How unprofessional is this company?Several times now I've received shipments where the driver simply knocks once or twice, doesn't wait for an answer and is in his truck driving off to the next delivery location without regards as to whether or not I received my property.

My front door is open to the neighborhood and anyone could easily take my package from in front of my door. Absolutely unbelievable these folks are still in business!!

In the future I will ensure my deliveries are only done by USPS or FedEx.What explanation do they have for continuing this practice despite the numerous customer complaints, is something I'd be interested in finding out.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

I WODER HOW THESE IDIOTS WOULD FEEL IF WE WENT INTO THIER HOMES AND THREW AROUND THIER FURNITURE LIKE THEY DO TO OUR PAID PACKAGES

to *** UPS Florida, United States #864093

If their furniture was packed to UPS standards as your package should be, I doubt they would mind since nothing would get broken.

Schaumburg, Illinois, United States #841921

I have seen many times they even do not knock the door. From their truck they come with a sticker (AND NO PACKAGE IN HIS HAND)...and just put the sticker on the door and Go...UPS is ridiculous....

MattD78
Orlando, Florida, United States #841596

I agree with Barry 100%.The shipper you order things from is the one who determines if a signature is required.

If it doesn't, UPS simply leaves it so long as the driver feels the package is safe.Also, if they didn't just leave the package I'd bet you and plenty of other people would be on here complaining how you didn't get your package because the driver returned it to the HUB since he couldn't get a signature.

Alsip, Illinois, United States #841541

A Driver leaves with around 250 individual addresses a day on their truck.

The Driver has to be back at the building in 10 hours.

30 minutes to get their delivery area, and 30 min to get back to the building at the end of the day.

1 hour required for lunch (per D.O.T. Regulations.)

That leaves actual work time of 8 hours for the 250 stops.

Say the Driver has to wait for 1 minute at half the stops, that is more than 2 hours the Driver is standing around doing no work. If you are so concerned, have everything sent Signature Required, then the driver time allowance and work load is adjusted for Sig Required.

to Barry #841579

You are totally right about that but if you know you have a package coming why don't you watch for it?