Verified Reviewer

Update by user Nov 01, 2021

I called them and they said no refund I should have read it somewhere else on the website even though it allowed it as an address entry.

Original review posted by user Nov 01, 2021

Letter to UPS,

This week I went online to your website and filled out your shipping label form with a P.O. Box as a delivery address and it allowed me to do so.

There was no warning and no indication at all that you do not deliver to P.O boxes.

Then I went to one of your Ups Stores to drop it off (after your software allowed me to print a label to a type of address that you do not even deliver to). I handed the package to a UPS Store employee after I weighed it as she told me to then she picked it up off the scale, looked at the label, scanned it into your system which printed out a receipt and then she gave it to me and said I was all set.

Then later I received a call about it being sent to a P.O. Box and was told then for the first time that you dont deliver to them. I then had to look up an address (actually call the company to get a street address) and call it in to UPS.

I had two separate conversations with two different UPS employees and neither one mentioned that I would be charged anything because of this.

Then the other day I got the email that I was billed $18 for an address change on a package that you said was going to cost only $12 to ship in the first place.

In my opinion somewhere in that process UPS should have been able to discover that and not accept the transaction. After all you deliver packages every day and this has to happen to lots of your customers. You did me a dis-service bye not alerting me to the fact that you dont deliver to P.O.Boxes and now you want to charge me $18 to call you up and give you a street address when you never red flagged it along the way. Surely this happen hundreds of times a week to your millions of customers.

You could easily red flag "P.O.

Box" as an allowable entry into the address field of the "ship to address box" on the website.

You could also have your stores scanners software changed so they wont be to process delivery to a type of place that you dont allow it as a delivery destination. Thank you, Steven J Greig

User's recommendation: Use Fed Ex.

UPS Pros: Never had a problem until now.

UPS Cons: Took a box labeled po box and they do not deliver to them.

Comments