Verified Reviewer

Update by user Feb 23, 2021

I re-initiated the complaint; hoping that at least someone would take it seriously at UPS. Nope, the person I talked to (seriously, they send their customer services calls overseas?) reiterated that I should have signed up for UPS-My Choice, so I could SPECIFY where I wanted my packages dropped off.

I'm sorry, I (and this is a serious question) have to tell you to take my package to my house and not drop the perishable package off 1/3 mile from my house, next to the road? I've refused to order from 4 merchants in the last 2 days because they ship thru UPS.

Original review posted by user Jan 22, 2021

Ordered some seafood online. Shipped thru UPS, 2 day with dry ice.

I live approximately 1/3 mile down a dirt driveway off the main road. Checked tracking and it said that it was delivered. I was home the entire day. Had to go to town late in the afternoon.

There is an old barn at the end of my driveway where it meets the main road. That's where I found the package. Dry ice melted, seafood thawed, not safe to eat. Contacted UPS, the individual that handled my complaint stated that I should have signed up with "MyUPS" and I could specify where the package would be delivered!

Seriously?

I have to tell you to take it to my house? Tracking #1ZA75Y170208741426

User's recommendation: Ship through someone else, anyone else.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ups Claim.

Comments