Bought a one of a kind guitar, with the certificate in a travel hardcase from Germany, which it was originally made in the USA, and what makes it unique is being an 8 string model which won't be made again, so it's the only one of its kind. UPS managed to sap me with extra fees and hold it until I was going to pay them, despite the $1300AUD of shipping before hand (Inc. insurance), which ended up being a grand total of $1873AUD or so approx. The guitar arrived with minor damage on the box, which obviously didn't worry me, since it was in a travel case, right?
Upon opening the case the guitar had a nasty, there was a large eye-saw of a chunk missing out of the head stock (top of the guitar) which left me in a state of disbelief, having waited so long to get it. Immediately I contacted the sender, Pro Music Tools Germany, who got onto the case immediately, but never got a resolution. I tried to ring UPS myself to solve it, which they never let me get any answers or contest, since I didn't send it, regardless of it being MY money paid for the horrible service they gave. They rejected all claim of responsibility, along with Pro Tools ignoring my emails, since they are the only people that can get information, and now I am left with a damaged guitar which I will most likely have to pay out of pocket.
Further more, I found out from a close friend, who's fiance works in the Kentucky USA UPS, that packages can take 10ft + dives at points! How's that for care?? All in all, UPS bounce around the topic, lie, blame others and steal your money for the useless insurance. The guitar has essentially lost its collectors value.
Do NOT ship through them, period.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Guitar Insurance Rejection
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought a used digital piano a couple of years ago that came in a professionally designed and built hard shell case made specifically for this item and it arrived..."
- "Here is what I wrote and am thinking about sending to any local news agency. Not that it will change anything any way but its a good way to..."
- "The pictures say it all. UPS crushed, dented, and put wholes in the NEW box with four ceramic heirlooms being sent home from my recently deceased mother-in-laws estate. ..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "Direct tv tech attached my satellite brackets on my roof with NAILS. I was selling my home located at 6828 Valley Lane in Leeds, Al. and the home inspector found..."
- "Thought I'd try your Publix Supreme Self Rising Crust Pizza. The picture on the box really looked good. Too bad the pizza INSIDE the box didn't look like that...."