Ordered $400 worth of protein powder.Package arrived damaged and protein powder coated everything.

Contacted company that I ordered from which in turn contacted UPS. The company I contacted submitted a claim on my behalf for $135 and UPS only offered to refund $58. It took them a couple of weeks to process the claim. They didn't offer anything to make up for the inconvenience.

UPS is a waste of time and a crappy company.I'm considering just buying protein powder from Walmart because although the price is higher it's much easier than UPS scamming me out of money when they screwed up.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States #661573

Ups didn't "scam" you out of anything, your vendor did.

Declared value coverage is only payable to the shipper (your vendor).

By the sounds of it, your vendor didn't package your items well enough. My guess is there was not any bubble wrap nor sufficient loosefill to support the weight of the (generally) heavy buld powder, and, obviously the powder wasn't in a bag to capture the substance when in illpacked packaging broke. You can only blame your vendor for that.

What a reputable vendor would/should do is send you another order or refund your money in full and deal with the claims process with ups, not put you in the middle of resolving their ppisss poor packaging and claim.