Ups - Electric Fireplace Delivered Smashed
My long awaited electric fireplace arrived yesterday.As I picked up one end of the 55 lb box, I knew instantly it was damaged.
I could hear all the little pieces of glass moving in the box like pebbles. We took it into and the house, opened the top flap and didn't need to go any further, glass everywhere. UPS knew this was damaged before they loaded it onto the local delivery truck, no way anyone could not have known by the sounds alone and the condition of the box. The way this fireplace was packaged, UPS must have dropped it off the dock to substain that amount of damage.
Why deliver it? Why not return it right then and there, or notify the company shipping it to let them know and to send a replacement? Poor service. Box wasn't even stashed on my large porch, just right out in front for the whole world to see and possibly steal.
Thanks UPS!Tracking #1Z26W74E0379721545
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Touchstone Home Products
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Ordered a MacBook Pro off of Apple's website, was sent to UPS from Apple the next day. I get a Friday delivery date from UPS with expedited 2nd Day Air,..."
- "Package was shipped through the next day air saver shipment and was suppose to be delivered by Friday 12/5. However due to their inconsistency and lies the package was never..."
- "Today as I returned home from grocery shopping a RUDE UPS driver was blocking my space (which CLEARLY had my apartment # on it) as well as other parking spaces...."
- "That's what happened to my leather sectional I purchased @ Ashley's just about four years ago and paid over $1,200.00. No pets, no kids...I sent them complaint about two years..."
- "This company is a fraud. They say I owe Paypal $930.00 and I almost never use Paypal. I called Paypal customer service AND the Paypal collections department and..."
- "My Pulte home came with a "free" baseline electric Whirlpool kitchen appliance package, with multiple options to upgrade the appliance line as long as it was electric. Only one..."
- "I have took brand new merchandise to cash america in oak park and they ask for ID. they have a fake website they use to compare prices and the prices are always..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."