Verified Reviewer

I contracted UPS to collect a police clearance document from The South African Police . They in turn contracted an agent to go do the actual collection.

The agent was handed the wrong document by the South African Police (very common) but the agent failed to check the document. UPS then took the document out of the South African Police envelope, failed to double-check if the document was correct, and mailed it to me in Canada. It is someone else's police clearance. Like a whole other individual.

All my info provided to UPS was accurate, and I bear 0% responsibility for the error. 1 month later I still don't have the document and UPS have advised that the agency that made the error have collected the document. I have asked them if I can get a family member to collect the document, so I can engage any other company other then UPS to send the document to me in Canada. Now there is radio silence and in essence they are withholding my document from me and refusing to engage with me to solve the problem.

It is an absolute disgrace. It has cost me over CAD 200 to get the document to the South African Police, and UPS charged me another CAD 100 to deliver the wrong document to me. UPS are behaving in a criminal manner and I have advised them I am engaging a lawyer to sue them for the return of my property which is either being held illegally by UPS or their agent. This company does not deserve your business.

I will also report this to the Canadian consumer society to see if they can intervene. Also, I gave UPS a 0 on their review they emailed me and since then I have had no response from UPS. This just proves that these online reviews/ customer care reviews are an actual con. So disgusted.

I always thought UPS were the leader in couriers, but the truth is they are not.

So disappointed and I can only advise anyone looking to use a courier company to never ever use UPS. They do not deserve to be In business.

User's recommendation: Never use UPS.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

UPS Cons: No customer service.

Comments