1.7
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

UPS advertises next day delivery on their inexpensive ground service as long as the destination is within 300 miles of the drop center. Unfortunately many businesses choose to use this rather than their guaranteed delivery service which costs about 100% more (which in truth is no better IME).

Once again a vital machine component needed for a weekend conference failed to show during the confirmed four hour window which unfortunately happened to be on a Friday night. One hour after the window had passed I received and email stating that the delivery had been rescheduled for Monday during the same 2:45-6:45 window.

After two hours on the phone with the UPS call center I was assured by a supervisor that the part would either show up on my doorstep by 8AM Saturday or be made available for pickup at the downtown customer center by 10AM and that someone would call me first thing in the AM to notify me which options was in play.

Saturday morning arrives with no call. Around 9:30 AM I received another email telling me that the package was "out for delivery by end of day"! REALLY ? ? ? At 11:00 AM the package arrives giving me less than one hour to make it 62 miles to it's final destination at the conference for which I was forced to hire a courier.

Thanks again UPS. What has brown done for me lately? Nothing they'll ever get the opportunity to do for me again, I can assure you.

Review about: Ups Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: stay out of my life.

I didn't like: Idea that they are still in business.

Comments

I was one unhappy customer when I did not get my delivery as expected. After a call and a letter of complaint, I received a call back from UPS headquarters.

Tina was truly apologetic and informed me that this would be under investigation.

Being it was a day late I was surprised to even hear back from UPS. I appreciate her taking the time to address the situation.