Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
UPS has stolen another package. My property was scanned 4 times the at the warehouse the last being out for delivery so it went onto a truck. There the trail stops as far a public knowledge goes. They are not talking. I have gotten enough conflicting information and...

yup...never knew they stole until my package was sliced open and not repackaged

View more comments
Review
I came home from work, intact mailbox...one hour later, UPS package delivered, mailbox run over and smashed. I took pictures of the damage to Bill Peck, UPS supervisor in Laconia, NH. He checked with the driver and looked at truck...the driver denied hitting my...
InstructiveAdeliePenguin

I am finally at my wits end with UPS. on August 3rd, 2018 at 3:20pm Central time, A UPS driver delivering a package to my house HIT and damaged my mailbox!

As you can see, the driver bumps the mailbox then gets out his truck, fixes the mirror, adjusts the mailbox and leaves without notice. We were home at the time. It doesn't look like much from our video since it's not the highest quality surveillance system, but when we went to get the actual mail the 'door' of the mailbox was broken off and just hanging on 'by a thread' so to speak. Also, the mailbox itself became very wobbly and unstable off the post.

So he balanced it back in place! By the time we noticed the mailbox and such on August 3rd, the UPS center was closed for the day. We tried calling anyway, but of course no answer. So we attempted to contact UPS on August 4th, a Saturday and were told we would get a callback, which we did.

We were told to email a copy of the video to him (the manager) and allow a week for them to 'investigate' and get back to us. That week came and went with no callback and no follow up. We ended up filing a police report for a hit and run for documentation and from that point, I began contacting UPS on a regular basis through Facebook and Twitter and have been getting nothing but the runaround. I have been told on multiple occasions that they escalated my complaint and I would hear something back on X date (usually 1 or 2 days depending on the rep I spoke to).

That day would come and low and behold, no call was ever made to follow up. It's been the same cycle or bull and lies with no results. The only follow up I get is when I press on through social media. Heck, they even blatantly lied on one of the messages saying that someone spoke to us - yet we never even received a call, let alone spoke to someone!

It is absolutely ridiculous that UPS is giving us such a hard time to replace property they damaged when we caught the act on video. All this for a $34 (plus tax) mailbox! We have been asking for this to get replaced since the incident happen and we're about to hit the 2-month mark of no results. I have messaged upon messages on Facebook and Twitter with all their false promises.

We just want our mailbox replaced so we can stop using the one they broke that we had to 'jimmy rig' to work properly. I'm guessing this is the normal standard because upon a little research I see UPS has a history of damaging peoples property and not fixing/replacing it. UPS even had the nerve to tell me to file a claim with my insurance company.

Why would I file a claim with MY insurance when UPS was the cause of the damage?! Here's our video evidence of the UPS driver hitting the mailbox and actually going over there and fixing the mailbox to balance on the post (no, the driver did not notify us of the damage, just hit it, tossed the package, and left - yes, the other camera caught the driver literally dropping the box on the ground, which was heavy, rather than placing it as my normal drivers would do): https://youtu.be/OXa72TTNBOA See all the photo evidence of the damage and chat conversations with UPS in my blog post here: http://bit.ly/2Nq9GWl

View more comments

Do not use UPS!!

I have never had as bad of an experience as I have with UPS. I have never nor will I ever use them in my personal business. I hate that companies use them as a delivery service and will not order from anyone who chooses to ship with them. They never make the "delivery attempts" that are indicated on their system. I have frequently failed to receive any "notices" and have made to make long treks out to warehouses to retrieve my packages. Just recently, I was made to wait 45+ minutes outside of a warehouse in Queens, NY while a lazy employee "looked" for my package. When I called the main #, they told me that the system said I had already received my package. What?! When the guy finally did come, he said "it's your fault you weren't home." The arrogance! Then the same lazy employee said "use FedEx next time then." You can be assured I will. Never use this company! It is the WORST!!

I have had lie after lie and broken promises on several deliveries and would advise if you live in U.K certainly not to use UPS if you want to keep your customers you would think if a parcel failed next day it would be one of the first but not with UPS 5 days later and still they cannot be botherd in braintree essex region and lie and lie lie lie lei

UPS is the biggest POS I've ever seen in a shipping company... Weather delays, unrelated power outages causing packages to not be delivered!!!

Give me a break? I have to work in this stuff, USPS works in this stuff; Fed Ex works in this stuff, but UPS cant seem to get their stuff together... I guess their colors are a true representation of what the company is... *** BROWN!

Kim, when I pay for a service... the world *** well better revolve around me!

i like you kim. they make 3 attempts on each package. your lucky it just didnt get sent back to the shipper

They don't want you to use them either. You sound like a *** who thinks the world revolves around you.

Maybe you should make a better effort to be there to sign for your package. Loser

View more comments (3)
Loss

UPS in North Wilkesboro, North Carolina - UPD driver would not wait for COD payment

Receptionist intercomed to give amount on COD, then called to say driver said he did'nt have time to wait and left which surprised her. Manager said lodge complaint. Was told they would contact us in an hour. Called back that afternoon and they said they had put urgent on the request. Never heard until next morning. Rena in Bristol, Va left message to call. Did: Wanda said Renea on line, would have her to return call. After 2 hrs, I called back. Per Barbara, Renea had left, leaving note saying no good number. duh. She called and left message first. UPS is not consumer friendly in this opinion. Will try to use and request other carriers.

good job kim! hairysmart your not so smart.

if you ordered something cod then you should know the amount & be expecting it. u act like the drivers have time to wait around on your responsibility. they have enough to do.

people like you make it so they get home to their families later. have some consideration.

That made absolutely no sense. Very confusing.

Why didnt you have the check ready if you placed an order you owed money on? They make three attempts anyways, you can have it ready for them the next day.

Review

Merchandise smashed in shipment. UPS wont answer me

I ordered a Krups toaster oven from E Bay. When delivered, the bottom element was shattered rendering the oven useless. I complained to UPS. They went through a great rigamirole, and told me to have the item ready for shipment to their place thats assesses damage etc. They told me they would pick it up today. I cancelled appointments I had and stayed home all day. ( I couldnt even work in my garden in caes I didnt hear them ). No one came. When I called to ask why, the repesentative said that they were not going to pick upthe item that it was the responsibility of the shipper.When I asked what am I supposed to do wirth the broken oven, they said I could send it back to the shipper. When I asked who would have tpo pay for that, they said I would. So now Im stuck with an oven that was destroyed by UPS, and they wont do a thing about it.

For future reference, if you have a scheduled pickup, you can leave it on porch for them to pick up. You don't have to be home, unless you are worried about theft.

Sounds like there's a miscommunication here. No UPS rep is going to tell that it's the responsiblity of the shipper to pick up a damaged item.

Either way, you are not responsible for the damages. Ebay sellers have to complete the sale, which includes having it arrive to you in one piece.

If they don't do that, they don't get paid. Dispute the charges.

Review

UPS staff are all IDIOTS!!!!

I hate myself for using UPS again... I've had so many terrible experiences with them. My very first experience was getting a package from Cinncinati to Montreal where I paid the highest premium to get my goods delivered. It took them THREE weeks to get me my package. I could have mailed it via regular mail to have it sooner!! My second experience was worse... I went fishing in British Columbia and had $500 worth of fish expedited to me with UPS. They delivered it to the wron address on a Wednesday and told me they would TRY to get it back. They only did get it to me a week later when all the fish was spoiled due to the fact that the ice melted!!! This week, I was expecting an 85 lbs guitar amplifier to be delivered from California to Alberta... they have tried to deliver the item to a sister company of ours instead of the address listed on the parcel... now they have lost it!!!! MORONS!!!! I am the Vice President of a large chemical company and have instructed my staff to ban UPS from any and all future business.

(sorry for the theft of the above 2 sentences). Called the guy at UPS who refused to tell me his name at 3: 12 PM on 7th Dec. 2012. After a while of telling him my opinions about UPS.com being unable to find where to update my debit card info on UPS.*** he told me he is hanging up on me because he dislikes the way I talk English to him.

The next one was a female who transferred me to a supervisor "ALBERT" who had a very heavy accent and I could not understand him a bit and he told me a lot of unnecessary words etc. briefly he was a useless one and finally after wasting 10 min.of my time he offered to transfer me to the right department. VICTOR was the next guy and he soon after let me know he was the wrong department as well. Stephanie was the 6th person and she took care of my debit card update and none of them explained to me how UPS.*** works online to update one's debit card expiration date.

Again, I hate myself for using UPS again... P.S.: I hate captcha, but yours is a good one.

Whaat kind of *** you have to be to post a fish???

We have an *** (Maximus) calling an *** (Original Poster) an ***. Does that clear it up for you?

Plus you are right about shipping Canadian fish he should be shipping American fishes. And I am sure the U. S.

Customs Dept is not set up to handle perishable items. Plus who in this world would want to eat the fish they caught on a fishing trip.

Correct ME if I am wrong Priceless, but I think Maximus is referring to the person who posted the original message, not me. I was simply calling myself an *** so I could save the person who made the complaint the trouble.

It is impossible to reason with people like that, as they simply resort to name calling to get a point across.

I am not sure about whether they insure food or not, but Shipping a perishable through customs, where it can get held up (NOT UPS FAULT) sounds like a gamble to me. I have never heard of it being problem, then again I don't know anyone who kills wild animals in other countries to have them shipped back.

Couldn't a person just make arrangements with the airlines they travel with? Must be a business owner thing....

We have an *** calling an *** an ***.

Correct me if I am wrong but UPS does not insure food

MX6Maximus
#162049

You get what you pay for. Quit trying to save a few bucks & insure the parcels. UPS staff get the boot when they screw up insured packages.

#162001

Such an immature comment coming from a supposed professional. You should be embarrassed.....UPS offers insurance options and refund policies for mistakes made on their part.....save yourself the time, because what do I know? I'm just an *** also.

#161980

US drivers are pretty good. Canadian ones are idiots though, from what I hear.

View more comments (7)

UPS delivery service sucks

I called Friday afternoon, July 2, to make the change request and this is what I had to put up with today: Tuesday, July 6 99° F Partly Cloudy 07/06/2010 8:34 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY 07/06/2010 8:19 A.M. THE DELIVERY CHANGE REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE HAS BEEN COMPLETED / AS REQUESTED, THE RECEIVER WILL PICKUP AT A UPS FACILITY AT THEIR CONVENIENCE. THIS MUST BE WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS 07/06/2010 8:18 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN 07/06/2010 5:07 A.M. DESTINATION SCAN 07/02/2010 1:34 P.M. THE RECEIVER WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO SIGN ON THE 2ND DELIVERY ATTEMPT. A 3RD DELIVERY ATTEMPT WILL BE MADE 07/02/2010 11:18 A.M. A DELIVERY CHANGE REQUEST FOR THIS PACKAGE WILL BE PROCESSED / AS REQUESTED, THE RECEIVER WILL PICKUP AT A UPS FACILITY AT THEIR CONVENIENCE. THIS MUST BE WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS

Ups complaint

i ordered a camera from cameta camera. i used my paypal acct. they DIDN'T use my verified and confirmed paypal address. ups marked the delivery as undeliverable, address incomplete or missing and refused to deliver. i am out 1 day of work and had to cancel an activity scheduled for later that night. ups customer service said to call cameta camera and have them update the address and ups would reshedule delivery for the next day. the customer service rep didn't tell me that it had to be done that night. they knew that but i didn't. what they did know however, was that i told them that the camera store was closed and i wouldn't be able to call until the next day. so at 8:30 pm i contacted my employer and asked for ANOTHER day off (without pay) and waited until 9 am the next day to call cameta camera. when i did, they said that their info showed the camera had been marked for return to them at 8:30 the previous night by ME, 1 minute after i hung up with the ups customer service rep (who told me it would be resheduled for delivery the next day). ups made 1 attempt to deliver to an address that was obviously incomplete. they didn't hold the item for 1 complete 24 hour period. they returned it to the vendor against my instructions and in direct contradiction to what their customer service rep said would happen. it is scheduled to be delivered to the camera company on the 12th and resent to me with delivery on th 17th, i ordered this camera 3 times from cameta camera starting on 22 june and sold my previous camera thinking i would have a replacement. IF i get the camera back on the 17th it will have been close to a month for a 3-4 day transaction to have occurred. totally unacceptable and unprofessional. somehow i'm wrong and i'm at fault and neither of the 2 companies involved seem to want to take any of the blame for their mishandling of the purchase and shipping. IF and when it is finally delivered i will have been out of 3 DAYS of work without pay waiting for delivery. that's approximately $600 of lost wages. this turned out to be 1 expensive camera. i am absolutely dissatisfied with the way ups handles theirr business and my merchandise. i will never buy anything again that must be sent ups. ever.

Your are total correct. UPS's customer service people are the worst of the worst.

They are terrible along with all others at UPS when you make a call to them. No customer relations. Always reading from a script and can not think for themselves. They could not find themselves out of a box.

We, the customer nd shipper, payd your salaries. Brown, what can you do for me?

*** ME! Federal Express Delivers!

1st of all, the company you ordered it from sent it to the wrong address, not UPS. 2nd, in order for something to be returned after only one delivery attempt, the receiver(you) must refuse it.

Some companies however will automatically prompt a return if one of their shipments is undeliverable. Your issue is with the camera company, not UPS.

Review
Used UPS Store and had son's retainer delivered to him in Rome while on vacation. 80$ for overnight service on June 8th. UPS Store mucked up a piece of needed info. First attempt on June 18th. Held hostage until June 23rd. UPS Store "paid" charges to send back to...

There is no overnight service to Rome, and no one at the UPS Store would have told you that. The transit times are right on the screen, they don't just make them up.

And by "held hostage" I assume you mean, but don't know, that Italian customs are the ones holding onto it because they are notoriously corrupt and do it all the time. They're probably going to try to collect a tariff on the next delivery attempt as well, so be ready for that.

UPS Billing errors

I closed my UPS account months ago yet I continue to get bills from the company for packages that I did not send? Customer services acknowledges my closed account but said that someone could use my account number and their system would reopen the account. The company has a flaw in its computer system that allows closed accounts to be reopened and used without authorization from the account holder. I have raised this issued on several occasions but they don't really seem to care about this flaw in their system. It makes you wonder what other flaws they continue to overlook in their systems.

The glitch is in your particular account. Whoever you spoke to when you tried to cancel your account obviously didn't close it properly.

Someone could theoretically manually write in a fraudulent or inactive account number on a waybill, but they certainly don't send you a bill after you've closed the account.

That would be absurd. You're not responsible for any of those charges.