Saxonburg, Pennsylvania

So, I moved down here from Erie, where I had a huge problem with UPS.That's neither here nor there, but I was already wary of how awful UPS is.

Oh, you're not here from 2-5 PM because you work? Okay, we'll try again tomorrow WHEN YOU ARE AT WORK AGAIN. blah, blah, blah. So, I had a package coming that I knew I had to be available to sign for.

Found out when it was going to be delivered, tracked it and everything, made my work schedule so that I had the day off SPECIFICALLY to wait for the package. Sat in the living room close to the door, didn't put the TV or music on so that I could hear the driver come. I have a metal screen door so it makes a pretty decent noise if you knock even slightly, I can hear it in any room of the house, but predicting that this guy would be a ninja I decided to play it safe. Even scheduled not to use the restroom (because you know when you're in there, that's the 2 minutes they show up and don't wait).

Waited, waited, checked outside a few times, didn't see anything. Boyfriend comes home about 5 and gives me the dreaded but expected Sorry We Missed You notice. Looked at the time, I was sitting in the living room. Called to complain and customer service was soooo kind to me that I couldn't even express my anger to her.

Of course, the drivers were done for the evening. So I explained my situation, and the woman was very nice to me assuring me that she would speak with the driver. The next day I heard the truck pull up and waited in my kitchen like a child playing hide and seek. I peeked out so that I could watch the driver come over and literally tap on the doorframe of my apartment.

Just as suspected. So the next shipment (didn't have to sign for), I nearly peed myself when I heard something hit my door. Went to see and the box was on its side, you could tell that the guy just launched it at my door.

I can't win with these people....I encourage all reader's to look up the internet meme "How to deliver to a private residence".Spot on.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Nick1346
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #703472

You people realize that this happens with UPS, FedEx and the USPS, right?! It depends on the driver, not the company. However the meme is quite funny because that's how it always seems!