I shipped an antique lamp covered the lamp for the full value.The box was clearly marked 5 times on each side Fragile.

My customer received the package and the lamp was damaged. UPS takes not responsibility for their actions in the shipping process. I supplied them with pictures of the lamp before and after shipping. They stated, they needed to see the packaging.

The customer threw the packing out, as anyone would do, so I lost out on the credit I issued to the customer for the damages. I was not going to have my customer pay full price for a damaged lamp. I will not do business any longer with them, why pay extra for insurance if they are not covering claims, and they are keeping the money. They are theifs.

DO DO BUSINEES WITH UPS.I paid $259 to ship a lamp!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

USPS will insure your package and help get it to the destination in one piece.

No matter how you pack it, UPS will claim it wasnt packaged properly.

The need to have the packaging is to see if the package was properly packaged. how many inches of padding surrounding, bubble wrap, styrofoam, peanuts, shrink wrap blah blah blah

Atlanta, Georgia, United States #745418

Did you pack the item properly?Not what you assume to be properly packed, but as the UPS standards.

These standards are common for all carriers and can be found on each website. I have worked for UPS for 14 years and have only had 1 package damaged.

That is because I know how to pack.If a package is properly packed, very rarely will it get damaged, and if so UPS will honor a claim.