Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS got wrong address, sat on package

UPS manager(by the way if you ask to speak to one, be prepared for a lonnnng hold) says that if they have the wrong address, they will just sit on a package until AFTER 5 business days of that realization and then return to sender. Why not let Eyemasters know the package was undeliverable? Not even the right city. Not their problem apparently. I can't authorize returning the package sooner either. Plus, I have to be the one to call Eyemasters and then have Eyemasters contact UPS. I don't work for UPS!!! Terrible customer service by UPS.

Someone tell me the truth: does UPS contract out the ground shipments? I was told by their staff "We need to identify the contract shipper and find out what happened".

I believe this is why such damages occur and why boxes are opened and items stolen.

My neighbor had heirlooms stolen from her UPS shipments. NO RECOURSE.

Well you are both right..a little.. :)...and in reality..UPS does not really loose money when they send a pkg back due to a bad address...they do charge the shipper a return to shipper fee.

The UPS manager got it partly right, but not sure if you talked to a real management employee or not as they should all know how the system operates.

When UPS has a package that cannot be delivered due to a bad or incorrect address, they do hold the package for five (5) business days. A lot of things happen during that period to try to find the correct address.

UPS employs a number of clerks whose job is to deal with the issues that come up with packages such as these. They will send a post card to the address on the label through the US mail system. The outcome that they are looking for is, let’s say someone has moved, the USPS routinely forwards mail to the customers new address. The post card contains the package tracking number and the number to the local office to call with information. They will also contact the shipper to ask them to help locate the correct address. They also use several methods of skip tracing to find the customer. These clerks can spend several hours during that five (5) day period trying to locate the customer. The package just does not go to the local UPS office and sit. After the five (5) day period, if no resolution has been found, the package is returned to the shipper. This is a contractual agreement made when the shipper signs up with UPS.

You would be amazed at how many packages enter into the UPS system with bad addresses on them. UPS is not at fault as they do not enter any of the shipping information, the shipper does it. Overall, UPS does a good job of locating people who have moved or the package has an incomplete address on it. Think about this, UPS does not want to ship the package back to the shipper as they lose money on it. They are only paid to deliver the package, not to return it. In fact, due to handling costs and such, they are losing money when they have to return a package.

View more comments (2)

Ups

I waited for a package via UPS, no one ever came, and on their tracking website, it's said"THE RECEIVER WAS UNAVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 1ST DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE", UPS=Liar, I was here at home, waiting for my *** package. I called the 1800 UPS #, they had no ideas, and only offer me a second attempt or pick it up by myself. I paid for the shipping, and now I have to pick it up myself ? The truth is they are lazy and don't bother to deliver the package. Ups is the worst !

Im so sorry your package was not delivered..hehe..well I do have one suggestion..do not call the 1-800 number when you have an issue with a delivery...these people are sitting in a call center and they dont even work for UPS directly...the UPS drivers are UNION and filing a complaint will just make the driver mad and you will never get a pkg again..it will not get the driver fired..get real.

Review

UPS in Charleston, West Virginia - Package shipped on 10/22 and scheduled for delivery 10/23. This is 10/27 still not there. Said

Package was scheduled for delivery on the 23rd of October. The address is all I had. No suite number was indicated but all other mail has gotten to them, also phone. matter of urgency (MRI's contained)for surgery. Being held in pittsburgh for delivery. I called and they said I would have to send apostcard with the suite number they would not take it. It will remain in Pittsburgh until they get a postcard, and for this I paid 20.00. Do not complain about your postage stamps, in comparison they are cheap and they do deliver. thanks a million ups will know now to walk it to the next state!
Review

UPS can't take my boxes, promises a different pick up, doesn't show.

We're a company that has been dealing with UPS for over 15 years. We have scheduled pick everyday, which originally was 5pm. Somehow they decided to change the time to 3pm without any say. Which is okay, we just have to get into the office sooner and pack things faster. But recently we've been getting missing service on some days. How is a company that relies on shipping to customers supposed to function, when on some days they don't even show and we don't even know about it until the end of the day? Yesterday was the biggest dissapointment that UPS has ever left us with. We rushed to pack out a huge order of 21+ boxes, left them outside of the warehouse so UPS could pick it up easier... and they tell us that they don't have enough room in the car and will have to pick it up a little later at 3pm. So we wait until 6pm, and they still didn't show. So I called and complained to UPS; and after holding and being transfered for over 30+ minutes, they tell me that they sent a message to our UPS provider and that they will give us a call within in hour. It was nearing 7pm so we had almost given up hope, but they finally called, and told us that they will come to pick it up at 8pm-8:30pm. I don't even understand how UPS would expect us to stay open that late, but we stayed because these packages had to be shipped that day, and what do you know, it passed 9pm and they still didn't show. So what did I have to do? Lift 21+ boxes and put them all back inside at 9pm. Thats what i get for trying to help out UPS drivers a bit so they don't have to lift those boxes out of the store alone. Thanks UPS. I wish i could switch companies, but what do you know, there are no other carriers in our area. So i'm dealing with your ***.
Review

UPS fails to deliver on time and lies about it, again

so, once again, UPS says i missed a delivery. i sat at home all day waiting, they never even stopped by. obviously they do this all the time. whats the point in paying overnight shipping if UPS is ALWAYS going to drop the ball. this has to be the 5th time this has happened they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck. they suck.

well then STOP ordering stuff...funny i never have a problem..because I dont rely on people for anything..if I need it ill go buy it. :)

UPS in Calgary, Alberta - Not impressed

Actually i am a little upset with ups right now... I called yesturday to see if my package could be delivered to my work address they told me i could not change for that day but if i called before 7pm i could change the address for the next day, I called between 4pm-5pm last night to change the delivery address .... and today i still have not recieved it so i called and they stated the address change did not go through.. i am very upset cause i needed my package for an open house today..now i am not sure if i will use them again

UPS in London, England - Delivery to a Neighbour we do not know

I found today a UPS info notice saying that my parcels are in my garage. I phoned to UPS to complain because the driver decided to open my garage to leave the parcels there (Intrusion). So I discovered that he actually left my parcel to a neighbour and that has been the neighbour to decide to open my garage; the driver agreed because he wrote the UPS infonotice. I complained that this is madness and they replied that this is standard policy!!! So if you are not at home they leave your stuff with somebody they do not know. When I asked to have the name of the driver and of the neighbour, I have been told that they cannot release these information.

Ebay/UPS Drivers involved with schemes

EBAY/UPS coordinated scam. I lost $17, 000 and my credit rating damaged over this fraud. Thief either purchases from inside Ebay employee a dormant member ID. The member usually has not bought or sold for a year, has 100% Positive feedback and is not monitoring their account, or maybe are dead. That is why I believe a Ebay employee is involved. The Thief contacts you (the seller) and is interested in your gold watch. You see 194-Positive Feedbacks and consider it is real. The thief claims they no longer use PayPal and suggest COD. You are not *** enough to mail a $17, 000 item COD, unless the funds are 100%protected. You contact UPS and are convinced they are able to Guarantee that their driver will only accept US Postal Money Orders if you ask. You understand USPMO are like cash so agree to ship the watch. The buyer normally offers a price close to your asking price and mine said he would add $250 shipping credit. UPS charged me $329.90, all but $91 going for insurance, explaining the insurance protected me. The UPS clerk Guarantees me the driver instructions will exclude Cashier's Checks and Money Orders, COD=$16, 750 GUARANTEED. I ship the watch, being told the most I can lose is shipping if the buyer cannot produce the US Postal Money Orders. Tracking indicates the watch has been received and paid for so the thief calls me, tells me the watch is great and that he has left me a positive feedback; could I leave him one?Knowing my funds are secure I leave a feedback and start getting calls from Ebay members, indicating he wants to purchase their watch. I am confused, but believed my funds are secure. 13-days later I receive a child-like fake Cashier's Check, and are notified several other members lost their gold watches to the same guy, same address, same style check. The UPS driver accepted horribly poor checks from a man standing in front of a residence (not his) in a snow storm, for $56, 000. I strongly contend the driver was involved in the scam. UPS will pay nothing, saying the US Postal Money Order "thing" cannot be proved by me, and the Cashier's check, with no Water-marks, Black-line, State of Origin or even Check Number, passed their Facial Validity. Ebay can no longer be trusted and UPS is running Driver Scams. So I pay thousands to a attorney, Ebay is moot and UPS is now working with high-end fraud schemes

well i was scammed and the driver accepted a cashers check that was ripped in half and taped also had processing numbers on front and back. when the check is cashed they run it thru a device that prints a bunch of nubers on the check.it had water marks on it also were it was wet at one time. this was so obviously a bad check so im 99% sure the driver was in on this one.call it what u want.

it must have been the same guy that got me in 2006 on my vintage rolex 18k president diamond band and face. ups did nothing to help me.

and neither did the 250ndollars i spent on the insurance from ups. i lost alot of sleep over this.

Same thing happened to me, I shipped out Solid Gold Rolex in mint condition for 20K. Did you ever resolve the issue?

just a further point. Worst snow in 2 decades in Jersey city and UPS still delivered your package on time ;)

Are you writing a movie script? This guy has Ebay,UPS and the Police department all in on this scam.

Get back to the real world.

The logistics of this sort of scam would need a far greater reward before it would even be considered. You have been scammed by a dodgy guy on Ebay, sorry but thats the start and end of the story.

I would never have shipped my watch unless I was totally convinced by the UPS Representative that UPS would olny accept US Postal Money Orders, it was clear. I have been buying and selling on Ebay for 10-years, a person that would ship a $17,000 item, without being convinced that 1.

US Postal Money Orders were fullproof, and the driver would accept nothing else 2. And my receipt stated explicitly COD=$16,750 GUARANTEED. I was assured that Guaranteed meant my "payment" was guaranteed, not that the thief was Guaranteed that he would get my watch.

It is also too much of a coincidence the same driver delivered $56,000 worth of items to a man, standing in front of the same residence because he did not live there? Do UPS drivers often deliver large purchase items on multiple occassions to people standing in the snow?

Then thenthe driver reports it! That exonerates him, right. UPS lied to me on the front end and I strongly feel the driver was getting his money. They did in excess of $100,000in 2-locations worth of ONLY high-end watches.

Jim, you are obviouly a UPS guy, same old story, same old UPS logic. I lost $17,000, but I will spend my spare time making other potential UPS customers aware, you could lose business.

It wasn't Ebay that allowed the fraud to be perpetuated, the perp knew EXACTLY how UPS works internally, the fact they have no US Postal Money Order driver instructions is a sign. There will always be thieves, they understand the UPS rules and also that UPS NEVER pays any claim (even lost items in most cases), so they are good to go.Tell them (UPS) you tried Jim, but logic and truth are hard to skew.

Ron, UPS is not in collusion with EBAY and I am sure EBAY is not in collusion with the consignee (the person who you addressed your package to) on this and for you to say that is slanderous. It is possible that the driver might be in collusion, but that also is doubtful since he or she has no influence on who is placing the order or where the order is to be delivered.

As for UPS only excepting a USPS money order, they do not do that. They can authorize the driver to accept only certified funds which includes money orders (from any source, not just the USPS), cashier’s checks and bank checks. The driver cannot accept cash, though they could at one time. If the driver had accepted a personal or business check from the consignee, then the driver would have been held liable.

The insurance coverage is for damage or loss to the contents of the package, not protection from fraud. The driver delivered your package, and since the consignee reported no damage to you, UPS has upheld its part of the bargain with regards to the insurance coverage.

The ways for the criminal mind to deceive us is unlimited with today’s technology. They can fake cashier’s checks, money orders (to include the USPS), personal and business checks and even money. I do not have the luxury to examine your “cashier’s checks” I cannot say whether the driver could have or should have been able to determine that they were fake.

You have been taken by the criminal mind. You should have used PayPal as they guarantee payment and are less susceptible to fraud.

By associating both UPS and EBAY with the criminal that took your watch, and implying that they were in a conspiracy together is wrong and could get you into legal trouble with them.

My driver delivered $56,000 worth of Rolex and Breitling watches to a man, standing in front of a building. The worst snow in Jersey City history (2-decades), and the UPS driver is accepting checks on a level just higher than Monopoly Money.

Of course, after 3-deals, he reports "suspicious activity" to the police, who hail him as a hero. Do you think he "might have been working with the thieves?" As soon as he claims "there could be a problem," he is no longer a suspect.

On further inspection, several police officers probably were also involved, considering how strongly they exonerated the driver. Messy business UPS.

UPS stated that they would only accept US Postal Money Orders, as they are the same as cash. That would be 16-$1000 and 1-$750.

They lied to me and accepted a worthless Cashier's Check! After 10-years on Ebay would I take a Money Order, Duh?????

UPS lied to me, plus I paid $239 insurance, that they said covered me. I am not brain dead.

You're the *** for accepting a Money Order. :cry Boohoo on you.

View more comments (9)
Review
Tracking Number 1ZY766V13995017811 I am very dissatisfied with UPS., I pay to the sender for delivery the package in three days. The package was picked up from Florida on time October 5th. Assumes that the package will be arrive at my house on Thursday 8th. October....
#422070

Same thing happened to me. I paid $285 for 8Lb small package to be delivered next day.

It was delivered two days latter. I lost a buch of money because of this delay and the UPS customer relations person was not helpful at all.

The same package shipped via USPS express mail did cost only $79 and it was delivered next day by noon. Never more UPS.

Loss

UPS damaged my consignment

UPS damaged my consignment beyond repair, I didn't take out insurance, although because they failed to take care of the consignment, they are liable for damages. This is UPS UK, and we are protected by a lot of Acts of Parliament, The consignment has been checked again and this had been passed onto claims. I have given them 14 days notice, and if they fail to reply within the 14 days, this will be passed onto Trading Standards. I have put a claim in for damages, will I be successful? I am prepared to take this to court as well.

So, just to make sure I'm understanding this: In England, you can file an insurance claim on an item that you hadn't previously purchased insurance for? That is really something! Good luck with that LOL!

Loss