Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Boycott UPS! Not worth it!

For years I have received less than half of my packages without having to spend hours dealing with UPS and begging them to make deliveries, which were already paid for. I too have checked tracking to find that "a delivery attempt was made" when it clearly was not. Once when this happened twice in a row, I waited and listened for the truck on the third day. When I heard a truck I thought could be UPS I ran outside, just in time to see the UPS truck drive away. I was then told my package was delivered. Then I was told it was not. When I do get my packages, they are usually late and the drivers are often rude and sarcastic. They get hostile if they have to wait more than .006 seconds for you to come to the door, if they wait at all. Usually I just hear someone yell something that sounds like "UPS." Then I hear a loud THUMP as my box is dropped/thrown against the building. They have even placed a large box in the corner of our security door, so the door was jammed and I could not get out. I had to call someone to pull the box out of the doorway so I could get out. I recently spent 6 hours trying to locate a package. I did get a manager who was very helpful. However, I have yet to receive my package. The day is not over though, and I am hopeful that he will take care of this for me. If not, we will start this again tomorrow. Here is the info. for the UPS corporate office: CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS* 55 Glenlake Parkway NE Atlanta, Georgia 30328 United States Phone: 404-828-6000 Fax: 404-828-7666 The president is Daniel J. Brutto I recently told a company that if they are going to ship via UPS, I will never order from them again. It is just not worth the hassle you have to go through. Anyhow, using credit cards is so last decade. Let's all take back out time and our money and use cash in the stores!
Review
I ordered a safety device online and when it arrived via UPS, not only was the package opened and poorly resealed, the pak the contents were in had been opened then placed on top of the protection wrapping instead of below/inside it. When I called to complain - the...

UPS has been doing the same to my packages and it only happens when I order vitamins. I was told by a friend that worked at UPS that the UPS people believe it's prescription drugs that they'd like to steal. (They are notorious for going through packages and just stealing items.)

View more comments
Review

UPS is the worst there is bar none

SO i have been a loyal UPS customer for the past 14 years. Recently i was assigned yet another Account executive. The only important thing to her is protecting her own a@#. I have had numerous problems with her from calling me a liar when I complain about missed pick ups, as well as denial of insurance claims that are positively ridiculous. I have it from a reliable source that UPS will almost ALWAYS deny a claim at first, and hope the customer accepts that determination and goes away. Almost like their corporate motto is "The customer is always wrong" their normal C/S 800# is worthless, they hire uneducated personnel that can barley read from the script in front of them. Isn't customer service the front line for any business?? Shouldn't C.S representatives be able to read and at least have a thought process of their own? UPS is the worst for customer service I have almost ever seen (other than the idiots at American Express)
#102020

ups drivers suk, they double park and just drop off the note so they can take it back and bring next day. this cause many dollars made for them in over time!

they ring and run.

then go sit at park for 2 hours. I hate them so much!

Loss

UPS in Columbia, South Carolina - Told me they would deliver and did not

I received an infonotice and was tole I would receive delivery on 1/6/10. I called to verify and was told again that I would receive my package by 7 pm. And now those people may send my package back to sender and then you will understand what pissed means. You at UPS continue to flaunt your service and I will do my best to show that you do not live up to your claims. I am not happy with a company that does not live up to their claims and will let all my suppliers know that I want another carrier to handle any future shipments to this address

UPS in Medfield, Massachusetts - Pissed off customer

UPS is not reliable. I was suppose to receive a package on Monday 1/4/10. When I checked the status, it said it will not be delivered because of a malfuntion. Tuesday 1/5/10 it was not delivered because it was missing the apartment #. I just spoke to them the day before. I had someone there for 2 days waiting for this package that never arrived. The woman I spoke with on Tuesday told me it will be delivered Wednesday evening...guess what...they attempted delivery mid afternoon and of course I had no one there. I am picking up the package. It is the only way to make sure I get it because counting on UPS, it will never arrive.

I forgot the apartment number. The UPS guy arrived with the product, I was there but he refused to give it to me.

Everithing was correct: Name, address, phone number but no apartment number. He told me there was nothing I could do. He was returning it to the sender. That, I believe, is IDIOCY on UPS.

That is BAD SERVICE. I will try to avoid UPS whenever possible.

That will never go through, it's a joke!!! UPS charges for next day packages and 2 day packages.

It does not matter what the name of the service is. People are still paying for priority mail. Whether it is shipped by truck or plane, These packages receive rushed and guaranteed shipment over other ground packages. The article states customers are being charged for jet fuel....well, it's not just jet fuel, trucks use fuel also!

People are always trying to get their free lunch these days.

There is no such thing! I am going sue McDonalds tomorrow for naming the "big mack" after your mom.

U SHOULD NOT BE PISSED OFF AT UPS, IF YOUR APARTMENT NUMBER WAS NOT ON THE BOX MAYBE YOUR NAME SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED UP ON UR DOOR WITH YOUR APARTMENT NUMBER AND I WORK AT UPS SO I WOULD KNOW OUR DRIVERS LOOK ON MAIL BOXES SO CHECK WITH YOUR APARTMENT HOUSING AND MAKE SURE YOUR NAME IS ON YOUR APT OTHER WISE THEIRS NOT MUCH WE COULD DO, GOSH I HATE WHEN ANGRY PEOPLE TALK *** MEANWHILE ITS THEIR OWN MISTAKE..

they threw my package that said fragile, this side up over the fence

No apartment number = No delivery, no UPS fault. Checking your tracking number after does no good, that defeats the purpose. Look day before expected or morning of, will say "out for delivery"

If you are expecting a package perhaps you should realize that it's coming and maybe be there? Perhaps?

So the person who sent it to you forgot to put your apartment number on it, then you weren't home to accept the delivery...what are you pissed off about again?

View more comments (6)
Review

UPS is awful, driver just threw a package!!

Today is Jan 4, and I've been waiting since Dec 22 for a 3-day select package delivery from UPS. It is now 7:30 pm and the UPS driver just pulled up in front of my house, did not exit his truck, and THREW the package over my unlocked fence. He made no attempt to bring the package to my porch, much less my door! He then pulled away as I opened my front door. There is no customer care center to call after 5 pm, or any way to lodge a complaint online. Well, I will find a way to speak with somebody, you may rest assured. Think twice before using UPS.
Review

Pony Express is faster than UPS.

For the last six months I have had nothing but problems with UPS. They cannot seem to deliver in a timely fashion. The workers seem to have a reading problem. A package that left Memphis, TN last Monday, December 28, 2009 has yet to reach Charleston, SC on Sunday, January 3, 2010. It was listed for delivery on December 31, but now they have changed the date to Monday, January 4. There seems to be a problem as the package has arrived to the same location in West Columbia, SC several times. See for yourself. Status: In Transit Rescheduled Delivery Date: 01/04/2010 Shipped To: CHARLESTON, SC, US Shipped/Billed On: 12/28/2009 Type: Package Service: GROUND Weight: 31.00 Lbs 12/31/2009 13:15:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US 12/31/2009 13:10:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US 12/31/2009 06:36:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US 12/30/2009 23:34:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US 12/30/2009 20:51:00 LOCATION SCAN[I] WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US 12/30/2009 20:15:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US 12/30/2009 12:59:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] KNOXVILLE, TN, US 12/30/2009 08:34:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] KNOXVILLE, TN, US 12/30/2009 03:38:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] NASHVILLE, TN, US When I called Customer Service I was told that it was the fault of the shipper. This is a typical UPS excuse; it is always the fault of someone else. Charleston is about 2 hours from West Columbia. The package departed West Columbia 11:34 P.M. on December 30; it arrived at the same location at 6:36 A.M. the next morning. Where was the package for 7 hours? There is some good news; my friends in Russia tell me that UPS is even worse there than in the USA. They tell me that the Russian Postal Service is better than UPS; I can now say the same for the US Postal Service.

The billing information was received on the 28th, but according to the tracking it wasn't actually sent until the 30th. Then you have the 31st and 1st as holidays, then the weekend.

January 4th is the correct delivery time. Even if it did in fact ship on the 28th, time guarantees are suspended during the busiest 2 weeks of the year, which is true of all carriers.

Review

Why is Apple using UPS? Once again their computer system is giving wrong information to customers.

This morning while at work I checked the tracking number of my order and saw that UPS marked it "OUT FOR DELIVERY". Since the UPS pick up station is 25 miles from my house in another city, I wanted to be home to receive this merchandise. I asked my boss if I could have the rest of the day off, and used up some vacation leave to sit home and wait for UPS. Well it was 5:30 PM and they still had not arrived at my house. I called UPS and a woman in the Stevenage warehouse tells me that my item was not out for delivery - it never left their building. I asked how that could be possible seeing as their computer system is saying it's out for delivery? She said the system is not working right. This is about the 4th time I have dealt with UPS, and 3 out of the 4 dealing I have had with them have been similar, although this is the first time their system said it was out for delivery when it really wasn't. Now I have wasted a vacation day for nothing. I have to drive 25 miles to their warehouse to get it because I am not taking Monday off of work too. Likely they will try to deliver it on Monday, which means I won't be able to pick it up until Tuesday. The worst of it is that I ordered items through Apple's Online Store. Why in the heck would Apple be using UPS?? They are usually a higher-end company. To mix themselves up with UPS boggles my mind. I will not be dealing with Apple Online Store anymore because of this. I complained to Apple about it twice but they didn't seem interested in my complaint. I explained to them that UPS has no pick up facility anywhere near my house. They don't care. Customers should have the option to choose the delivery company and pay extra if need be. I'd definitely pay extra to use Purolator or Canada Post. I'm paying extra anyway with the gas and time and day off. I don't expect a resolution to this. I've sent an email following up on this to Apple. I'm so upset right now to have wasted a vacation day to sit home here waiting for nothing. Something has GOT to be done about this shoddy service that UPS is giving.

I have had nothing but trouble with UPS. Things have been sent out for delivery twice, even though I asked for pick up.

Then I go there and they tell me it's on the truck. The warehouse is 25 miles away from my home. That's why I would say Canada Post. At least when it comes in, I have a pick up location a 3 minute drive from my house.

So far UPS was only on time with my parcel once out of the 4.

The other 3 times it's mixed up.

It's funny you should say they have the best on-time. Not in my book they don't!!!

Apple uses them because UPS has the highest on-time delivery percentage of any private carrier. It's funny that you think you'd be better off with Canada Post, which is internationally recognized as one of the worst postal carriers in the entire civilized world.

Is it a perfect system %100 of the time?

No. Welcome to Earth.

View more comments (1)
Review

UPS can't figure out how to deliver a package

I have neve rhad any problems with UPS in the US. Canadian UPS workers are incompetant however. Every time I shipe to Canada via UPS, there is some problem with them 'not finding' the address given. Come on, if I ship something to a town of 4000, how hard is it to find an address? Once, the person I delivered the package to had to pay a second fee to receive it because they could not find the first address, so I gave them a second address and they were charged because it wasn't the 'origional' receiver, even though it was UPS's incompentency. Recently, the shipment is 2+ weeks late and they cannot give me a date for redelivery even though it is their fault. They were trying to deliver a package marked for Victoria, BC to Vancouver!! Come on, can no one read at the Canadian UPS? The incompentance and laziness of Canadian UPS workers astounds me every time I have to deal with them.

Status: In Transit

12/30/2009 20:15:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] WEST COLUMBIA, SC, US

12/30/2009 12:59:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] KNOXVILLE, TN, US

12/30/2009 08:34:00 ARRIVAL SCAN[I] KNOXVILLE, TN, US

12/30/2009 03:38:00 DEPARTURE SCAN[I] NASHVILLE, TN, US

It sounds as though Bill works for UPS. They have an excuse for everything.

Perhaps UPS can invest in a GPS. Perhaps the drivers can ask someone else. Gee Bill, what is your excuse for the package that is 2+ weeks late?

What is your excuse for the package that was delivered to Vancouver instead of Victoria?

Unhappywithyou should use FedEx or USPS. I have had far fewer issues with the latter two than I have had with UPS.

Well you just answered your own question my friend. A driver delivering to a completely new area has nothing to do with being lazy or incompetent.

I think you would also have a difficult time trying to find about 100 or so streets you have never heard of. The driver was probably just trying to make it through his day.

It just so happens you have to pay the price for it. Sounds like you just needed to vent a little my friend.

it was marked. The problem is that the delivery driver was not local and did not know the town in which he had his area.

A town of 4,000 huh? Sounds like one of those towns in which people don't put house numbers on the mailboxes down those rural side roads. Did you ask the receiver if someone would be able to find his or her home?

View more comments (4)
Review

UPS in Saint Louis, Missouri - Sent somewhere with no address??

I sent a $900 fixture plus $166 for shipping and some with no address by a compltly different name signed for it. So I am out $1100 well $300 deducted from my paypal account a $600 in collections. It was a long drawn out process. Like 6 months before they complained about not getting it then a few more months went by... now UPS says its too late for them to worry about it? WTF? I am still worried about it! Anyone have any ideas on what I could do? I sent it to a Cindy Ispen but Lomedico? signed for it at a dock. The address is some bike shop and they never heard of either one supposably.

i sold it to them... and never heard anything so I assumed they got it.

Accually I am sure they got it since they waited 6 months to say something. They did pay and I got the money untill paypal deducted it back out of my account.

You paid to have your package sent so you should have tracked it. As soon as you saw that the wrong person signed you should have done something right then!

It is your fault you sat around for six months and did nothing. The receiver should have worked with you on this one also.

They didn't pay so it was no loss for them to worry about. I would be asking for some money if I were you

View more comments (1)