I work with a number of UPS offices around the world and for the most part they are ok at what they do.I was shocked at the incompentence and dishonesty of the UPS employees at the Fort Lauderdale office.

The delivery person, claims to have attempted to deliver a package to my home three times, all three times we were home. Last attempt was Thursday Sept 8, at 7:30pm. I was home, and I know no attempt was made at that time. Prior to that, they claim he stopped 2 times between 3pm and 4pm.

My wife was home, so the delivery guy may have stopped for a nano second, but he did not knock. I called customer service on the the 7th and spoke with Evette who was demeaning, curt, abrasive, abnoxious, and last but not least plain dishonest. Always trying to hide behind "UPS" Policy, blaming me for the problem, and trying to bully me to back down from wanting just plain, simple good service. I finally got her to commit to have the package delivered on Friday 9/9/2011.

I worked from home that afternoon to ensure I could sit on the front porch and wait for the UPS guy to deliver the package. Around 3pm the UPS truck speeds by the house again and does not stop. So I called UPS again to find out why the UPS truck didn't stop. Sure enough, I get another very unhelpful, incompentent, employee by the name of Didi from the South Florida office who tells me that Evette didn't committ to have the package delivered and that I have to drive 30 miles to their office to pick up the package - at their convenience between the hours of 10am and 1pm on Saturday.

UPS Employees in the Fort Lauderdale office make the US post office look spectacular!! I am sure with offering this kind of service they will be going out of business eventually!!! If mailing to South Florida - use the US Postal Service, definitely not UPS.

Guess I will be driving 30 miles out to the UPS office tomorrow to see if my package is really there - I doubt it will be there.Don't Trust UPS in South Florida!!!

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments