Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Ups unprofessional customer service

I ordered a package from amazon for a boyfriend's birthday that just came back from Afghanistan so this present/celebration was extra important and special. The package was suppose to deliver on May 12, 2010. I signed the back of the 1st attempt infonotice and taped it to my door. May 13 2010, I came home from work and found 2nd attempt notice on my gate with a message "cannot get in". May 14, 2010 I stayed at home to wait from 12-2. At 2:09pm I checked the computer and the tracking said that the package was undelivered for the 3rd time and is returned to control center in chula vista, ca at 1:39pm. I was waiting at that gate? I called the 1800 and rep was in Central America replying that they will relay the message to Chula Vista to have them call me back within one hour. Within one hour they called me back (very good) and set up the appointment to 4th attempt deliver on Monday May 17, 2010. 2hours later the rep called back and I ask if I was willing to meet the driver somewhere to pick up the package. I agreed and she said she will call me back but never did. Today the 17th, I tracked my package as returned to the seller. I called 1800 number and they were nice and apologized and relay the message to Chula Vista to call me back. They called me back and said that 4th attempt could not be processed in the computer and therefore the package was sent back to seller. I ask why didn't anyone care to call me and she replied that they probably didn't have your number and I said yes they did because they contacted me twice. She said there is nothing else we can do at this time except to refund you the shipping cost and I said that would be a good start thank you and then she hung up. Without telling me how she would issue the refund or the common courtesy of asking if she could answer further question, hung up. I called 1800 later in the day and they told me a refund is not an option because I am the receiver not the shipper and the package is already back to the shipper, there's nothing else they can do so the chula vista center misinformed you. UPS need to train their people to get their story straight and do what they are suppose to do. I understand that sometimes work is hard and tiring after 12hrs because I work those hours. But this is San Diego with apartment complex with gates. They all know what to do. You enter the gate to find the house. You don't just leave infonotice outside the gate saying "can't get in" and "wrong address", you didn't even go inside the complex to look for the apartment. The gate was open so don't give me the excuse that you can't access the building without the code. By the way, I left the gate open thinking it was *** proof but it wasn't. People still don't know how to use their two feet to walk in.

P.S. I tried really hard to be reasonable and understanding.

I have no problem going to the control center directly to pick up my package like I am today for a second package that still can't be delivered to me. However, the rep said we will deliver it to you again on Monday the 17th and if we have problem getting into the gate, the driver will call you.

If they couldn't do this, they should not have made this statement making me waste my time waiting today and now I have to buy the same product for a higher bid on Amazon and waste time getting it delivered again. They should of said "no sorry ma'am we can't do our job so please come pick up your package" and I would have done so.

No, the first time he wrote can't get in. The second time when the gate was open, he put wrong address.

Even though he wrote wrong address and can't get in, he somehow got the 1st attempt infonotice on my door in the same complex. And I verified that it is the same driver because the Chula Vista Control Center Rep said this was his route.

You have to get your shipping refund from the company you ordered it from, since they paid UPS, not you.

Sounds like UPS made a reasonable effort to deliver the package. If the complex is inaccessible without a code, that doesn't leave them with many options. (I really don't believe the driver walked up to an open gate and left a note saying "can't get in.")

Loss
I walked into my local UPS store here in Miami and asked about shipping a parcel to Russia. I was told I should use my UPS account for this purpose, that it would save me 20%. I did this and returned to the store the next day. I had already shipped more than 10 boxes...

go to a ups customer counter at a terminal. its cheaper there because you are directly dealing with ups itself not the store

View more comments

UPS in Houston, Texas - Absurdly long delivery

Here is the true story: 1. The envelope was sent via UPS 2nd Day Air from Lauderdale, Fl to Houston, TX on February 18, 2010. 2. It was delivered to the apartment complex where I live on April 14, 2010. As I was not home, the envelope was left at the leasing office but no notice was left for me that it had finally arrived. 3. I received the envelope on May 5, 2010 when notified by the office manager that they'd got the package for me. So it took UPS two and half months to deliver the envelope from Florida to Texas! It contained important documents, and I had to spend a lot of effort to get their duplicates in time.

Well, it certainly doesn't normally take that long to deliver a 2day air letter. This one happened to get lost, for a while anyway.

Rare, but it happens with every carrier sometimes. As far as being notified that you received a delivery, that would obviously be the responsibility of the leasing office.

Review
#182054 Review #182054 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS Store in Germantown, MD

I went to the UPS Store in Germantown, MD to get a quote on packaging and shipping a printer to ND. They did everything they could to NOT provide packaging services. First, the sales person in the office said she could not pack the printer because it was to heavy! WTF. I reply " I will help you" she still didn't want to do it and said she wanted to wait until later. Next, a second person finally came and he was worst then she was. He didn't want to give me a quote and when he finally did he had the Worst attitude about giving me a quote. He said it will cost $80 to ship a 30lb box to ND. I had to remind him that I just shipped a 60lb box the day before for $30. Same size. To sum it up, I left and will never return to that office again and will be filing a formal complaint. NEVER GO THERE!!
Review
#181915 Review #181915 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS DOESN'T PICK UP PACKAGES AS PROMISED!

UPS is the worst delivery company in the entire world. They do not meet their contractual obligations and you will be finaancially damaged by using their service. I know, I have used them for years and they *** on me about once a month, costing me big bucks. I cannot promise my customers any specific delivery date because I cannot count on UPS to pick up the packages as promised. I wish I had a good lawyer to sue these idiots. I cannot believe I am still doing business with these people, but after 25 years of awful service, I guess I am just used to it. If anyone is going into business today and need delivery of your products - my advice is to use anyone other than UPS. JAMES WINKLE - INSTEP INTERNATIONAL INC.

You are complaining about UPS but still are using UPS. Do... you not see whats wrong here?..

UPS Delivery is Poor!

I purchased a Fossil watch that my wife has been eyeing for Mother's Day, and requested next day delivery. the watch was purchased on 5/3. The item was shown delivered on 5/5/10. I contacted UPS on 5/7/10 to see where the item was delivered because I never received it. UPS showed that the item was delivered and signed for at a Macy's store on the Preload Dock. UPS is running a trace that can take 14 days. I'm not sure why it takes 14 business days to trace the item that is shown signed for at Macy's? I'm more curious to find out why my item was sent to Macy's and not my home address. Anyhow, I'm now awaiting a refund from Fossil that will be next week. So, I have to figure out what to get my wife for Mother's Day now. I'm not pleased at this moment.

Thanks for the response Paul; however it was misdelivered and UPS doesn't understand why the driver dropped it off at Macys. The destination was supposed to be my home address in their system. Thanks for the useless response.

Doesn't necessarily mean UPS misdelivered it. Fossil could have shipped it to the wrong address.

View more comments (1)
Review

Ups workers lying about delivery

ups workers constantly lied abot delivering a pkg to my door. i deliberately sat by the door and waited as, not one but two, notes were posted on my door saying i was not at home. i even took time off my job after the first note. they never even knocked. after calling the 800 number twice i was told that the driver was on their way. guees what? a no show. are there any consequences for this? the supervisors that called me back acted like this was no big deal to them. I told them that i was disabled and could not come to their office which was less than a mile from my home.

I am a driver and I always ring the doorbell AND knock. We all do.

It will just be more work the next day if we have to go back to your house again and again on top of what we already have to do. 95 percent of us actually really care about servicing our customers, otherwise we would not have signed up to work 10-12 hour days.

It's funny how people "Sit by the Door and wait ALL DAY for 3 Days". I don't know how other areas work, but many times a week I will take the extra time to meet up with a customer or go back to the their house where they said I did not make an attempt. You know what usually happens??.....They pull up in the drive way 5 minutes after I get there!

Yeah, you were sitting at home except for all those times you went out to run errands or pick up your kids or was working out in the field.

There is nothing wrong with that, just don't lie about it and keep us from seeing our family that much longer. I am not bitter, just offering a different perspective.

This happened to me several times and again today. I paid extra to get this package today because I am going on vacation.

I was home all day but when I checked online it says that a delivery was attempted and I was not home to sign.

It really *** me off. I just sent my husband to pick up the package, i hope they dont give him a hard time.

I have had this experience on four different occasions and have been obliged to pick up the package at the main shipment center. Sometimes, the they do not even give an info notice, and claim on the package tracker that a delivery 'attempt' was made. Perhaps the driver on my route is a serial LIAR.

I am headed to the shipment center tonight, to spend another two hours waiting for package that should have been delivered. It is such a horrible experience, basically everyone is squished into a very small room, its overheated, and everyone is frustrated/resigned/ANGRY!

I do not understand how UPS is still in business.

Loss

Ups drivers laziest ppl on earth!!

I was supposed to have a package delivered to my house yesterday! I give them the benefit of the doubt and wait until today. Only to find out my tracking number says the package was delivered yesterday. To the a person who was not me signed for it. I call ups...they advise me the package was dropped off at the post office!! I live in a super small town in MN. My house is extremely easy to find there are only six streets in my town. The post office is on the other side of town, with a completely different address. Seriously? The diver didn't even bother to find my house. Instead is so lazy he just drops it off at the post office. ups costumer ser. rep. says now I have to wait one business day for them to go pick the pkg. up and redirect it to the address it should have been shipped to! I also was supposed to get a phone call w/in 1 hr. to discuss reshipment. Surprise, surprise that did not happen. I did get my package at the end of the day, but not without a huge headache. common this *** is just plain lazy!

Greg really knows what he's talking about LOL!

There's not way of knowing if it's "laziness" are just a mistake. He may have accidentally dropped it at the post office when delivering other packages then later assumed the package was never loaded onto the truck when he couldn't find it.

Both are plausible. Considering the easiness of your town, a mistake seems more likely. Better it was dropped at the post office than some random address as UPS has done to me twice. :eek

To the UPS driver, the guys in the warehouse work much harder than you then you guys blame us for all your mistakes!

:p

Still, no one at UPS is all too lazy.

Some are worse than others, but everyone works their rear off. There's a reason the union is so good.

I understand your anger but it is misguided. There is a new service between the USPS and UPS, it is UPS basic.

The shipper (only larger shippers ie lands end, amazon etc) pays to have UPS deliver to the local post office, not the final receiver. The shipper is given a discount on the shipping rates and the post office delivers it to your mailbox or po box. The tracking number should not be give to you, as the consignee then thinks they will be seeing the brown truck show up and deliver. I hope this helps you understand the service better.

As for the laziest people on earth, I am writing you after an 11 hour day, icing down my right knee which has a torn cartilige and am waiting on surgery which has been an ongoing problem for the past 2 years. This is my good knee, the other has been operated on twice.

Perhaps you should temper your comments and research your complaints prior to putting them on an online forum. Have a nice day

UPS ***!!!

I was supposed to receive a package today but somehow the UPS delivery person couldn't find my name on the doorbell that never worked in the first place. I specified before delivery that i reside on the 3rd floor and the doorbell doesn't work. Somehow this *** stated he couldn't find my apt where he could have simply stepped inside the vestibule area where he could see my name in plain view on my mailbox and go from there. I called UPS and they stated my name isn't listed on the doorbell (which by the way doesn't work)Apparently now i have to put a name sticker on a non working doorbell system in order for these numb-skulls to find me.

U my friend are a TOOL we donot have time to chase down other locations to find where u are go to the ups hub and pick it up its not our fault u live in a run down apt.

of course the delivery person should be able to hear that three stories up your doorbell doesn't work. wow

"he could have simply stepped inside the vestibule area where he could see my name in plain view on my mailbox and go from there."

And do what? If you're doorbell's broken, and you live on the 3rd floor, how do people let you know they're downstairs?

Maybe you should fix your doorbell lol.

View more comments (3)

UPS SUCKS!!!

UPS couldn't deliver a package if the address was right next door to them. One time before the Christmas holidays, i ordered a electric guitar to be delivered to my house. Funny thing, It wound up being shipped to a bank just a few blocks from my house. After finding out where my package was sent, i called the bank's mail room dept who denied ever signing for a package even though Ups did confirm it was delivered to that specific bank. I know for sure someone at the bank did receive it and kept it for himself (early Christmas gift i guess). My friends, This is only one of many horrific encounters I've had with UPS and i wanted to share this experience with you. I have more respect for the US Postal system than any self righteous corporate shipping company on this planet. At least USPO knows how to find an address correctly. UPS SUCKS!!!

hmmm. last time I chatted with my UPS guy he was telling me that there is a GPS in their computer delivery device and that it alerts them if they are in the wrong location.? something smells fishy

No, The shipper had the correct address. I confirmed this with the guitar shop and UPS. UPS just dropped the ball plain and simple.

Did you ever think that the company you ordered it from may have put the wrong address on the box?