Verified Reviewer

UPS and FITS EXPRESS as their UPS official agent in Sri Lanka is the WORST delivery service ever!

I had a parcel sent by UPS Worldwide Saver from U.S.A. to Sri Lanka (the shipping cost was US$100) and I fondly expected it to be delivered in "3+ business days" (as UPS website says).

In fact the delivery took 15 business / 19 calendar days!

First UPS surprised me when on the scheduled date of delivery they delivered NOT my parcel itself, but only the DOCUMENTS for customs clearance. At that very moment UPS marked this package as DELIVERED! Wow! I think this is an outright fraud!

The package is delivered when it is actually in my hands, not when I get just the documents to proceed with customs clearance, right?

Then FITS EXPRESS took 10 business / 12 calendar days to proceed with customs clearance. While I was responding and paying invoices within hours after receiving their emails, they were just proceeding slowly and in very unhurried manner. Normally customs clearance could be done in 1 (ONE) DAY, but the guys in FITS EXPRESS just don't give a damn about it!

After customs clearance was finished, FITS EXPRESS charged me 5000 LKR (~US$30) additionally to their clearance fee which was indicated in the initial documents and was rather moderate (2900/- LKR without VAT). But they went further and overcharged me by this 2900/- LKR by miscalculating the final receipt!

I had no option but to pay the balance indicated in the receipt to the courier in cash, because it was Saturday, and it was impossible to contact any manager in the head office. I emailed them my complain and requested a refund, but after 3 business days I still have no response (I will update this review if I get the refund).

The Outcome. Image you paid almost US$150 for the parcel to be delivered from U.S.A.

to Sri Lanka, expected to receive it in 5 days max, and actually get it in hand after 15 business / 19 calendar days and with US$16 of overcharge! Shame on UPS and FITS EXPRESS!!!

User's recommendation: Never use UPS and/or FITS EXPRESS.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments