I spent $20 to have a package delivered. For a week I heard nothing (admittedly I did not track the package), and then one day I came home from work to find a Final Notice attached to my door. I tracked the package when I got inside and found out it was already in transit back to the shipper.

First off - why do they not keep the package at their hub for at least 3 business days? FedEx does this and it's genius! Just because I wasn't available during regular work hours and was not home does not mean I don't want my package!

Secondly - I called UPS to explain that I hadn't received the first two notices, and therefor couldn't give instructions to just leave the package. They looked it up and said that the driver had made the attempts and there was nothing they could do (besides apologize). I would have to contact the shipper.

So I contacted the shipper for a heads up that they would be getting the package back - they have gotten it and are now waiting for me to give them the go ahead (after I pay ANOTHER $20). I called UPS and after 30 minutes of hold time, I was told by a supervisor that I can't get a refund/fee waiver because it's up to the shipper to do that. So now I have to pay and wait to get the package and then contact the shipper to bug them to bug UPS to get a refund (which UPS couldn't assure me I would even receive one) so that the shipper could give me a refund. This is ridiculous and *** and no way to run a business. F*** UPS.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments