For Spring Break I am going on a ski trip.I didn't have any of my ski gear so I asked my Mom to ship it to me.

I am currently in college and live far from home. My Mom packed the box up to the brim with dried goods, my Northface ski jacket, ski pants, fleece leggings, socks, Goretex gloves, new Jcrew wool sweater, and new jcrew oxford shirt. The total weight of the package was 15.5 lb. When I received the package from my school post office it was significantly lighter.

When I opened it up, only the dry goods remained. At first I thought my Mom had made a mistake but upon closer inspection I saw that there was curry powder everywhere inside the box. I tried looking for the burst curry packet but it was gone. That was the one food item that was missing.

It became obvious that someone had cut into the bottom of the box, in the process puncturing the curry packet, and removed the clothing items. Additionally, the tape at the bottom of the box was ripped confirming that the box had been tampered with. It is just infuriating that this kind of thing could happen. The sweater and oxford shirt are no longer sold and I doubt we will get full compensation from UPS.

The terms and conditions indicate up to $100 compensation regardless of the contents of the box. An "inspector" is going to be contacting me, but this is just unbelievable.

The box my Mom sent me had no labels indicating the contents, which makes me wonder why anyone would have the intent to steal the contents.UPS should be responsible for the actions of their workers!!

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments