Bought a one of a kind guitar, with the certificate in a travel hardcase from Germany, which it was originally made in the USA, and what makes it unique is being an 8 string model which won't be made again, so it's the only one of its kind. UPS managed to sap me with extra fees and hold it until I was going to pay them, despite the $1300AUD of shipping before hand (Inc. insurance), which ended up being a grand total of $1873AUD or so approx. The guitar arrived with minor damage on the box, which obviously didn't worry me, since it was in a travel case, right?
Upon opening the case the guitar had a nasty, there was a large eye-saw of a chunk missing out of the head stock (top of the guitar) which left me in a state of disbelief, having waited so long to get it. Immediately I contacted the sender, Pro Music Tools Germany, who got onto the case immediately, but never got a resolution. I tried to ring UPS myself to solve it, which they never let me get any answers or contest, since I didn't send it, regardless of it being MY money paid for the horrible service they gave. They rejected all claim of responsibility, along with Pro Tools ignoring my emails, since they are the only people that can get information, and now I am left with a damaged guitar which I will most likely have to pay out of pocket.
Further more, I found out from a close friend, who's fiance works in the Kentucky USA UPS, that packages can take 10ft + dives at points! How's that for care?? All in all, UPS bounce around the topic, lie, blame others and steal your money for the useless insurance. The guitar has essentially lost its collectors value.
Do NOT ship through them, period.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Guitar Insurance Rejection
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I attached the detailed tracking log as well as a picture of the received package. As you can see they didn't even notice something was wrong after going back and..."
- "I shipped a Beautiful Bicycle which was destroyed by UPS over Christmas. This Claim was denied by UPS. They say a bicycle box is not strong enough to hold bicycles...."
- "I ordered a pool online delivery date was on time HOWEVER it was delivered in the wrong position, the box was a complete mess! Wholes in the top bottom middle..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "i had ordered for magnetic iphone cable through facebook ad and got linked to shopify for order. I used my credit card for fulfilling the payment and amount of $14.95..."
- "My son ordered a hoodie without permission / I attempted to cancel immediately / Web site will not allow you to cancel order, must call support line / Support line..."