Ups - Electric Fireplace Delivered Smashed
My long awaited electric fireplace arrived yesterday.As I picked up one end of the 55 lb box, I knew instantly it was damaged.
I could hear all the little pieces of glass moving in the box like pebbles. We took it into and the house, opened the top flap and didn't need to go any further, glass everywhere. UPS knew this was damaged before they loaded it onto the local delivery truck, no way anyone could not have known by the sounds alone and the condition of the box. The way this fireplace was packaged, UPS must have dropped it off the dock to substain that amount of damage.
Why deliver it? Why not return it right then and there, or notify the company shipping it to let them know and to send a replacement? Poor service. Box wasn't even stashed on my large porch, just right out in front for the whole world to see and possibly steal.
Thanks UPS!Tracking #1Z26W74E0379721545
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Deliver product or service ordered
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Touchstone Home Products
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have an expressed written submitted request for "signature only delivery with UPS. UPS is NOT to leave a package without my signature! Today for the 3rd time in..."
- "UPS drivers in New York are violent and dangerous! Beware! UPS driver Kishan Seoparsan threatens me when I'm trying to pick up my own package which he previously failed to..."
- "I sold a Samurai windshield with frame on Ebay...shipped through UPS...the buyer sends picture of broken windshield...was not broken before sending...UPS denied any responsibility by telling me the item was..."
- "POSHMARK ALLOWS THE SELLING OF COUNTERFEIT MICHAEL KORS HANDBAGS! COUNTERFEITS ARE ILLEGAL TO BUY AND TO SELL! I WAS WARNED BY POSHMARK BECAUSE I WAS LETTING BUYERS KNOW WHICH BAGS..."
- "Stay away! They guaranteed us a full deep cleaning. One of the owners came to our house for an inspection and we were very specific about what we wanted. We..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "My Pulte home came with a "free" baseline electric Whirlpool kitchen appliance package, with multiple options to upgrade the appliance line as long as it was electric. Only one..."
- "No safety, uncaring staff,young children no supervision with *** panties in the hot tub. People outside all hours,shady,yelling doing drugs. People living in car in parking lot, bums going through..."
- "I paid $4,200 for a website and never received it. I requested a refund after 6 months and no one responded to my email. After several attempts to email them..."