Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Omaha, Nebraska - Left my Package with a total stranger

I had ordered some rather expensive bedding and the company I ordered from uses Ups. My mistake. Not only was the package held up because of a "wrong or missing apartment number" Which was a lie because the company had the address right on the tracking info page and sure enough...apt # 8 was on there. Guess what.. no note no nothing on my door, the *** driver left my package with a person who I didn't know nor specifically asked for them to leave my package with- in a separate apartment building , apt #1 !! wtf?? Why couldn't the driver use his or her brain and leave it at the office?? This person has had my package now for 3 days..I don't think I will be getting it back. Thanks UPS

Here is an open letter to all the Rocket Scientist out there UPS is a discount shipper who has an over-all 98% on time delivery rate and they will try up to 3 times to deliver a package. Now when you order a package to your house when you know you won’t be home and expect the Driver to give it to a cretin person because you called an 800 number and requested it from some one on a phone who knows where who relays the message to some else who tells the drivers boss who tells the driver, who has to remember who to give it to and not mix it up with the other 150 packages a driver has to deliver and your mad because you have to talk to a neighbor to find your package.

YOU SUK

Ordered book from Amazon on Monday. UPS attempted delivery 5pm Friday (I work during business hours).

Had to wait until Monday for next delivery attempt since they don't deliver on weekends. Package delivered 4pm Monday and signed for by total stranger!!! They didn't even get their full name. Now I have to track down the apartment manager to see if anyone by that name lives in the building.

Best case scenario, I find them, knock on their door and get my book. Worst case scenario, parcel is stolen and I have to go through the claim process with UPS and Amazon.

UPS in Middletown Township, New Jersey - Scam

Scam: Got a call (1-876-299-1253) claiming to be from UPS telling me that I won 860,000 dollars in a lottery--that I never was in. However,in order to give me the check, I had to pay them 199 dollars for a stamp on the check. The guy called himself Jody McAlister--a character in a song. Called a lot of your people and could not get a number for security. Was told that the scam was listed on your internet--it isn't. Suggest that you provide a security number to prevent this kind of scam.

This is called a prank call you retard :x

This is called a prank phone call you retard :x

Careless UPS delivery promotes thievery

I thought that when you ordered anything of value from a big-name company, it would be sent signature-required. It is then that you receive the UPS sticker notice and can plan to be home for its delivery. That's the way it usually works for me. Well, this time, for a big-ticket, small-package item, the driver used his/her "discretion" and left the package AT THE FRONT DOOR without bothering to obtain a signature. By the time I got home the package had vanished. The drivers know that people walk through neighborhoods or follow their UPS trucks and steal packages. Then you call their RUDE customer service and they say you have to make the shipper start a trace, even when the UPS system says that the package was delivered and the driver just left it at the door. Careless UPS drivers promote thievery. I am pissed!
zimexlady

My boxes were opened and items stolen during the shipping process......never made it to the DOOR intact.Switched to FED EX GROUND.....all shipments received exactly as I shipped them AND at a more economical rate. GO FED EX GROUND!

The question I would ask is what do you consider a “big ticket item”? How much did it cost?

UPS drivers routinely driver release package to residential addresses and it is not at their discretion, but at company policy. There are guidelines in place that the driver must follow.

However, if your package was insured, and this is the key here, insured, the amount depends on whether or not the package can be driver released or if a signature must be obtained. A shipper can designate a signature for any package when they input the shipping and consignee information into their online system. When this option is selected, the barcode on the shipping label that the driver scans will not allow the driver to driver release the package.

Again, how much was your package insured for?? The driver has no way of knowing for sure unless it is insured for over $5000.00 dollars. If the label did not prompt him for a signature, he would driver release it in a safe place per the UPS policy and guidelines.

The driver is not careless, just doing his job.

Loss
UPS left my package in the rain and damaged some very expensive camera equipment and tried or still is blaming it on me for "Improper Packaging". This had nothing to do with improper packaging. They even admitted that it was all their fault but refuse to cover the...

Don't understand how your own *** dog chewing up your package is anybody's fault but your own...

View more comments
Loss

UPS in Los Angeles, California - Did not come on the scheduled delivery date!

My items were supoosed to be delivered today, but noooo one of their workers decided to goof around with item and will not deliver it to me. It's way past 7PM and I am already mad. I hate you UPS, get a worker who can work faster! Why? Why? Why?! I wanted these things right away and all I get is no items, get a better worker and please hurry it up, I don't like to wait another hour! I am already tired, and you took my cards away and threw it away so it doesn't get delivered!

*** it's 941 pm and I am still waiting for my package. It was suppose to arrive today.

The package consists of cookies from a relative.

:? Where R u?

Bro, the UPS man has a specific time to deliver ALL the items in the truck. If he passes that time he doesn't get paid & STILL has to deliver all the items he has in the truck.

Learn to speak English and then have rational expectations ***

Shut up ya ***' ***

Review

UPS delivered my homecoming dress to the wrong adress.

I ordered a dress for my homecoming. I had it shipped 2 day delivery. I paid $34.95 and the UPS *** driver delivered it to the wrong address. On line it says the package was left with the customer's boy. They left a package with a little boy. How irresponsible. MY name and my address were clear and correct. Now I don't have address for homecoming and no time to buy another dress.UPS sucks I'll never use their service again. Who do they hire? Anyone it seems because they can't read or they're to lazy and unconsiderate that they dont bother to verify the address. I'm surprised they dont just throw it out of the window wile their driving. They gave my package to god knows who. I'm so pissed off.

UPS and an Air Compressor

Hi all. Bought a Campbell Hausfeld air compressor from Amazon. The First arrived at my fathers house. About 15:00. I came over just after 17:00. The box had *** in the side. Once opened I found the Manual and Hardware was missing. And that the unit was dropped. The case around the Pump/Motor was cracked. Called Amazon and reported. They were kind enough to ship me another and to have UPS pick up the damaged unit. On 9/28/09 I called UPS to locate my replacement. They cant find it. Have an agent call from the local center. Who tells me that, Belive it or not, The Scans (Arrival and Departure) were "Computer Generated" Since when does a computer generate Scans? All packages going through UPS are Scanned at Arrival and Departure. The Replacement has been Lost. Was "Out for Delivery" on 9/25/09. On 9/28/09 the Tracking number shows no activity since 9/25/09. Called Amazon back. Who called UPS. The Agent cant figure out what happened or where it is. Now I am waiting on a "Lost package Tracer". Amazon wont send me another until 10/2/09 at the earliest. Now I have to wait another week.

UPS staff can't read

My urgent parcel was held at the Ottawa UPS station for four days, according to the tracking information, because of a supposedly incorrect address. After talking, via the phone, to a rather rude employee, I was forced to go to the Ottawa station to retrieve my URGENT parcel. I think it was intentionally planned that customers looking to pick up their undelivered parcels were subjugated to long lines and waits while one staff member tried to find the parcel. After waiting I finally got my parcel to realize that the address on the parcel was correct!!. I have been living in my house for over 10 years so there is no excuse in not being able to find the house. The location is easily found on the local Ottawa map, and a simple look-up in the phone book would have verified the address. Perhaps UPS should ask their employees to undergo simple intellectual tests to ensure that they are able to read. I find it hard to believe that UPS, with the current batch of brain-dead employees, is the largest courier company in North America.

UPS has poor customer service, even speaking with Customer Relations or their supers will get you absolutly nowhere except if you are a huge company thats ships alot. They over charged me for declared value insurance and when it came time to pay me thats when I was informed that "we have limits" but they never mention limits while paying them!!

Review

Ups is overbilling us for fake oversize boxes!

UNITED PARCEL HAS BEEN CHARGING US FOR OVERSIZE BOXES FEES! THIS IS VERY PERSISTANCE AND REALLY ANNOYING EVERYTIME WE CALL UPS IS TRYING TO BLAME US THAT WE INDEED SHIPPED SHIPPED A LARGE packge!! ALL I HEAR WE ARE GUILTY!! PLS SOMEBODY CONTAC US!UPS DOESN'T LISTEN TO THEIR CUSTOMERS! I HAVE PREVIOUS BILLS FROM TWO YEARS A GO WITH WORST PROBLEMS THAT THIS CURRENT ONE!! IT TAKES SO MUCH TIME AND FRUSTRATION TO TRY TO CONTACT THEM EVERYTIME WE CALL ALL WE HEAR FROM UPS OPERATORS THEY HAVE CALIBRATED SYSTEMS WHEN ALL OUR BOXES HAVE A STANDAR SIZE!!

We recently started shipping with UPS, to our surprise after two months we have discovered that almost 75% of our shipping has been overbilled as some adjustment when we enter the weight and size of the item we were shown one rate to only find later that we have sometimes been charged double of what was shown...UPS also denied our claim even after buying insurance what good is buying insurance if your going to deny it and give us no reason for the denial. I see their driver come to our door to deliver and half the time I can clearly see him walking over the boxes as his truck is overpacked with no care in the world, his job is only to deliver he doesn't care if it's all broken and damaged cause he only weighs around 200lbs and if you ship using UPS you better be sure your packages can handle a 200lb man walk all over it.

UPS Freight accepted a packed without my permission that I mailed through UPS Small Packages. Now I have a huge UPS Freight bill and no rep available to confirm why UPS Freight accepted it withough my permission. I will pay because it has now gone to collections and the $300 owing isn't worth my time for small claims court...If you are as frustrated as I am, there are shipping companies and brokerage companies in your city that communicate verbally and follow fair and logical business practices: Find them.

I switched to FED EX GROUND after UPS damaged three of nine boxes which were all insured and they refused to even consider reimbursement yet they charged me for the $300 insurance on one box. Just TRY to file a damage report on line.....you get a message "this package is not eligible for damage claim". My boxes were opened and rifled by their contract shippers.....ALL my underwear was stolen.

Let it be known that UPS has several revenue generating parts of their company and one of the largest revenue generating part is the 'fake' adjustments for oversized boxes.

I have on a regular basis for the past 10 years (2-3 times a month) call and complain about adjustments for oversize boxes. These people need the federal trade commission and IRS and weights and measures to come in and raid their facilities and do complete audits on them.

Yes, they say 'all are boxes are measured with lasers' and I say "please, use those lasers to make your new UPS headquarters" The place would fall down in a week.

When you call and complain they treat you like your trying to steal from them.

These people in the disputes department and collections department are hardened souls they have no feeling they are the 'best picture of UPS'

Please let it be known: Yes I have wasted over 200 hours on the phone with UPS complaining and trying to resolve these continuous overcharges for several years.

But, there is a 'bright spot' USE FEDEX GROUND SERVICE... I have never had an 'oversize billing adjustment' with FedEx I have never had to call and complain they are the bright spot. Best thing to do is 'screw' UPS close your account with them ... they are not the only players out there. SCREW U.P.S.

UPS in West Linn, Oregon - Lost, Lies and Google Earth

I had a laptop, and UPS said they dropped it at my house, then the driver said a woman came outside and got the laptop as he was leaving. No signature, and unfortunately noone was home as we had gone to Tacoma, yes we have reciept, and my husband was at work. So I call, open a claim, and wait, and wait and wait. Then after recieving no response for 2 months, I call UPS back, and they say, yes they did the trace, and then closed the claim, because I was not the shipper. I said why did I not recieve any notification, as I had opened the claim, and they said I wasn't the shipper, and I needed to contact the shipper to get them to open a claim. I said No problem, so I called the shipper, and asked them to do so. They said they would do it immediately. I was very happy. Later that day, I recieved a call from Cheryl in the Tualatin shipping office, and I was told, that they have special GPS, which notifies them where the truck is and it was at my house, and I was in a cul-de-sac and she asked how many houses were in the cul-de-sac. I said 5, and she said " You are the middle house, correct? I said yes I was. She then told me that the driver had dropped of the package at my house, and someone had taken the package from him." Yes, that is a 3rd story. I said really as we were out of town, and I had reciepts and Bank statements from the trip. She then told me how there was a large trailer, or RV in front of my house and my truck. I got really suspicious at this point, because we don't own a trailer or an RV. So I said, did your driver deliver it to the house with the trailer/RV as 2 of my neighbors have trailers/5th wheels. She said no we had one, and it was in front of my house, and I was the middle house. She then told me, I had to contact the police, file a report and call with a file number. I said ok. She said and I am quoting "Until you file a police report, we are not doing anything. And we are not going to move ahead with processing this claim". Then she hung up. I was upset with the entire snideness and the backhanded way she was callling me a liar. I then called the local police, and was told they would have an officer call me. I said ok. While I was waiting, I was telling my husband about the rudeness and almost outright insinuation. I was describing the house as she did and my son, who is 16 said, she didn't get that from GPS, she got it from Google Earth. I said how do you know and he said he downloaded it for the flight simulator and then looked at our house and the picture is from 3 years ago, when we did own a truck and an RV. I could not believe it, and so he showed me, and he was right, there was our house exactly as Cheryl had described. I was so mad, so after the officer called, I called Cheryl back and gave her the file number, and then I told her, I found her insinuations totally rude, and her outright lies to be very,very unacceptable. I asked to talk to her supervisor, and she said I will forward the file number on. And she hung up on me. I don't know what the resolution will be for my missing laptop, but I personally will never ship with UPS again.

I have finally had enough of the extremely poor service at UPS. They have lost the last package on me.

It was a gift for my mom's 85th birthday. I couldn't make it home for her birthday this year and made the *** mistake of trusting these jack *** with her gift. Not only did they lose it, they can't even find the tracking number attached to it. By the way, it was sent express.

Thank you UPS for again NOT comming through. It is now my purpose to make sure my company and anyone I know will no longer use these arrogant idiots.

Maybe if enough consumers stopped using them out of convience and started using other companies like Purolator, these guys might learn the meaning of customer service.

Thanks again UPS for a terrible job and customer servive that don't care and for your complaints department, which you can't ever get ahold of. I guess they're too bust fielding complaints and feeding their customers a line of bull.

I had a lady from my local office hang up on myself today as well. I thought their hours for delivery was between 8:30 and 5pm, but apparently they decided to deliver my package today at around 8am, which I was not awake for.

I woke up at 8:20, and noticed a note from them on my door. Two weeks ago, my neighbors watched as the UPS man did not even knock on my door before leaving a note and pulling off.

I'm sick of this company, and how they treat the people that pay for their service! I'm using fedex from now on, that much is for sure!

zimexlady

UPS does not honor ANY insurance you pay for nor do they pay on their $100 "automatic minimum" insurance. SIMPLY, UPS is not an honorable nor honest company,.

your boxes will be opened enroute and rifled of heirlooms, etc.

and you will get NO sympathy nor money for your loss. Use FED EX ground and your boxes will arrives just as you shipped them, unopened and intact.

UPS has poor customer service, even speaking with Customer Relations or their supers will get you absolutly nowhere because they hand up on customers like its a good buisness practice, except if you are a huge company thats ships alot then you get respect. They over charged me for declared value insurance and when it came time to pay me thats when I was informed that "we have limits" but they never mention limits while paying them!! I am out of my package and shipping with no refund insight!