UPS what a badly run company.

They tried to deliver a package to me, I noticed by the tag on my door.

I seen they delivered it during the day at 2pm. That is nice, I however work during the day and only get home after 6pm. I put a note on the tag in the comments section letting the driver know I am not home till 6pm and to try after that time. The next day, new tag on the door, in the comment section it was written "I will try to deliver the package tomorrow".

Well I checked the next day and a delivery attempt was done at 2:30pm. Now I am not sure if they comprehend English writing but my note was quite clear. I thought OK I can deliver to an alternate address, I went on the UPS website I get told that they can't deliver to this address as it is considered out of their area. The address was my work address and a UPS store is located 3 blocks away.

I then called the customer service number and they tell me they can deliver it to UPS store but I need permission from the store to have it delivered to them. I call the UPS store and they want to charge me $2.50 to receive the package. I already paid for delivery and now they want to charge me more. My last option was that they will hold it at their UPS compound.

GO figure it is 1hour and 30 minutes away from my work and Oh ya they close at 5:30pm Monday to Friday. The nice person at the customer service tells me well we will have to ship your package back to the sender and you will have to deal with the person who sent it to you.

I don't get mad like this often but I will never use UPS again in my life and I will make sure other don't either.God I love this company...

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

#202566

Lex-

Fedex does the same thing ya dummass. welcome to the real world.

#202485

I had a similar experience.UPS tried at the same time of day, 3 days in-a row and then returned the package to the sender.

My problem with it is that they didnt leave a note, and charged the same fee for return shipping.I am switching to fed-ex

#199428

Just leave them a note to leave the package at the door or on the back porch they will and there is no extra charge. I have them leave packages for me all the time and it has never been a problem.

#199410

Geeez.You think you are the center of the universe?

I'm sure the driver read your note about being home after 6 p.m.

and thought, "yeah I'll be home after 6 p.m.as well".

#193060

yeah maybe the driver should re work his entire delivery schedule to accomodate you being at work ya selfish ***.

#193045

I don't have a problem with UPS service.They have always been reliable and professional.

I don't expect them to deliver at night. I suggest you have them deliver to a neighbor or pay the $2.50 to get it at your local store. That is just the way that it works.

It's not a personal courier service, it's a parcel delivery service.Anytime you require specialized service, you should expect to pay more.

#193044