I shipped two boxes and a 5'x6' carpet through a UPS Store in Honolulu, Hawaii.The cost was $300.00 I wrapped the carpet securely in thick plastic and it arrived intact.

The two boxes, which were brand new boxes, were well packed with bubble wrap, foam chips and old clothing to pad the items. They were literally dumped at my door while I was not at home with boxes filthy, split open with packing material falling out and items smashed. It looked like they had played football with them! I immediately contacted the store in Honolulu and sent pics with my iPhone.

They told me to call the main number which I did, however the guy I got on the phone was incapable of even noting my e-mail address correctly to receive info on how to submit a claim. So the next day I had to call again. I sent them everything they asked for including numerous pictures. A day later I received a form letter stating because I did not use THEIR boxes they would not honor my claim.

I will never use UPS again! A friend who has to use them for his business, after hearing my story, said basically if you are going to use UPS to ship anything, you have to pack things to survive being thrown out of a plane without a parachute if you want them to have a chance at arriving in one piece.

Shame on UPS!Next time I will use the United States Post Office- much cheaper and they actually treat their packages with care because they value their jobs!!

This person wrote the review because of damaged or defective at Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $200 and wants Ups to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ups ups shipping for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments