I ordered a package of loose bullets from Cabela's. It should have been 10 boxes of 100 rounds each. I get home, and the wife tells me there is a problem with the package. 1st off, it looks like a gorilla on crank loaded this thing! The air bags securing the rounds are popped (from some sort of impact, and the side is split out of the side of the box. The return label inside is a mangled mess and THEY STUFFED A ROLL OF UPS STICKERS INSIDE THE BOX IN THE SPLIT!!! So, not only were they aware there was an issue with the package, they didn't give a *** and delivered it anyway knowing they damaged it.

Then, when I tried to call customer service, I was told by a less than useful automated call system that there are no humans around to address this issue, and to call back during bankers hours essentially.

Filing a claim online was just as painful. If you don't fill out EVERY box (like my company name...I DON'T OWN A COMPANY,HENCE NO COMPANY NAME) it keeps kicking you back. Not to mention, you have to register on the site to file a claim, which is complete horse-s**t. Also, they may want to pick the package back up for "inspection". WTF is this?!?!?! You screwed my package up once, UPS, now you want to take it AGAIN for round 2?

I'm astounded this company remains in business.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

Dark_Shaft
Coeur D Alene, Idaho, United States #620311

ups has csr on duty 24/7, it's unfortunate you can't figure out how to operate a simple automated systemn public school education?

in any event your package wasn't packed properly, you can't expect an air pillow to support 10+# of dense items and i would bet there weren't enough of them even if they thought they would help.

lastly, you can't file a claim, you are not the shipper, you did not pay for the declared value coverage, therefor you are not entitled to be reimbursed by ups for anything.

your vendor (cabelas) is to blame for poor packing, they are the ones you paid for the items, they should reimburse you and file a claim with ups if they see fit.