1.4
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

I had received a package from Italy come in today 1/15/15.The package to say in a nice way was DESTROYED when it was dropped off their was brown bag paper all around the box and when i called ups they told the package was inspected and i would have to say at least 30$ worth of items had been destroyed because ups doesn't allow any canned goods.When i opened the box there was none of the original packing peanuts or bubble wrap just broken glass and i had also received some chocolate but ups wasn't satisfied on ruining my day enough and i found wrappers opened and the chocolate was bitten into only one package of chocolate out of ten was not touched.If i had to rate my experiance from 1 to 10. 10 being the best i give it a -20 because my family spent 170$ to send it and were very angry once they called ups and where told that "you are lucky we did not fine you for the cost to search the box"!!!!! really

Preferred solution: a written formal apology and description of what will happen in the future to customers with the same outcome.

I didn't like: Delivery, Poor customer service, Unethical business practices, Customer service agents.

• UPS DISAPPOINTMENT
Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Jan 15, 2015.

Comments

Florida, United States #932918

That sounds like a customs issue, not a UPS issue. Whenever foodstuffs of any kind are shipped internationally, they are thoroughly inspected by the recipient country's customs agents.What it sounds like happened is that several of the things shipped to you did not meet the US's standards and thus were destroyed.

With the open stuff, I'm not sure what to say, as I don't know the actual customs process, but if it was actually bitten into, then I would contact US customs to ask what happened.

Anyways, my point here is that it is extremely unlikely that UPS were the ones who did this to your package. It was almost certainly US Customs agents.