NEVER have I EVER heard of Access Points from UPS.Until today that I wasn't home to receive my package.

Because I live in an apartment building, my usual driver never leaves my packages out, and has me sign for them. He already knows me and knows I'm home. I figured the norm would be just to put a sign on the door saying that I wasn't home to receive the package and they would re-deliver tomorrow. Apparently I was automatically enrolled into a thing called UPS Access points where they basically leave your package in whatever business is closer to them that has a contract with them.

I called them when I noticed the tracking said it was going to a place completely unfamiliar to me (and thank goodness I was looking at the tracking number) and I had to call them immediately and ask what on earth it was. I was informed it WAS automatic and I was told I could opt-out online in my My Choice account. I thought ok, that's good! I can do that, and meanwhile the woman I spoke to put my packages to be redelivered tomorrow.

I got on live chat with someone from Technical Support who informed me I was already opted out. But I go back to live chat a few hours later and I'm told this isn't possible. WHAT?!?! Apparently it's the shipper who decides your package can be taken to wherever else, because it's "in their contract." That's something I don't believe for a second, honestly, because one of the packages which was re-routed was from a local bakery in GA which did a custom order for me, and they usually ship USPS.

They don't have a contract with UPS. The worst part is not this.. I could live with the access points, but I live in a VERY bad neighborhood, and it turns out they pick whatever business is closest to you. So someone can run off with your package and you'd be none the wiser, because it doesn't look like they screen these businesses or anything.

This is TERRIBLE and it's WORSE that I can't opt out of it! The best part is that yesterday a package of mine was lost, because it was not my usual driver, and they dropped it off wherever they felt like it. Amazing. I always went out of my way to ensure my packages were delivered by UPS but..

honestly not anymore.I rather USPS at this point.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Ups. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Ups.

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments