Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS/Staples badly damaged 5 boxes of household goods/holding up compensation 2 mos.

I don't know whether to be furious with UPS or Staples-both holding up compensating for 5 claims-Staples lost paperwork and customer svc. agent at Staples delayed claims; UPS beat the *** out of at least 5 boxes, and tried to tell Staples that some boxes were undeliverable because the wrong address was listed for shipping. Shipping address was verified by both me and the place of delivery. UPS delivery people are liars. First claim was submitted December 15; STILL no compensation. Staples passes the buck and customer svc people don't follow through. UPS Staples NEVER again
#120679

I've had 3 insurance claims in the past month, all approved.

#120633

Your right they don't take long to process claims. The problem is the claim is always marked denied. They don't pay any claims.

Why do we continue buying from 'superstore' companies that care nothing about their customers. They are run by Wall Steet boards and care about one thing, maximizing profits.

My company stoped buying from them about a year ago and started buy from a small company called MySupplies.

Their service is fantastic and they are actually cheaper! I would stop spending my money where it is not appreciated if I were you.

UPS doesn't take long to process claims, usually about a week. Since you shipped it through Staples though, they are issued the refund, then they refund you, so it might take a while.

View more comments (3)

UPS steals!

UPS employees stole my UPS package. A family member shipped a brand new handbag worth $2,600 via UPS 3 day guarantee. The package was packaged properly with the handbag wrapped in cloth, then placed in a small box. This small box was then placed in a larger box. The larger box contained styrofoam and padding. When I received the UPS package, the packing tape on the bottom part of the box looked frayed. In addition, while the top and sides of the box were taped with many layers of packing tape, the bottom of the box was only taped with one layer of packing tape. Also, the box was very very light - as if nothing was inside. I opened the box and inside was the small box. The small box was empty - only the cloth remained. Someone at UPS had opened my package en route and took out the contents. I have contacted UPS but they are being non-responsive and uncooperative. UPS just keeps on telling me that "they are sorry this happened" and that "they are looking into it". UPS should take responsibility for this because it is one of their employees that stole and committed a federal felony. I will never use UPS again and will bring an action against UPS in small claims court.
mybs

Billy-

Thanks for the information. It does seem like right now the UPS Store is where the problem is.

I have asked for my original tracking number along with a claim number. I have all the receipts I was given at time of shipment. The only number is called a parcel shipping order. Manager keeps saying he will call back.

Last night he said he would have some information today, but once again no call. I have been more than patient up to now

mybs,

UPS stores are actually a franchise. They are ran individually.

If there is a problem with the personnel at the store, don't blame UPS itself. The stores do have a contract with UPS, but basically they do everything themselves and once a day they have a truck pick up all the packages brought in to them. If you have your shipping info, you need to go through UPS, not the store.

UPS will honor your insurance claim, unless the store screwed you over. Then I would be going after them

Similar thing happened to me. I inherited my brothers expensive digital Olympus camera. Cost was in the 2000.00 range,and can not get this model any longer. I discovered there was a recall on the model for a new chip to be replaced,contacted Olympus,filled out the form, and packaged as instructed. I was to have camera returned within 10 days. I bought $1500.00 worth of insurance, and sent 2 day UPS.

The following Monday I received a call from Olympus, saying the box arrived, but the only thing in the box was the form, styrofoam peanuts, and tissue...no camera. The weight on the UPS receipt shows 2 lbs, which proves there was something in the box at shipment time. The box was so small, that it would not have weighed anything without the camera.

After a few calls, UPS finally sent inspector to pick up the box from receiver, but have not gotten any answers since then. It's been over a month now. UPS store owner does not return my calls. I can't even get them to give me a tracking number so I can do follow up on my own. The original receipt has only a store bill number,which does nothing for tracking.

This camera had sentimental value to me more than anything,since my brother passed away in Nov. I will never ship through a UPS store again. I have much better luck with the USPS or Fed X.

Did buy insurance - but not to cover the full cost of the bag. Mother thought that if she insured it for the full price, it would draw unnecessary attention to the package and that someone would steal it - ironic.

And filed a police report. Spent quite a long time there - I thought the NYPD would laugh at me for reporting this sort of theft but turns it this is grand larceny so they gave it more attention.

You will get your money back, at least if you were smart enough to insure the package.

Iplaypearldrums....Everyone seems to know a guy who knows a guy who works for UPS and does this, except that it doesn't actually happen.

When I was in college I knew of a guy that worked for UPS in a warehouse. He said they kick pkgs around like footballs.

Did you buy insurance?

View more comments (6)
Review

UPS in Washington, District Of Columbia - Driver claim he delivered the package!

I was expecting a coffee table to be delivered on the 26th of January. Unfortunity I was at work and miss the 1st attempt, take in mind I've been tracking my package throught out the week. I called UPS and ask them why the driver did not leave a infonotice on my door? they had no answer. 2nd attempt it stated that it was delivered, yeah to someone elses front door. Honestly I think the drive was lazy and just left it somewhere. Luckly the store sent out a replacement yesterday, I pray it gets deliver to my address.

I just had a driver stated that he tried to deliver my package three times and I did not get one phone call. Now my package has been shipped back to the shipper!!!

Shipmate, you have issues......

A lot of hatred for a package delivery service that I am sure you don't have daily contact with...

I wonder how you feel about your spouse, family and co-workers....

My advice to you....don't order anything online or by phone....only buy stuff locally that you can pickup yourself when you purchase it.......but you probably hate the retail store because they can't possibly carry everything that you want or might need.....

Good luck with your life.....

UPS and FEDEx both are horrible.

Things I hate about UPS and FEDEx.

I hate when you are given a 12 hour window for possible delivery and they never deliver your package within the first 4 hours of the window.

I hate when you are given a 12 hour window for possible delivery NOR do they deliver your package within the last 8 hours of the window

I hate when you wait all day at home waiting for a package that never comes.

I hate when the delivery drivers lie and say they attempted delivery.

I hate when the delivery drivers lie and say they attempted delivery and the station hubs receive the false system confirmation.

I hate when you wait all day at home waiting for a package that never comes but when you check online it says "delivery attempt made-no one home".

I hate when you find out this has happen again.

I hate when you call the 800 number you often get a useless pawn.

I hate when they ask me if I would like to file a claim for a lost or damage package.

I hate when one person on the phone tells me something completely different then another.

I hate when you ask to speak to a manager they act like it's not possible.

I hate when you ask to speak to a manager they tell you there is not one available.

I hate when I ask to speak to a manager they put you on hold and come back to tell you there is not one available.

I hate when after 20 min on the phone trying to speak to a manager you finally get one and they are just as unhelpful.

I hate when I ask to speak to a manager and finally get one on the phone and feel deep inside they really are not a manager.

I hate when they give you another number to call for help you spend they next 10 min explaining over again what just happen.

I hate when you call the other number they are just as unhelpful.

I hate when the customer rep tells you the best they can do is make a note in the system and wait.

I hate when they don't deliver my package apologize on the phone but then can't do anything about it.

I hate when a Next Day or 2 Day service doesn't make it and they won't give a refund...........unless you push and push and push the issue....then find out your account still hasn't been credited.....you call back and have to start from the beginning.

I hate when you finally get the refund you still hate them.

I hate when you have to play the role of your own freight forwarder and pick up your own package.

Maybe the company sent it to the wrong address.

View more comments (3)

UPS in Winnipeg, Manitoba - Package missing

UPS attempted to deliver my daughter's birthday gift (ipod touch bought through air miles) Wed. Jan. 27 but I was at work so I had it redirected there. It's now the 29th and I have had two UPS workers tell me that it's gone missing and that they are not surprised. One told me that they have had to fire alot of people because they scan and pocket stuff all the time! Their response? "Oh well, it's gone - you'll have to reorder it because you'll NEVER see it now." Nice...tell that to a ten year old...

The package I've been waiting came in at a destination depot already, supposed to be delivered the next day right on time. Suddenly the tracking says "Departure scan", then went to another province! WTF!!!

My daughter who's supposed to receive it from me as a Christmas gift is leaving the night of the delivery date. Now I have to spend more on shipping.

The package was here in the city already, how could some moronic employee(s) do this?

I bought a 8x10 rug from shopnbc, delivered through ups and they say it was lost, how can they lose a rug! it certainly must have been stolen, last scanned in penn. now shopnbc says it takes 5-8 business days to refund the money, which is fine, but I would just like to know the real story, what the heck happened!!

#161967

I hate when you wait every day,standing nearby the window,counting down until it is the 3-4 day period of when they said the package you have been looking forward so much to should come in, and it ends up being the day the *** decided to send it out.

UPS and FEDEx both are horrible.

Things I hate about UPS and FEDEx.

I hate when you wait all day at home waiting for a package that never comes.

I hate when the delivery drivers lie and say they attempted delivery.

I hate when you find out this has happen again.

I hate when you call the 800 number you often get a useless pawn.

I hate when you ask to speak to a manager they act like it's not possible.

I hate when you call the other number they are just as unhelpful.

I hate when you finally get the refund you still hate them.

Drivers know nothing about insurance claims and processing, so don't listen to them. Whether it was stolen, lost or stepped on by an elephant, UPS packages are insured automatically for $100.

Any additional insurance would be the responsibility of the shipper.

They CANNOT deny a claim if something is lost, period. If you're having trouble getting refunded, it's probably because you have to go through the company that shipped it to you, as the shipper(not you) is the one refunded.

View more comments (4)
Review

UPS in Mississauga, Ontario - I sent a parcel to Lagos, Nigeria on Jan 11/2010. The parcel has not arrived. Today is Jan 29.

I shipped a parcel to Lagos, Nigeria on Jan 11,2010. The parcel has not arrived. Today is Jan 29, 2010. The tracking said UPS internal Activity in Lagos on Jan 14, 2010. If UPS cannot deliver my shipment at least they should bring it back to me so that I can sent it through the FEDEX. My brother's Xmas gifts to Lagos Nigeria arrived within four (4) business days. Next time, I will insure all my shipments with UPS for 10 million dollars or more. That way I would be able to punish the company for their insensitivity

Sending things to Nigeria is just a bad idea in general. It has one of the most corrupt customs agencies in the world, and a big portion of their national revenue comes from illegal activity like fraud, extortion and other white collar crimes.

And as far as your brilliant insurance scheme idea, UPS is not nearly as gullible as the common person extorted by Nigerian scam artists.

UPS in Hellertown, Pennsylvania - Package lost in transit

Ordered a limited edition - The Beatles: Rock Band (Limited Edition Premium Bundle) - Model #16851 on 12/24 from K-Mart. Package was lost in transit last location was the UPS terminal. This particular Bundle is no longer made so I can't find another anywhere, except for one place which is charging twice what I originally paid for it. When calling UPS to inquire about my shipment, I was advised that I must contact K-Mart directly, and they would have to file a claim, even though I was the customer and the one out the money. K-Mart filed a claim on 1/7. Called again to find out status, and was told that the claim was closed. Had to call K-Mart again and have them file yet another claim on 1/22. I received a letter from UPS advising me that my item was lost -- which I already knew! Have not heard from them since. In the meantime, I am out the money ($240) since December, I have not received the merchandise, and can't find a replacement. This is the worst delivery service and customer service interaction I have ever received.

I had a very bad experienced with a ups store in culver city, in which I returned a T-MOBILE phone (BLACKBERRY). The lady took the phone and i ask for a receipt but she said it's okay I don't need it.

However a week later, T-mobile has not received my phone; I went back to the UPS store and spoke to the owner and was told the lady that assisted me was not there; I went back again and she advise me that she had to send it out to the post office!!! Is this a joke? Now I had to pay the phone with T-MOBILE, I have however a written note from the Store UPS Manager that they received the phone from me in which I am now going to write a letter to UPS CORPORATE OFFICE. Moral of the story?

DONT TRUST ANYONE,this had made me stress and depressed. :cry

It's rare for a package to be legitimately lost, but it happens.

That being said though, you are legally entitled to a refund, and if you found out that the claim had been closed, that means that a refund has been issued to the sender, Kmart. All packages are insured automatically for up to $100 went sent via UPS.

Unfortunately, you have to go through KMart to get your refund, and it sounds like they're making it difficult.

UPS would NEVER deny a claim when something is lost.

View more comments (1)

UPS in Minneapolis, Minnesota - Missed Delivery

Package was sent via UPS next day air, early am delivery to Loomis Ca. The package was guaranteed to be delivered by 9am the next day. Package was not received by the customer until 1130am, resulting in a delay to an important presentation. UPS was notified of the delay, and their customer service person told me that there was a weather delay in Loomis Ca that day. I went to the NOAA web site, and found that entire day was sunny and 60 degrees, no wind, with unlimited visibility. I requested they only chage me the standard UPS next day air rate, and they told me the issue was closed. I had another legitimate claim 2 years ago, and it took UPS over a year to reconcile.

I do a lot of shipping with all three major carriers. I do not know of a 900am commit time for any of UPS's next day service.

800am for "early AM" or 1030am for normal next day air service. Think About It is right. UPS must send it's air packages to Louisville, KY to their air HUB. I don't know the weather conditions there or between KY and CA.

It could have been bad weather over the Rockies that forced their plane to take a longer route to get to CA. There are several viable options that could have been weather realated that cause your package to be delayed.

Again, not sure where you are coming up with the 900am commit time.

It may be a new service that I am not aware of.

I say this in a lot of posts.........our society has grown used to the instant gratification mindset, where we have to have it now and will not take no for an answer. I don't know the circumstances surrounding your presentation, but I would think that I would not leave something over great importance to the last minute unless I absolutely had no other option.

Listen you friggin ***, I live in Seattle, the destination for the package was California, even the migrating bums know there is an option to either stay in Seattle over the winter, or go to California, both feature a mild climate. NOAA's reports for that 24 hour period of time, along the entire route of trvel, reported no rain, ice, or any other inclimate weather.

Either way, the shipment was late, and the carrier (UPS) should feel obligated to adjust the rate to a standard overnight charge.

My suggestion to you; go out to the the street corner, stand there until you see a bus or garbage truck approaching, and just as the vehicle is passing you, step out into the street. :)

Your package was shipped NEXT DAY AIR in the middle of WINTER. Weather varies throughout regions.

In one place it might be 60, in another it might be 15 degrees with impassable roads. Maybe roads iced over that night and cleared up that afternoon.

UPS Has to have clearance to declare weather delays, they cannot fail service and blame it on an nonexistent problem. Since you are on the subject of blaming people, next time don't procrastinate the presentation and you won't have this problem...

View more comments (2)
Loss
UPS service sucks.UPS couldn't deliver their bancruptcy notice if they had to.Overnight package went undeliverd for 3 days.I hope FedEx or some Chinese company puts them out of business.' 'For most kinds of purchases, you can get valuable advice and...

THANKS FOR THE RESEARCH LESSON BUT I PASSED THAT CLASS IN COLLEGE

View more comments

UPS Outstandingly POOR Service

I sent a package to California on 12-24-09 via the UPS store in Royal Oak on Woodward. It was never delivered to the correct address in California but left on the front porch of a previous address they stored in their computer. After finally finding it in a city over 50 miles away, it was supposedly caught in San Fran and a customer service representative from UPS said they'd reroute it. Oh no-it was shipped back to the original sending point in Royal Oak and UPS Representatives said they would be nice enough to refund the original shipping cost. No customer service recovery, no nothing. NEVER SEND ANYTHING UPS. All experiences with the United States Postal Service have been better than this; they even refunded overnight charges when they failed delivery the next day AND STILL DELIVERED THE PACKAGE. UPS, YOU HAVE REALLY GONE DOWNHILL!

Sounds like UPS DID MAKE AN HONEST MISTAKE but, they guarantee priority shipping by a certain time and refund your money if that promise is made, so FREE SHIPPING!! they made a mistake you, got your money back and package still delivered. HORRIBLE JUST HORRIBLE LOL!!

Verifying that you sent it to the right address in the first place would have been a good idea. They don't just pick an arbitrary address from your address book to send it to.

And what are you talking about "customer service recovery"?

View more comments (1)
Loss

UPS in New York, New York - I would like to know if Laptop PC was shipped out yet. acct #25553747

To whom to it may concern I sent in my last payment for Laptop PC acct. 25553747# BWNKGNY Last payment was made on 1/9/2010 of $89.95 I would just like to know if the Laptop was shipped yet. If so, if is UPS. or Postal Service. This is not a complaint. I just want an idea of when it would be coming? Please notify me of when Laptop was shipped and how,that's all My name is Mary Skaats 2471 84 St. Apt B10 Bklyn. NY 11214 email address sassymama1268@hotmail.com Thank you much appreciated, Mary Skaats.

This is the wrong forum for this kind of inquiry. I'd remove your personal info if you can.