I went to the ups store with two packages they contained antique pitchers .one was heavier than the other.

took them in the store and asked if they were packed well enough, while handing the boxes I told her how they were packed. I put bubble wrap around the pitcher and put paper in the bottom and then put 3 inches of packed peanuts around the item and packed them on top and the women said they were packed good.(If there is not enough peanuts I purchase more.) I sealed the packages. She sent them out. The heavier pitcher made it fine but the other one did not.

The buyer was really mad it was a box of shattered glass. I refunded her money she sent it back to me,(so i am out $$) when I got it the box had a hole on both sides of the box. what ever poked through hit the pitcher and it shattered. I called ups they sent someone out to pick up the box.

She told me not to open the box, I explained that the women sent it back to me ups and that there was a hole on both sides of my box. two months later I am still waiting for a response. I called and she told me that corporate denied my claim and they said there were no visible signs of damage to the box and it was not packed properly.I told her that her employee ok'd the packing and I explained that the person who bought the item from me repacked and she probably just threw it in there it was too late to be careful because it was in pieces. I also explained that there was a hole on both sides of the box , she acted surprised by that and said do you want to dispute it I said yes she got back to me a few days later and she was then told by corporate that it didn't have enough bubble wrap around it and peanuts are used as a buffer.

I was not allowed to corporate she wouldn't let me have the number to talk to them. I asked for my box back and she said they discarded it I told them they had no right to discard it they didn't buy it they didn't own it what gives them the right to throw it away. (my only guess is to distroy the evidense of the holes in the box.). Her response is that no one ever ask for their item back.

and she is sorry. I said maybe you should go ask the woman that ok'd my package being packed right and maybe she would like to tell the truth this time.

She again said she was sorry.will not ship ups again they rip you off.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments