I live on Park Ave. here in Dothan Ala.

, and EACH and EVERY time local UPS drivers deliver a package here on Park Ave. ( like today at 1:30 ) they insist on honking. FIRST: This is a very busy street , and there is already a noise problem. There are 2 nurses , one is an ER nurse , and both work 3rd shift.

Not to mention 2 disabled ladies that are both in wheel chairs. Add to that , a 3 of seriously ill people including some elderly people But your guys insist that they honk when they deliver a package. They " try" to justify it by saying it alerts cars they are stopping. That is the most idiotic and insane reason I have ever heard.

What ever happened to COMMON COURTESY and COOMON RESPECT for our fellow human beings..... SECOND: USE the FLASHERS or turn indicators on the vehicle. That is what they are there for. THIRD: Pull off the street EACH and EVERY time there is a driveway , ESPECIALLY on busy streets like Park Ave.

here in Dothan Ala. I had a supervisor call me the last time I complained , and it was more him chewing me out for complaining than anything else. Someone suggested to me that , maybe the guy that called me had a problem with veterans. Of course , he defended the practice of honking.

Big shock there. The problem with Dothan is the true " Good Old Boy " mentality rules the day here. So it is pointless for me to complain to anyone locally. As I said , this is now the second time I had to ask that this practice be stopped , and UPS trucks start using their FLASHERS , and TURN INDICATORS.

It would be helpful if all your drivers locally read the Alabama Driver's Handbook. A driver safety course would be a big help as well , as long as it is conducted by the company itself ....and then by someone from say Birmingham or some place else.

PLEASE do not have ANYONE locally contact me , as I do not wish to be chewed out or lectured to a second time ! Thank You, B Chandler.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ups Vehicle Driver.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: STOP having Dothan area UPS drivers honking , and use FLASHERS , TURN INDICATORS , and just plain old PUMPING the BRAKES a few before stopping to deliver a package..

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Mar 03, 2015.

Comments