Bought a one of a kind guitar, with the certificate in a travel hardcase from Germany, which it was originally made in the USA, and what makes it unique is being an 8 string model which won't be made again, so it's the only one of its kind. UPS managed to sap me with extra fees and hold it until I was going to pay them, despite the $1300AUD of shipping before hand (Inc. insurance), which ended up being a grand total of $1873AUD or so approx. The guitar arrived with minor damage on the box, which obviously didn't worry me, since it was in a travel case, right?
Upon opening the case the guitar had a nasty, there was a large eye-saw of a chunk missing out of the head stock (top of the guitar) which left me in a state of disbelief, having waited so long to get it. Immediately I contacted the sender, Pro Music Tools Germany, who got onto the case immediately, but never got a resolution. I tried to ring UPS myself to solve it, which they never let me get any answers or contest, since I didn't send it, regardless of it being MY money paid for the horrible service they gave. They rejected all claim of responsibility, along with Pro Tools ignoring my emails, since they are the only people that can get information, and now I am left with a damaged guitar which I will most likely have to pay out of pocket.
Further more, I found out from a close friend, who's fiance works in the Kentucky USA UPS, that packages can take 10ft + dives at points! How's that for care?? All in all, UPS bounce around the topic, lie, blame others and steal your money for the useless insurance. The guitar has essentially lost its collectors value.
Do NOT ship through them, period.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Guitar Insurance Rejection
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I received a pair of shoes that I had ordered online and the box looked like it had been crushed in a trash compactor and then a raccoon tried to..."
- "UPS are a bunch of cheap crooks. As you can see by the attached photos. they deliberately trashed my order. Now reading the reviews, I can see that they are..."
- "UPS drivers in New York are violent and dangerous! Beware! UPS driver Kishan Seoparsan threatens me when I'm trying to pick up my own package which he previously failed to..."
- "I got a Tee Shirt instead of a Hoodie I ordered and I haven't gotten anything back from then other than canned responses. The hoodie was a XL Men's hoodie...."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "Ordered a Premium Large Garden Basket (the biggest upgrade) for a friend's funeral. They assured me they would be delivered to the funeral home by 10:30am since the funeral started..."