My Father sent me his,(now mine),chess set.Bronze pieces in a small simple wooden box, legs, frame.

The board is made of marble. He purchased this in 1968 while in Germany. He was cautious and paid EXTRA to "double" pack it and insure the idem for $400. when I received the box it was literally crushed open on one side.

All pieces made it safe except the marble board, the corner was smashed into small pieces and dust. UPS gave me two options...get it "repaired" at a cost of up to $400, or get $400 for a replacement. First and foremost you can not repair the damage...you could prevent it from getting worse and make it look better then now. But it would not look like it did before UPS.

You would also have to do all the research for the repairs and take the time to see all the repairs out... BUT...They would take the damaged from you. Really? I did not damage this idem.

I did not ship it. I just want the chess set that I fondly remember as a child, so can pass it along to my children. In my opinion I should get the $400 repair the idem as well as possible regardless of the cost, more or less.

The board will never look the same.

This reviewer shared experience about "damaged delivery" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $5200. mbrown9620 is overall dissatisfied with Ups. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments