Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS in Austin, Texas - I am pissed off at driver who keeps dropping off expensive packages at apt doorstep in San Marcos TX

I am upset that the UPS driver keeps dropping off expensive packages at my doorstep in a college apartment. This is in the hood and nothing will last out on the doorstep of a college apartment. I know a good friend who drives for UPS and they have informed me that this is not how the driver should act. I should go by the terminal and complain. I am not there and this is about the 5th time this has happened. I have been by the UPS terminal in San Marcos, Texas and complained about this incident and nothing gets done. I guess that when I leave the property they all just sit back and get their chuckles at me. Aren't we paying these clowns good money to provide a service? I don't understand why this keeps happening. Thanks for any help you could offer me.

I agree the driver is only delivering according to instructions and unless the sender indicates otherwise, they(he) will continue to leave the package at your doorstep. Perhaps you can have the sender send packages to the apt.

mgmt. and have them sign off.

If you don't want the driver to leave the package, then you'd have to tell whoever sent it to you to require a signature upon delivery. The driver is just doing what the sender indicates. He has no idea that the contents are valuable, unless it's indicated by the sender.

UPS=Damaged goods again

UPS driver is a POS...this lazy SOB instead of walking up 5 steps and knocking on my door literally throws my packages into my alleyway over a fence. Yesterday I had a pair of fishing rods and reels(that I need for work) thrown into the alley and both were damaged. I would love to beat the *** out of this guy but I never seem to catch him...what can I do? I cant believe in this day and age that there is no way to combat this kind of BS. This is what happens when a company gets too big.

I ship my product all over the US and Europe. I used to use UPS in the US but they kept breaking my product.

Switched to Fedex, no problem. Ship to Europe with USPS, no problem. My product got picked up by another company and they wanted me to ship UPS with account #.

Guess what, more broken products. UPS just sucks!!!!

#151988

Contact UPS directly at 1-800-742-5877. Ask to speak to the supervisor who is in charge of routes. Good luck.

Loss

UPS rifles through medical supply shipments in Sacramento

Take care of a woman who needs some medical supplies shipped on a monthly basis. Always wondered why her pulmonary medicine was shipped by special courier, same with her normal supply of catheters. Had to order catheters from a different company as the normal suppliers price was too high for quantity needed. 127 catheters in 4 sealed boxes were shipped from GA in a heavy cardboard box properly taped and labeled. Today we heard a ring of the doorbell followed a few seconds later by the distinctive sound of a UPS truck accelerating down our 10mph street. Opened door and found a crushed box with the tape opened at one end. Someone had pulled a few of the catheters out of the inside boxes and actually opened two of these "sterile" devices. All was sloppily shoved back in the box and deposited on our door step. WERE THEY LOOKING FOR DRUGS??? HAve noticed here in Sacramento that whenever I get something from a company like J&R Electronics or Tri State Camera both east coast firms, they always have one end of the package crushed and the tape broken. It always looks like someone has gone through the boxes. (yes returned those shipments) Problem is UPS won't hear it, they just say for the shipper to file a claim. BUT OBVIOUSLY THEY HAVE A THIEF OR THIEVES AT WORK!

MILLIONS of packages go through the system EACH DAY. It is inevitable that some are going to get bent or smashed, breaking the seal.

If it appears no damage is done, these packages are re-taped.

If there is damage you have every right to file a claim and get a refund which is done through the shipper. More than likely no one is rummaging through your packages.

UPS is failing!

UPS is sloppy! Customer Service has no idea of what is going on and this "we can't give you the station's direct phone #" is bull! What the heck? Austin/Buda station continues to miss-sort packages, causing me to have to get product to customers LATE! And, when I call to get an explainamtion it is always, well...I am sorry, but that's all it says. DUH, that's all I see when I look-up the tracking info myself...what good are you??? I am officially moving all of my business to FedEx and Lonestar. This is an *** joke! UPS...kiss my ***

you can go to the fedex section of this site and see the exact same complaints lol.

The hub i work at is awesome not sure about other hub's though.

UPS in Waterloo, Ontario - Pissed consumer

I am pissed! Ups never delivered my package and claimed they did! If they had delivered it, it was to the wrong address!! I use fed ex! They are excellent and always stand by their word. I will never order online again to a company that uses UPS as their carrier. And trust and believe-i shop oonline a lot. I feel like I am being penalized because of their mistake. COMPANIES BEWARE!! This package was very expensive and was a gift that got rescheduled for their convenience. Now, my fiancé has to wait and receive a late gift when I ordered the gift in advance.

"Ups never delivered my package and claimed they did!" "got rescheduled for their convenience."

So which is it? It got rescheduled or they claim it was already delivered?

FYI, if waiting an extra few days means it's too late, then you didn't in any manner "order in advance".

If they misdeliver something, or a package is stolen from your porch, you get a refund, period. You just have to go through the company you ordered the item from, since they're the ones who paid UPS to ship it.

And if you go to the Fedex section of this site, you'll hear the exact same type of complaints.

Everyone over there swears they'll never buy from a company that uses Fedex ever again!

UPS is a far better company! Funny stuff.

Okay how much is your boss from fed ex paying you to write this?

View more comments (2)
Loss

UPS in Deltona, Florida - United Parcel Service - staffed by ill-informed liars!

I had very disappointing experience with UPS. I called and attempted to have the package held by using the automated system. The automated system did not give me the usual prompt to hold the package, so I pressed 0 to speak to an operator. I explained to the operator that I wanted the package held at the UPS facility, but it seemed like the option had been removed from the automated menu. The customer service representative said that the menu option was not available because the package was going to be held automatically after the first delivery attempt. Being the second delivery attempt had been made earlier in the day, I asked him why a second delivery attempt had been made. He sort of stumbled over the words and said that the driver did that as a "courtesy". It sounded a little odd to me, but since I had no reason not to trust this individual, I thanked him and hung up, assuming that I could pick up the package the next day he suggested. The next day, I left work early to pick up the package from UPS before they closed at 8pm. I got there with only a few minutes to spare. I presented the InfoNotice to the clerk and was informed that the package had been returned to the sender. I told the clerk that I had called to have the package held and inquired about what went wrong. He first questioned whether I had actually called to have the package held. Then, after I told him exactly what time I called, he stuttered and in a confused and ill-informed manner similar to the customer service rep I had spoken to the day before, attempted to explain that "Level 1 packages cannot be held". I asked him if it was customary for non-UPS personnel to know what "Level 1" meant and to know these types of packages can't be held. I questioned why the customer service rep the night before didn't explain the policy rather than claiming that the package was automatically held. He flatly and with no sort of compassion, caring or concern for me, the customer, said that there was nothing that he could do. I left and thanked him for wasting my time. I wrote UPS to inform them of the chronic problem with both the customer service representatives at the UPS locations and at the phone center. They frequently lack any sort of customer service skills, are not knowledgeable and frankly don't always hold the packages when asked to, or inform the customer that the package cannot be held, if applicable. They often simply invent policies that are in fact very untrue, without any regard to what happens to the customer and their packages after hanging up the phone. They take absolutely NO pride in their job. I really don't think they consider the ramifications on the customer if the packages are returned to the sender or worse. I really doubt that my letter will end up anywhere but in the UPS customer service email trash bin, but I've feel like I've done my part. I have alerted them to a serious problem. I doubt that I'm the only person that feels that way, but because the package recipient has little or no control over what carrier is used to ship their packages, the egregious behavior will more than likely continue unchecked. But, I do hold out hopes that this letter may end up in the hands of someone who cares. The company slogan of my employer is "remember who we work for", which is a way to remind each employee that their every action, positive or negative, affects the customer. I urge the UPS employees to remember who you work for, because many people depend on timely delivery of their important packages and trust you to ensure that happens. I am unsure if the employees at UPS consider this fact when they go about their everyday duties. If they did, I think there would be far less Internet based complaints regarding UPS customer dissatisfaction.

UPS= poor delivery

I purchased a small book for 15 dollars and the shipper sent it UPS which of course required a signature and I like most people work 7-3. Yet the UPS driver each time decided to deliver the package at the exact same time 2:45; apparently he had no brains as any semi-intelligent person would have chosen a different time the second or third try. It's absolutely ridiculous that I am unable to receive a book I paid for 2 weeks ago; I have had delivery problems with the post office or fedex or any other delivery company.

UPS drivers typically cover 1 specific area and delivers all business, ground, next day and residential out of the same truck. Routes require business customers before residential stops, not because they don't care about the residential customers (business owners live in houses too).

It just would not be possible to successfully complete all deliveries as business hours usually end at 5. Drivers could not possibly deliver residential and leave themselves no time to make it to business customers before they close and make the scheduled pickups for the day. Most residential deliveries do not require a signature unless it is requested such as valuable materials or you live in a higher risk area. In cases like this you can always request to have your package set aside in will call to be picked up at your convenience, usually the centers are not extremely far away as they have to be close enough in order for the trucks to make the daily commute.

P.S. Chris is correct to some degree. UPS is not like other delivery companies. The work load given is unreasonable.

Believe me, if driver's did have the time to break off the route to accommodate, most would.

Most drivers don't have time think about sneezing.....Oh yeah, the other day I had 185 stops. I didn't see my family that day.

And way to use exaggeration to make a point; 120 stops, what a wild assumption. Perhaps *** next time you should apply a a little logic and your argument won't be so pathetic. And while your at it *** buy some tampons.

I want him to use common sense disgruntled delivery man. Common sense would dictate the delivery man come at a different time, this is what other delivery companies do. You are a ***.

So you want the driver, who probably has 120 other stops to make that day, to completely change his route and risk delivering other people's packages late just to accomodate your work schedule? Kinda selfish, don't you think?

View more comments (3)

UPS in Fayetteville, Arkansas - Miss-delivered my package to Microsoft in TX

I am very unhappy with UPS. I live in Sherman, Texas and I am planning my wedding to a wonderful man in October. I recently was sent a package from a printing copy with my wedding invitations. The contents were 100 personalized DVD cases, inserts, and DVD's roughly costing 550.00 dollars. The address for the package destination was correct in the UPS system. When I was tracking the package it stated that it was out for delivery in Mesquite, Texas which is over 70 miles from my location. I was concerned but I was at the time not familiar with their delivery practices. So I just assume a driver from Mesquite would be delivering my invites. The date of delivery was Friday May 21,2010, no package arrive. Saturday morning I checked the UPS tracking number, it now stated that it was delivered and the shop manager signed for it at 1pm. I never received this package nor had any neighbors received it. So I went to the Sherman UPS office they were closed but a very nice employee (Brandy) took pity on me and did some research. She found out the package was never scanned in or out at the Sherman, TX UPS location. Seeing that I was very anxious about the location of my wedding invites, she then went further in researching saw that the last location of the package was Richardson, TX. She then called customer she also stated that she was not familiar with why the driver put such a generalized location for the item. After she talked with them for about 30min she was told that there was nothing She could do and to contact the shipper to file a claim that would start an investigation. Fast forward to Monday, May 24,2010, I contacted the Shipper. I did not get a response so I then contacted customer service, I spoke with a women(did not get name) who also stated to contact shipper. I explained that I had but that I am the receiver of the package can the investigation not go ahead and start. She then made some calls, I was on hold for about an hour. She was very nice, she stated that she was not able to get any information. She contacted the shipper by phone while I was on hold and told me that the tracer had been put on the package. The shipper then contacted me, told me that UPS is investigating. Here is my issue, the Shipper is now telling me that if UPS does not refund the entire project total that I would have to repay to have them reprinted. About an hour later I checked the tracking number for the status of the package hoping that maybe they located it and it would be on its way. The status stated that a tracer was put on the item with the Sherman, Tx UPS location. That made not sense to me, they never even scanned the item in how would they trace its location. I then called the Sherman location directly spoke to Damentria who stated that she did not see the tracer but agreed with me and that the tracer should have been attached to the Richardson, Tx UPS location. I then called the Richardson TX location directly and spoke with Hans. He explained to me that the package was sent to Microsoft and that when that has happened in the past that the mark the package as a lost. Its not lost.. Stated several times that is was their fault, that I needed to contact the shipper and requested that I have the shipper call him directly. I explained to him that I cant afford to have to pay to get these reprinted. Nor do I have time to wait possibly months to get this resolved. I don't understand, this happened Friday May 21st at 1pm, businesses are closed on the weekend. Surely my package can be retrieved. How difficult would it be for the driver to return to that location 2 days later and get the package.

UPS is a ripoff

I have two prepaid return packages. One is for UPS, other for Fedex. First I tried to schedule pickup on both websites, neither worked, then I try to find a contact phone number for UPS, I had to search for UPS, Fedex was on the their web. UPS is picking up between 9am & 7pm and Fedex between 1-5pm. UPS is charging $10.50, Fedex $zero. Who's screwing who here? The closest drop off is 40 miles away and the drop off boxes are too small to put the package in and Im not trying to ship an elephant either. UPS store hours are 8-10am and 4-6 pm. Guess what they werent open at 4pm last Friday and I didnt have time to wait for their lazy rearend to get in there to work. Go figure that. What is this nation coming too? Looks like a bunch of slakers work at UPS. Fedex gets my vote,I will never use UPS again and will bad mouth them every chance I get. I really hope they read this website. I doubt they do, they think they have the market cornered on shipping. My only dissatifaction with Fedex was when I called a foreigner took my order and was hard to understand, outsourcing does not set well with Midwestern middle class working folk, shame on you Fedex but thanks for not charging me for the pickup. You are forgiving for now.

UPS is a big ripoff. I sipped a copier taht I estimated wieght 150 pounds and prepaid $292.

I then ge a dditional bill inthe mail for 236.90 because it the actual wieght was 276. I paid $1.91 per pound for a total of 528.94.

the cost of shipping on my new boat was less than that. Don't ship UPS

yeah listen to bikky. a lot of times when you call to have a prepaid package picked up they will charge you.

the return label is paid for by the shipper so why would you pay for something that is already paid for.

you can hand it to a driver or take it to the store or a place where ups delivers to all the time. btw fedex is garbage.

Why do people think the UPS stores have anything to do with how the company is ran?? They are independently owned and operated.

UPS delivers packages sent to them, and picks up anything that is shipped through them, that's it. I am also confused about your return label. If it is a prepaid label on the box, where are the charges coming from? Did the UPS store try and charge you, or was UPS charging to schedule a truck to pick up at your place of residence?

If the label is already on the package, you can find any driver in your area and just give it to them. or put it in a drop box if it fits.

View more comments (2)

UPS - Never recieve your package

So I sent a package to my friend via a UPS authorized shipper. They require signature but my friend works; they tried to deliver it 3 times and of course this was all in afternoon so they were all rejected because of the lack of signature. Here's the kicker: My friend even wrote a NOTE saying "please leave by the doorstep" with her signature and they fail to honor this. I don't know what to do any more, I am at my wit's end. I tried calling customer support but they do not have a live person who can help me. The package is now being returned to shipper, and it had cost me $20 to ship it. If anybody has any ideas, PLEASE HELP ME! For what it's worth, I am using USPS or FedEx from now on. They have a live number I can call.

like John said below just because you sign the door tag, it doesnt require the driver to leave it if its not safe. drivers probably had problems in that area before and hes still responsible for it.

Same experience up here in Canada completely disreputable company

It clearly states that his friend left a note along with her signature and on all infonotice, this is allowed. You can call 18008339943 and press 0 to talk to live representative and they should be able to refund the shipping costs.

cough cough it's not like UPS or driver takes responsibility. the best they do/say is sorry there is nothing we can do at this time.

yes i am saying this out of anger but not without evidence. cough cough

Since the driver would be be responsible if anything were to happen to the package, they're not required to leave a package without a signature if they decide it's not a good idea. (ie.

bad neighborhood, weather, high value, etc.)

You could have requested a signature waiver when you first sent it, that probably would have done it. This is what any private carrier would have done.

View more comments (3)