Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS= poor delivery

I purchased a small book for 15 dollars and the shipper sent it UPS which of course required a signature and I like most people work 7-3. Yet the UPS driver each time decided to deliver the package at the exact same time 2:45; apparently he had no brains as any semi-intelligent person would have chosen a different time the second or third try. It's absolutely ridiculous that I am unable to receive a book I paid for 2 weeks ago; I have had delivery problems with the post office or fedex or any other delivery company.

UPS drivers typically cover 1 specific area and delivers all business, ground, next day and residential out of the same truck. Routes require business customers before residential stops, not because they don't care about the residential customers (business owners live in houses too).

It just would not be possible to successfully complete all deliveries as business hours usually end at 5. Drivers could not possibly deliver residential and leave themselves no time to make it to business customers before they close and make the scheduled pickups for the day. Most residential deliveries do not require a signature unless it is requested such as valuable materials or you live in a higher risk area. In cases like this you can always request to have your package set aside in will call to be picked up at your convenience, usually the centers are not extremely far away as they have to be close enough in order for the trucks to make the daily commute.

P.S. Chris is correct to some degree. UPS is not like other delivery companies. The work load given is unreasonable.

Believe me, if driver's did have the time to break off the route to accommodate, most would.

Most drivers don't have time think about sneezing.....Oh yeah, the other day I had 185 stops. I didn't see my family that day.

And way to use exaggeration to make a point; 120 stops, what a wild assumption. Perhaps *** next time you should apply a a little logic and your argument won't be so pathetic. And while your at it *** buy some tampons.

I want him to use common sense disgruntled delivery man. Common sense would dictate the delivery man come at a different time, this is what other delivery companies do. You are a ***.

So you want the driver, who probably has 120 other stops to make that day, to completely change his route and risk delivering other people's packages late just to accomodate your work schedule? Kinda selfish, don't you think?

View more comments (3)

UPS in Fayetteville, Arkansas - Miss-delivered my package to Microsoft in TX

I am very unhappy with UPS. I live in Sherman, Texas and I am planning my wedding to a wonderful man in October. I recently was sent a package from a printing copy with my wedding invitations. The contents were 100 personalized DVD cases, inserts, and DVD's roughly costing 550.00 dollars. The address for the package destination was correct in the UPS system. When I was tracking the package it stated that it was out for delivery in Mesquite, Texas which is over 70 miles from my location. I was concerned but I was at the time not familiar with their delivery practices. So I just assume a driver from Mesquite would be delivering my invites. The date of delivery was Friday May 21,2010, no package arrive. Saturday morning I checked the UPS tracking number, it now stated that it was delivered and the shop manager signed for it at 1pm. I never received this package nor had any neighbors received it. So I went to the Sherman UPS office they were closed but a very nice employee (Brandy) took pity on me and did some research. She found out the package was never scanned in or out at the Sherman, TX UPS location. Seeing that I was very anxious about the location of my wedding invites, she then went further in researching saw that the last location of the package was Richardson, TX. She then called customer she also stated that she was not familiar with why the driver put such a generalized location for the item. After she talked with them for about 30min she was told that there was nothing She could do and to contact the shipper to file a claim that would start an investigation. Fast forward to Monday, May 24,2010, I contacted the Shipper. I did not get a response so I then contacted customer service, I spoke with a women(did not get name) who also stated to contact shipper. I explained that I had but that I am the receiver of the package can the investigation not go ahead and start. She then made some calls, I was on hold for about an hour. She was very nice, she stated that she was not able to get any information. She contacted the shipper by phone while I was on hold and told me that the tracer had been put on the package. The shipper then contacted me, told me that UPS is investigating. Here is my issue, the Shipper is now telling me that if UPS does not refund the entire project total that I would have to repay to have them reprinted. About an hour later I checked the tracking number for the status of the package hoping that maybe they located it and it would be on its way. The status stated that a tracer was put on the item with the Sherman, Tx UPS location. That made not sense to me, they never even scanned the item in how would they trace its location. I then called the Sherman location directly spoke to Damentria who stated that she did not see the tracer but agreed with me and that the tracer should have been attached to the Richardson, Tx UPS location. I then called the Richardson TX location directly and spoke with Hans. He explained to me that the package was sent to Microsoft and that when that has happened in the past that the mark the package as a lost. Its not lost.. Stated several times that is was their fault, that I needed to contact the shipper and requested that I have the shipper call him directly. I explained to him that I cant afford to have to pay to get these reprinted. Nor do I have time to wait possibly months to get this resolved. I don't understand, this happened Friday May 21st at 1pm, businesses are closed on the weekend. Surely my package can be retrieved. How difficult would it be for the driver to return to that location 2 days later and get the package.

UPS is a ripoff

I have two prepaid return packages. One is for UPS, other for Fedex. First I tried to schedule pickup on both websites, neither worked, then I try to find a contact phone number for UPS, I had to search for UPS, Fedex was on the their web. UPS is picking up between 9am & 7pm and Fedex between 1-5pm. UPS is charging $10.50, Fedex $zero. Who's screwing who here? The closest drop off is 40 miles away and the drop off boxes are too small to put the package in and Im not trying to ship an elephant either. UPS store hours are 8-10am and 4-6 pm. Guess what they werent open at 4pm last Friday and I didnt have time to wait for their lazy rearend to get in there to work. Go figure that. What is this nation coming too? Looks like a bunch of slakers work at UPS. Fedex gets my vote,I will never use UPS again and will bad mouth them every chance I get. I really hope they read this website. I doubt they do, they think they have the market cornered on shipping. My only dissatifaction with Fedex was when I called a foreigner took my order and was hard to understand, outsourcing does not set well with Midwestern middle class working folk, shame on you Fedex but thanks for not charging me for the pickup. You are forgiving for now.

UPS is a big ripoff. I sipped a copier taht I estimated wieght 150 pounds and prepaid $292.

I then ge a dditional bill inthe mail for 236.90 because it the actual wieght was 276. I paid $1.91 per pound for a total of 528.94.

the cost of shipping on my new boat was less than that. Don't ship UPS

yeah listen to bikky. a lot of times when you call to have a prepaid package picked up they will charge you.

the return label is paid for by the shipper so why would you pay for something that is already paid for.

you can hand it to a driver or take it to the store or a place where ups delivers to all the time. btw fedex is garbage.

Why do people think the UPS stores have anything to do with how the company is ran?? They are independently owned and operated.

UPS delivers packages sent to them, and picks up anything that is shipped through them, that's it. I am also confused about your return label. If it is a prepaid label on the box, where are the charges coming from? Did the UPS store try and charge you, or was UPS charging to schedule a truck to pick up at your place of residence?

If the label is already on the package, you can find any driver in your area and just give it to them. or put it in a drop box if it fits.

View more comments (2)

UPS - Never recieve your package

So I sent a package to my friend via a UPS authorized shipper. They require signature but my friend works; they tried to deliver it 3 times and of course this was all in afternoon so they were all rejected because of the lack of signature. Here's the kicker: My friend even wrote a NOTE saying "please leave by the doorstep" with her signature and they fail to honor this. I don't know what to do any more, I am at my wit's end. I tried calling customer support but they do not have a live person who can help me. The package is now being returned to shipper, and it had cost me $20 to ship it. If anybody has any ideas, PLEASE HELP ME! For what it's worth, I am using USPS or FedEx from now on. They have a live number I can call.

like John said below just because you sign the door tag, it doesnt require the driver to leave it if its not safe. drivers probably had problems in that area before and hes still responsible for it.

Same experience up here in Canada completely disreputable company

It clearly states that his friend left a note along with her signature and on all infonotice, this is allowed. You can call 18008339943 and press 0 to talk to live representative and they should be able to refund the shipping costs.

cough cough it's not like UPS or driver takes responsibility. the best they do/say is sorry there is nothing we can do at this time.

yes i am saying this out of anger but not without evidence. cough cough

Since the driver would be be responsible if anything were to happen to the package, they're not required to leave a package without a signature if they decide it's not a good idea. (ie.

bad neighborhood, weather, high value, etc.)

You could have requested a signature waiver when you first sent it, that probably would have done it. This is what any private carrier would have done.

View more comments (3)

Ups unprofessional customer service

I ordered a package from amazon for a boyfriend's birthday that just came back from Afghanistan so this present/celebration was extra important and special. The package was suppose to deliver on May 12, 2010. I signed the back of the 1st attempt infonotice and taped it to my door. May 13 2010, I came home from work and found 2nd attempt notice on my gate with a message "cannot get in". May 14, 2010 I stayed at home to wait from 12-2. At 2:09pm I checked the computer and the tracking said that the package was undelivered for the 3rd time and is returned to control center in chula vista, ca at 1:39pm. I was waiting at that gate? I called the 1800 and rep was in Central America replying that they will relay the message to Chula Vista to have them call me back within one hour. Within one hour they called me back (very good) and set up the appointment to 4th attempt deliver on Monday May 17, 2010. 2hours later the rep called back and I ask if I was willing to meet the driver somewhere to pick up the package. I agreed and she said she will call me back but never did. Today the 17th, I tracked my package as returned to the seller. I called 1800 number and they were nice and apologized and relay the message to Chula Vista to call me back. They called me back and said that 4th attempt could not be processed in the computer and therefore the package was sent back to seller. I ask why didn't anyone care to call me and she replied that they probably didn't have your number and I said yes they did because they contacted me twice. She said there is nothing else we can do at this time except to refund you the shipping cost and I said that would be a good start thank you and then she hung up. Without telling me how she would issue the refund or the common courtesy of asking if she could answer further question, hung up. I called 1800 later in the day and they told me a refund is not an option because I am the receiver not the shipper and the package is already back to the shipper, there's nothing else they can do so the chula vista center misinformed you. UPS need to train their people to get their story straight and do what they are suppose to do. I understand that sometimes work is hard and tiring after 12hrs because I work those hours. But this is San Diego with apartment complex with gates. They all know what to do. You enter the gate to find the house. You don't just leave infonotice outside the gate saying "can't get in" and "wrong address", you didn't even go inside the complex to look for the apartment. The gate was open so don't give me the excuse that you can't access the building without the code. By the way, I left the gate open thinking it was *** proof but it wasn't. People still don't know how to use their two feet to walk in.

P.S. I tried really hard to be reasonable and understanding.

I have no problem going to the control center directly to pick up my package like I am today for a second package that still can't be delivered to me. However, the rep said we will deliver it to you again on Monday the 17th and if we have problem getting into the gate, the driver will call you.

If they couldn't do this, they should not have made this statement making me waste my time waiting today and now I have to buy the same product for a higher bid on Amazon and waste time getting it delivered again. They should of said "no sorry ma'am we can't do our job so please come pick up your package" and I would have done so.

No, the first time he wrote can't get in. The second time when the gate was open, he put wrong address.

Even though he wrote wrong address and can't get in, he somehow got the 1st attempt infonotice on my door in the same complex. And I verified that it is the same driver because the Chula Vista Control Center Rep said this was his route.

You have to get your shipping refund from the company you ordered it from, since they paid UPS, not you.

Sounds like UPS made a reasonable effort to deliver the package. If the complex is inaccessible without a code, that doesn't leave them with many options. (I really don't believe the driver walked up to an open gate and left a note saying "can't get in.")

View more comments (2)
Loss
I walked into my local UPS store here in Miami and asked about shipping a parcel to Russia. I was told I should use my UPS account for this purpose, that it would save me 20%. I did this and returned to the store the next day. I had already shipped more than 10 boxes...

go to a ups customer counter at a terminal. its cheaper there because you are directly dealing with ups itself not the store

View more comments

UPS in Houston, Texas - Absurdly long delivery

Here is the true story: 1. The envelope was sent via UPS 2nd Day Air from Lauderdale, Fl to Houston, TX on February 18, 2010. 2. It was delivered to the apartment complex where I live on April 14, 2010. As I was not home, the envelope was left at the leasing office but no notice was left for me that it had finally arrived. 3. I received the envelope on May 5, 2010 when notified by the office manager that they'd got the package for me. So it took UPS two and half months to deliver the envelope from Florida to Texas! It contained important documents, and I had to spend a lot of effort to get their duplicates in time.

Well, it certainly doesn't normally take that long to deliver a 2day air letter. This one happened to get lost, for a while anyway.

Rare, but it happens with every carrier sometimes. As far as being notified that you received a delivery, that would obviously be the responsibility of the leasing office.

Review
#182054 Review #182054 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS Store in Germantown, MD

I went to the UPS Store in Germantown, MD to get a quote on packaging and shipping a printer to ND. They did everything they could to NOT provide packaging services. First, the sales person in the office said she could not pack the printer because it was to heavy! WTF. I reply " I will help you" she still didn't want to do it and said she wanted to wait until later. Next, a second person finally came and he was worst then she was. He didn't want to give me a quote and when he finally did he had the Worst attitude about giving me a quote. He said it will cost $80 to ship a 30lb box to ND. I had to remind him that I just shipped a 60lb box the day before for $30. Same size. To sum it up, I left and will never return to that office again and will be filing a formal complaint. NEVER GO THERE!!
Review
#181915 Review #181915 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS DOESN'T PICK UP PACKAGES AS PROMISED!

UPS is the worst delivery company in the entire world. They do not meet their contractual obligations and you will be finaancially damaged by using their service. I know, I have used them for years and they *** on me about once a month, costing me big bucks. I cannot promise my customers any specific delivery date because I cannot count on UPS to pick up the packages as promised. I wish I had a good lawyer to sue these idiots. I cannot believe I am still doing business with these people, but after 25 years of awful service, I guess I am just used to it. If anyone is going into business today and need delivery of your products - my advice is to use anyone other than UPS. JAMES WINKLE - INSTEP INTERNATIONAL INC.

You are complaining about UPS but still are using UPS. Do... you not see whats wrong here?..

UPS Delivery is Poor!

I purchased a Fossil watch that my wife has been eyeing for Mother's Day, and requested next day delivery. the watch was purchased on 5/3. The item was shown delivered on 5/5/10. I contacted UPS on 5/7/10 to see where the item was delivered because I never received it. UPS showed that the item was delivered and signed for at a Macy's store on the Preload Dock. UPS is running a trace that can take 14 days. I'm not sure why it takes 14 business days to trace the item that is shown signed for at Macy's? I'm more curious to find out why my item was sent to Macy's and not my home address. Anyhow, I'm now awaiting a refund from Fossil that will be next week. So, I have to figure out what to get my wife for Mother's Day now. I'm not pleased at this moment.

Thanks for the response Paul; however it was misdelivered and UPS doesn't understand why the driver dropped it off at Macys. The destination was supposed to be my home address in their system. Thanks for the useless response.

Doesn't necessarily mean UPS misdelivered it. Fossil could have shipped it to the wrong address.

View more comments (1)