Additional Fees

So let's be clear about UPS.They will deliver when they want to and not a moment sooner.

They will not refund expedited shipping charges under any circumstances nor will they admit that the delay is their fault. So I had a one of a kind part shipped 2nd day air. It would have been next day air but the next day was Thanksgiving and that would not have been realistic. However, it seems they give their drivers full discretion to decide what business they will or will not deliver to the day after a holiday.

Why would I or anyone else order a package for 2nd day air, pay the additional charges and then not be there to receive it. The tracking number showed "the business is closed for the holiday". Well, we're not closed today because it's not a holiday and we're not Government employees! The customer service agent half way around the globe advised that the "driver noted the business closed".

Well the driver is either a liar or he needs to work on his physic powers because we're here, waiting for the part, and he has not driven by the large front window at our office that faces the street. I cannot force all of my vendors to stop using UPS but it is a certainty, regardless of price, that we will not ship with UPS under any circumstances. Absolutely the worst concern for customer service of any major corporation I have EVER had to deal with.

Period.

This reviewer shared experience about problem with delivery and wants this business to have the product delivered as the author lost $65. scheehlnm is overall dissatisfied with Ups. The most disappointing about ups 2nd day air at Ups was being charged for service they had no intention of providing and driver lied about delivery attempt Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

This makes no sense.

It appears this was done on Wed, since you make reference to next day being Thanksgiving.

So, 2nd day would be 2 business days, meaning it would be delivered Mon the 30th.

Next day would have been Friday delivery, since Thursday was a Holiday and not a business day.

to Anonymous #1070444

It shipped on Tuesday. We expected it on Friday.

to Anonymous #1070905

"The next day would have been Thanksgiving and that would not have been realistic" Which leads a person to believe this happened on Wed.

Then you change your story to say it was sent on Tuesday, and Thanksgiving is NOT on Wednesday.

So, which story is correct?

to Anonymous #1071049

The shipper in PA shipped late in the day on Tuesday so a next day air would have showed up Thursday.My "story" did not change but if you are happy with UPS, good for you.

As an update, the local UPS agent that answered the phone on Friday told me she could not deliver the box as the had no trucks because everyone was off work. I got home and a UPS truck was making a residential delivery right down the street. The UPS website showed the box was in town and had a delivery date of Friday! As we expected.

They simply decided not to deliver some of their business routes and then lied about it.Simple as that.