My mother's friend sent me a package and I was at work during the first two attempts. I took off work yesterday for the third attempt and was home all day. The driver left a notice on my front door but he didn't ring the doorbell or make an attempt to get my attention.

This has happened enough times that I know there is no way I can get my package.

I'm ineligible for MyChoice and the holding location isn't convenient (It's 90 minutes by public transit and their hours are M-F 10-6 which doesn't help anyone with a job who would miss the package in the first place). The only other way to get it is to pick it up from a franchised UPS store.

In order to pick it up from a local UPS store I would have to pay $6 from UPS to get it rerouted and $10 from the private UPS Store to have them hold it. This is not okay and I do not have $16 to waste. This is why I always tell people not to send me items through UPS.

My job does not allow deliveries and I'm stuck without options.

This has happened enough times (the driver doesn't alert me, I've taken to watching the street like a hawk when I have a package and going downstairs to meet him) that I'm beginning to think this is done on purpose so they can get more money for redelivery. We are paying for privatized service but we are getting nothing in return.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments