They broke my computer during shipping. It is a desktop that was shipped in the original packaging with all the original protective foam.It took at least 5 tries to get a clear answer as to how to process a damage claim. One person even told me to "Go to Apple, get it fixed, and just tell them to send the bill to UPS" which is clearly wrong and thankfully I did not follow. Then, two months go by and I hear nothing. I called and they informed me that they had made a decision almost 2 months ago. They denied my claim, asserting that "it was not damaged during shipping".

I called the head office back and was spoken to in such a rude manner by a man named Carlo who was clearly reading an unrelated script. He signed off by saying "whatever, you broken record". The supervisor apologized for it, but told me he couldn't do anything and I had to go back through the shipping office.

The shipping office inquired and told me, after maybe 15 phones calls in total, that because I had not packaged it in the store, the insurance would not cover breakage.

What? No one explained this to me when I was signing the contract. Had I known, I would surely have repacked the computer in front of them. Any normal person would have.

I left several messages with customer service representative named Ruth to discuss the poor service and treatment. I was encouraged to do this by an attendant at the call center I spoke to as it was her job to address issues of customer service. She has never returned my calls or transferred my information to someone else.

I will never use UPS again. All of this over a 200$ piece of plastic that they broke. I have never been given so much false information and nor have I ever been treated so rudely by people who are allegedly in the business of customer service.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments