My mother ordered books from Amazon. The delivery date according to Amazon was today, 24 Sept 2014.

At almost exactly 8pm local time, the delivery status on UPS' website changed. They claimed that someone from our house had called and requested that they postpone delivery. Of course, neither I nor my mother had called them for that, or in fact called them at all.

That quickly changed. I called, provided the tracking, and was told that the delivery date was tomorrow so everything would be just fine.

Lo and behold, when I get Mom to pull up the email from Amazon, it specifies a delivery date of today. On their website, it's changed suddenly to tomorrow -- because UPS changed it on their end!

Call UPS back, and they basically refuse to do anything about it, saying that the local center will call me at some point (I doubt it) and I can argue with them. The one bit of useful info they did give me, which I significantly doubt, is that the first person I talked to supposedly didn't change the delivery date.

Mom does a live-chat with UPS, and got the same runaround.

When --if-- UPS calls me, they're going to get an angry fella on the line. Guaranteed. This is bad business, plain and simple.

A significant pity that (as far as I know) Amazon won't let you choose the shipping company that sends you your stuff...

Preferred solution: Never thought I'd say this. Driver and those covering for him/her should be fired, plain and simple. I have no patience for fools and idiots!.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments