Update by user Mar 21, 2012

correction: ship date 3/16/2012, not 3/17/2012

Original review posted by user Mar 21, 2012

For 25+ years I used Fed Ex for overnight documents. 3/17/2012 first time sending through UPS (documents, not package) from L. A. to a Canada. Paid $50 at a UPS Store (Owned by Mailbox Etc. Not owned by UPS). Package was 24 hours late. The Canadian UPS driver demanded another $46 for "Canadian Custom Import Duty". Recipient business paid. Charged me back for it. (total cost $96.) 3 hours of phoning to the original shipper- UPS Store in L.A. area, UPS United States Operation, UPS International Operation, UPS Canadian Operation, even Canadian Border Service Agency (Canadian custom)... all declined responsibility to look into the problem. My own investigation reviewed that thhe problem turned out to be someone, not a computer at UPS decided that my letter has a value of $750, and therefore Canadian custom assessed an import duty of $46. !!!! All the documents prepared by the local UPS store (shipper) was labelled "Document, Value $0.00". I as the customer who ended up paying the total bill, has no right to ask UPS for an investigation or launch a complaint. Only the recipient in Canada that received the package can ask for an investigation !!!! That recipient said they may charge me more if they have to spend hours on the phone with UPS.....

Everyone, if you think shipping packages using UPS is bad, they cannot even handle shipping a letter correctly !!!

I even called Canada Border Service Agency (Canadian custom), they said UPS have such problems.... does he mean ripping off customers? No one at any levels of UPS could tell me where to call except to deny, and blame the other parties, and said that there is nothing they can do because I am not the recipient. ........Finally after 25 phone calls, I found a very apologetic lady from the UPS Broker Service in Canada. She issued me a refund (have not received it yet) and said the only person that could have hand written down a value of $750.00 is someone working inside UPS USA. By the time UPS Canada received my package, it is already marked "Value $750"...

Had an Experience with Ups?

Comments

mike, try googling the phrase "dimensional weight."

Lady what is your problem?Ups admitted the mistake and is sending you a check.

Sounds like they owned up and apologized.Bad luck with having a bad experience out of the shoot but alls well that ends well, I meanj except for the part about you needing a tampon change.

Dude you are full of donkey scat.

Pricing at ups stores for shipping is exactly the same as ups.com. What I'm sure you failed to do online was enter the dimensions. That would have given you the correct price online as well. I checked at ups.com and a package with those specifics, from bitchmond to a phoenix business address it was $59. If I used a residential address and had the correct zip code I'm sure it would have been exactly what you paid.

Too bad you can figure out how to post on this site but not operate the ups site properly.

You're a tool.

Best to deal directly with UPS. The stores are normally a franchise.

Went to a UPS store in Richmond IN.to ask about the rate to ship a package to AZ.

The package weighed 10 lbs. and was 48"X 21"X 7". The lady said it would be $69.50. I asked if the was a cheaper rate and was told no.

I went home and went to UPS.com and checked the rate and found that I could have shipped it for $17.50.I will never use a UPS store again!!!