I live in Canada and bought an item from amazon.ca not knowing that the item is going to be shipped from US.The item was a tablet for $419 Canadian.

All computer items are exempted from duties. However UPS was demanding $91. 95 for brokerage fees and $55.38 for HST. (Total of $147.33) I was prepared to pay the HST but asked them if I could release the item myself through CBSA.

They suggested that they could only send the item to the port of Windsor Ontario (more than 10 hrs ride from Ottawa). I requested them to send it to CBSA office in Ottawa Ontario and I can go there personally to release the item and pay the taxes. They flatly refused. I just want to advise people who are buying from US that you should make sure that you request the sender to ship the item through USPS and never UPS.

I had several bad experiences with UPS. In my opinion, it is the worst carrier.

If you want to find other people's experiences with UPS then go on the internet and search for complains against UPS.You will find thousands of complains.

This person wrote the review because of "the company is dishonest." of a product or service from Ups. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ups to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments