Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS can't figure out how to deliver a package

I have neve rhad any problems with UPS in the US. Canadian UPS workers are incompetant however. Every time I shipe to Canada via UPS, there is some problem with them 'not finding' the address given. Come on, if I ship something to a town of 4000, how hard is it to find an address? Once, the person I delivered the package to had to pay a second fee to receive it because they could not find the first address, so I gave them a second address and they were charged because it wasn't the 'origional' receiver, even though it was UPS's incompentency. Recently, the shipment is 2+ weeks late and they cannot give me a date for redelivery even though it is their fault. They were trying to deliver a package marked for Victoria, BC to Vancouver!! Come on, can no one read at the Canadian UPS? The incompentance and laziness of Canadian UPS workers astounds me every time I have to deal with them.

For the last six months I have had nothing but problems with UPS. They cannot seem to deliver in a timely fashion. The workers seem to have a reading problem. A package that left Memphis, TN last Monday, December 28, 2009 has yet to reach Charleston, SC on Sunday, January 3, 2010. It was listed for delivery on December 31, but now they have changed the date to Monday, January 4. There seems to be a problem as the package has arrived to the same location in West Columbia, SC several times. See for yourself.

Status: In Transit

12/30/2009 20:15:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US

12/30/2009 12:59:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] KNOXVILLE, TN, US

12/30/2009 08:34:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] KNOXVILLE, TN, US

12/30/2009 03:38:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] NASHVILLE, TN, US

When I called Customer Service I was told that it was the fault of the shipper. This is a typical UPS excuse; it is always the fault of someone else. Charleston is about 2 hours from West Columbia. The package departed West Columbia 11:34 P.M. on December 30; it arrived at the same location at 6:36 A.M. the next morning. Where was the package for 7 hours?

There is some good news; my friends in Russia tell me that UPS is even worse there than in the USA. They tell me that the Russian Postal Service is better than UPS; I can now say the same for the US Postal Service.

It sounds as though Bill works for UPS. They have an excuse for everything.

Perhaps UPS can invest in a GPS. Perhaps the drivers can ask someone else. Gee Bill, what is your excuse for the package that is 2+ weeks late?

What is your excuse for the package that was delivered to Vancouver instead of Victoria?

Unhappywithyou should use FedEx or USPS. I have had far fewer issues with the latter two than I have had with UPS.

Well you just answered your own question my friend. A driver delivering to a completely new area has nothing to do with being lazy or incompetent.

I think you would also have a difficult time trying to find about 100 or so streets you have never heard of. The driver was probably just trying to make it through his day.

It just so happens you have to pay the price for it. Sounds like you just needed to vent a little my friend.

it was marked. The problem is that the delivery driver was not local and did not know the town in which he had his area.

A town of 4,000 huh? Sounds like one of those towns in which people don't put house numbers on the mailboxes down those rural side roads. Did you ask the receiver if someone would be able to find his or her home?

View more comments (4)
Review

UPS in Saint Louis, Missouri - Sent somewhere with no address??

I sent a $900 fixture plus $166 for shipping and some with no address by a compltly different name signed for it. So I am out $1100 well $300 deducted from my paypal account a $600 in collections. It was a long drawn out process. Like 6 months before they complained about not getting it then a few more months went by... now UPS says its too late for them to worry about it? WTF? I am still worried about it! Anyone have any ideas on what I could do? I sent it to a Cindy Ispen but Lomedico? signed for it at a dock. The address is some bike shop and they never heard of either one supposably.

i sold it to them... and never heard anything so I assumed they got it.

Accually I am sure they got it since they waited 6 months to say something. They did pay and I got the money untill paypal deducted it back out of my account.

You paid to have your package sent so you should have tracked it. As soon as you saw that the wrong person signed you should have done something right then!

It is your fault you sat around for six months and did nothing. The receiver should have worked with you on this one also.

They didn't pay so it was no loss for them to worry about. I would be asking for some money if I were you

Review
I called UPS customer service on Dec 21st and was told my complaint would be investigated and I would be contacted with the results. On Dec. 29th, I called them back and was told that they closed out the investigation. I was never notified. The driver claims the...

UPS driver did not even try to deliver my parcel, he lied and said that the weather conditions were too severe (on a cold but beautiful sunny day). The tracking stated that it was scanned in back at the depot but nobody saw it and it was never seen again.

Clearly it has been stolen.

probably peeled off the label & scanned it in to look like it was returned.

Ups customer service garbage

I ordered some golf equipment from the USA as i am based in Australia & organized shipping through UPS priority delivery. As they have been closed over Christmas (Understandable) i followed up the progress of this package today 29-12-2009 only to be told it was still with customs. When questioning this with the customer service team, the tone was very rude, abrupt & lacking customer service in all aspects. As this has happened before with this shipping company i decided to call Australian Customs & ask what the delay was, surprise surprise the package had not been held at all. Upon calling UPS back to let them know the great news i was again met with abrupt, rude & disgusting attitude from a company i paid to deliver my goods. Once again they have managed to prove the bigger the corporation the bigger the arrogance & attitude towards people who challenge there processes

The Aussie golfer is not wrong about Ups's so called customer service. UPS seems to think that customer service means that the customer serves THEM.

They lost my package while shipping to Canada from the US. When I contacted them online to inquire where my package was, their response was to tell me that I had to contact the original shipper and ask THEM to contact UPS to initiate an investigation.

This means a long distance call on MY dime. It also makes me wonder how many additional hoops UPS would like others to jump through to try to rectify THEIR incompetence.Their own tracking info says that THEY had the package on a certain time and date and at a specific location. Obviously, the investigation should begin THERE.

I order lots of stuff online, and usually ship it USPS and Canada Post. I have never had a problem with them.

I will NEVER ship UPS again.

Online merchants: If you ship UPS, then you're SOL trying to sell to me. Dump those incompetent hacks before they mistreat your customers.

There is no service called UPS Priority. Are you perhaps confused with USPS Priority Mail International? Because that's the postal service.

Also, just because a package is not "held up" in customs does not mean it doesn't have to pass through customs.

UPS in Phoenix, Arizona - Destroyed shipment

December 2009 My mother passed away on December 14, 2009. While I was in town for her funeral, I decided I'd ship a set of 100 yr old glasses home so they wouldn't be damaged. In my grief, I guess I wasn't thinking straight, because now it seems a *** idea. I took this wine set to a UPS pack and ship authorized dealer. They professionally packed the items and shipped them to my home (even stamped the box fragile). The box was damaged beyond belief. It arrived at my UPS hub damaged, so it was not delivered to me, rather shipped back to where I shipped it from. Thank goodness my sister lives there and could pick it up. The box was damaged beyond belief and almost a pancake, no amount of bubble wrap would have protected this shipment. I insured these glasses for 500.00, of course since they are over 100 yrs old, I did not have a receipt for them. My claim has been denied. Why do we pay extra for insurance? This is a racket for UPS to get more money. As far as I'm concerned, I will use FED-X or USPS. Think twice before you ship something UPS that might be fragile, also make sure you have a receipt for the items proving value.

I work for UPS and if a package is packed by a UPS Store and you have a receipt stating that they packed the item the claim is usually paid. Also, claims are handled by a third party company- so it's not a racket.

Go to ups.com and send an email or write a letter to UPS Corporate- this will generate a corporate concern and you will have a very good chance of getting the claim paid. Sorry for the broken package.

You don't need a receipt for the broken items. You should try going onto replacements.

com. They will accept an online replacement estimate, it doesn't have to be an actual receipt. Of course, this only helps if the items were packed properly.

If it was a UPS Store that you went to, their packaging is guaranteed. A "UPS pack and ship authorized dealer" may not have those same guarantees.

Loss
UPS driver got truck stuck in my driveway on his way out after delivering a package. He claimed he had no room to turn around, but I was home and the keys were in both vehicles that might have been in his way. The truck was pointed downhill and too close to a tree to...

And to clarify: The events as I describe them have never been in question. My complaint was with the smiling but insubstantive response from their customer service levels.

They have admitted since my first phone call to them that their employee cut my tree, and also that he shouldn't have! They just don't want to do anything about it, even though my request was quite simple and would have cost them nothing.

Review
Apparently drivers are permitted to just drop packages anywhere. We live at the end of a long lane and in the winter it gets icy. I have no problem with the driver not wanting to come down the lane where he might get stuck, but he just leaves packages along the road...

I totally agree & have been experiencing the same thing since our previous driver retired.

UPS DIDNT WAIT FOR 2 SECONDS FOR DOOR TO BE ANSWERED

This is my first and last experience with ups. The delivery person couldnt wait for 2seconds for me to get to the door. I had to come down stairs to open the door I saw him from my bed room window. which is only a 2second run. He left that quick. I have a talking reef on my door that is heard all over the neighborhood I heard it talking so I couldnt miss him. I immediately called UPS. Whom than informed me they could have me meet him somewhere on his route. I PAID FOR DELIVERY I havent gotten!

Don't they go bad anyway? They are flowers, that's what they do. It's the thought that counts....Quit being so materialistic!!

My husband sent me flowers from Afghanistan. The driver didn't knock on the door or ring the doorbell. Thank God my puppies had to go potty or they would have sat there all night and ruined.

a driver physically handling hundreds of stops a day isn't the problem, it's the people like you! If a driver has 150 stops a day and goes above and beyond (calls the customer or waits 30-60 seconds to come to the door) that is an extra 1 minute per stop resulting in an extra 150 minute day.

that is 2.5 hours over an already ten hour planned day, which puts the driver at 12.5 hours. DOT has a regulation against working over 12 hour days.

The driver would violating this rule....While I am not providing an excuse for bad service or lazy employees(every business has their share of rude employees) You should be careful what you wish for because it is people like you all that complain about drivers not taking the time to do these things and then post about why it took so long for your package to show up. Drivers are trained to have a polite sense of urgency

dont use ups!!! horrible customer relations. p.s., if you cant handle several hundred deliveries a day, dont take on the resposibility.

The UPS drivers have several hundred stops per day and they just don't have the time to wait for you to answer the door. It is in the drivers best interest to deliver your package. He really doesn't want to come back the next day to attempt another delivery- this just means more work for the next day

UPS has calculated the max that could be performed by the human body for each paid hour. That is what they demand.

The driver had no time to wait. When I worked there employees sat unpaid until there were enough packages to sort at the maximum rate. There were no Black supervisors and only two Black managers, even though they recruited at the university.

This is a corporate business. Self-serving greed.

i live around a ups terminal. and they drive like they deliver 100mph!

2 seconds? Really?

I'm guessing it was longer than that.

The driver probably had a couple of hundred stops to make that day. You can't expect him to wait around for you to answer the door if it means others may not get their deliveries on time.

What the *** is a talking reef?

hasn't waited for you to answer the door in 30+ years. Once upon a time they used to. At least they didn't throw the package in the mud next to the door.

View more comments (8)
Review
UPS tried to deliver a package on 12-21-09 DURING the day, when everyone was at work. They left a card saying they'd try again the next day (again, when everyone is AT WORK). They tried one more time during the work day, and instead of sending the package to a...

First of all why are you complaining about not getting a package because you are at work? You know it's coming why give your home address drivers have so many packages on their trucks how would you like to have your doorbell ring at 2am because UPS is bowing down to you. Think about it people if you work then give the shipper your work address drivers work 7am-7pm

Review

UPS in Keystone Heights, Florida - Driver threw package on front steps on its side

The package clearly stated this end up-I heard it hit my steps and landed on its side.he never knocked or rang my bell. It contained flowers that were very dried out by this time.The box looked like it was knocked about in the truck.My son would be very angry to hear about this.It was delivered on Dec 21st at about 5;45 P.M. Maybe the driver was stressed= but he gets paid to deliver packages in better shape than that one was. I live in a rural area but that is no excuse. Thanks

do you think they give a *** if it says fragile,or explosive?i seen ups kick boxes off truck,when he couldnt carry all at a time.its the american way!

There is no "this end up" in shipping. Someone may write it on there, but it doesn't change how it is handled.

Conveyer belts can't read.

This is true of any carrier.(Fedex, USPS, DHL etc.)

And what does the flowers being dried out have to do with UPS? Sounds like the company or person that sent them should have packed them better and sent them faster.