Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS ruined my granddaughters baby picture that were going to be showed for her college graduation.

I have been trying to get UPS to reimburse me for pictures (23)that were water damage since 4/23/10 and to this day all I get is excusies.I have a tracking number and a claim number and to this date 8/4/10 I have not heard from none of them.I RECOMMEND AND ADVISE EVERYONE TO THING TWICE BEFORE SENDING ANYTHING THROU UPS.THEY COLLECT THE MONEY BUT IF SOMETHING IS RUINED AND IT'S THIER FAULT, THEY UPS WILL TRY TO WEAR YOU OUT. THE NEXT STEP FOR ME IS GO TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT.

Handle with care doesn't mean anything to any carrier, fedex and the post office included. (Conveyor belts can't read) The idea is pack an item properly.

Mystar

yep UPS can't be trusted...especially with packages you care about because they don't care about them...i've heard some pretty sad stories from friends who've worked for UPS. Handle with care on the side of a box doesn't matter to them and it's usually asking for trouble. fedex is the best!

Review
#192445 Review #192445 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Another UPS screw-up

Well, UPS has done it again with yet another company from which I have ordered an item. UPS delivered my item to the post office. Yep, each time I have had this happen (3 times so far. You'd think I would learn.), I have been informed that my item will be shipped by UPS to my home addres. I double and triple verify this before making the purchase. Each time I have tracked the shipment it has landed at the post office less than 1 mile from my home. UPS does not tell anyone that they decide what parcels under 10lbs will be sent to the post office. The parcels just end up there. So, after being tossed between JC Penney, who by the way is savvy to the UPS antics, and UPS who read me thier standard "it is the contract", I am now the consumer caught in the middle. WITHOUT A KISS! Sadly, I will not order anything ever again that is to be shipped by UPS. I am tired of this and now have no item to show for my payment. And, get this. There is no way that I can file a complaint with UPS! Imagine that! They can screw up all the shipping that they want and never have to hear from a customer! Even their Customer Service Reps tell me that there is no way to register a complaint. So my final revenge is to talk to the company that I work for and request that they not renew their contract with UPS and negotiate a contract with a different shipping company. I know that nothing is perfect in the shipping world, but there have to be better companies than UPS! Never again...never again...

Dear Ohio Concerned Consumer:

I personally work for JCPenney in Customer Service and can tell you that you are not the only person that has had these troubles. UPS Basic is a newer shipping method that UPS is using. This method of delivery is used for packages under a certain size and weight.

While MOST packages are delivered by your postal carrier within three business days, occassionaly problems do occur. If your order has not arrived, please call JCPenney Customer Service. Let them know your order was sent via UPS Basic and that USPS has not delivered it. The representative will be able to assist you further.

I hope this helps! :~)

Ohio,

Are you even paying attention to what is people are trying to tell you? Yes your package was sent UPS. UPS BASIC is a service that Many companies such a JCpenny use because it is the cheapest shipping option possible. Yes, maybe they did misinform you, but it is not a problem caused by UPS. All I am saying is that they did not misdeliver your package.

The same thing happened to my wife, she thought UPS would deliver it. When it arrived though, I noticed the label had a double barcode, one for UPS and one for USPS.

Ohio Concerned Consumer you should go read Glenh complaint on the UPS Store board before you take any advice from him.

Hey Ohio Concerned Consumer....if you complain about UPS on this site, most of the replies you get will be from UPS store franchise owners who hate people who complain about UPS...all ups complaint links have most of the same people dogging you, and the ones with new names are the same people who make another account. I agree with you, UPS sucks as do the people on here who side with them when you are the customer....where is the old "the customer is always right"....long gone when it comes to UPS. I found a ton of other sites to complain about UPS that are not monitored by UPS goons....Google them and post complaints there.

LOL. t and John S.

JCP has customer service reps specifically dedicated to the shipping problems associated with UPS.

When the JCP CSR can read to me from their contract, I'd say they know what they are talking about. Do you two work for UPS?

The company you ordered from used the cheapest method of shipping via ups basic service whereby the packages get delivered to the post office. Complain to the company you purchase from.

#171925

So you're angry with UPS because the company you ordered from uses UPS Basic, which is basically a UPS/USPS hybrid service. The operator was right, it is the contract.

It's what the company requested UPS to do. Your frustration is completely misplaced.

View more comments (6)
Review
#192346 Review #192346 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS lip

#1za21v920391652858. Instead of a wrong address email, the local branch sent it to any name they had in system. I called to correct and Jennifer 1967632 called from a local branch and took the info. 2hrs later i received a "front door delivery" at the wrong address. Again I called and spoke with support and they said they wold contact the local office. The same employee called me back and in no way was i rude. Before I could even explain the email when said in a very nasty manor "what, I'm returning your call for the second time. "like i told you before i took care of it" I am a supervisor" and a few other snide remarks. I commented on her customer service skills and she said "oh, I'm glad you told me me that, I'm glad you made me aware". I said I would expect a courteous email to clarify an address rather then just dropping to any address in the system. She said "we don't do that".This by far is the worst experience as a customer i have ever experience ever.
Review
#192300 Review #192300 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS *** - billing extra after delivering package

UPS delivered an overnight letter, yes letter, UPS printed overnight envelope, I paid with credit card $25 for this overnight package. Two days after the package was delivered I get this email that UPS will charge my account extra $7.85 because someone at UPS says letter was 12"x9"x1". I am not surprised with their CUSTOMER NO SERVICE response of our computer says the letter was 1" thick. I had no idea that a CD and one page letter in an envelope could be 1" thick. What a scam... I should have never paid it with my credit card. WARNING: Do not pay UPS with a credit card....

Well, it's not 0" thick, lol. You obviously put in the wrong dimensions when you processed the package.

Review
#192195 Review #192195 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS is a joke

I had two items being shipped to me via UPS - a book that costs about $6 that wasn't at the local bookstore and a pair of shoes for a wedding. The book arrived on Day 1 at 5:10pm and the delivery guy left a note on my door saying that I had to sign for it. I missed him by about 20 minutes. The next day, both items come at 3:30pm. A note is left on my door, once again stating that I must sign for the package. I get the option to sign the back and leave it on my door so I do. On Day 3, the delivery guy comes at 2:30pm, puts the new notice just above the signed one, and leaves. I work an hour north of where I live. I look into the option of picking up my package, and both packages are automatically put on call to a place 40 minutes south of where I live (giving me a drive of 1 hr 40 min after work). I look up locations on the website and see that there is one 15 minutes away from me AND on the way home from work. I call UPS and I'm told that I can only pick up the package in the location far south. I am told that I will have to pay for a change of address to have it delivered to the closer location. I ask why they did not leave the package when I signed for it and she tells me it is up to the driver's discretion. I ask why the driver did not leave the package at the front office of my apartment complex. She tells me it is up to the driver's discretion. I call back later to try to get someone else. I'm told I can have the packages redelivered for $6 each (remember that one only had 2 failed delivery attempts and the other only cost $6 in the first place). She tells me that if I have a leasing office, they will deliver there. I told her that they had not. She states that I can have the address changed to the front office for a fee. I state that I had already signed for the package and it was ignored. She tells me that they won't deliver to apartment complexes when no one is home. In the past, the front office got the package if it had to be signed for. Otherwise, it was left at my door. This has been the case since I started living in apartments 3 1/2 years ago (I've been here for over a year). They will only hold my package for 5 business days and I can only pick up on weekdays between 10:00am and 6:00pm. I am on vacation out of town next week. These packages were already both running late. UPS is quickly becoming a bad joke.

I agree, they're a bunch of *** over their! Aussie *** hey they don't need to be a high school grad to work there? :(

And to add to yesterday's comment, my new backpack and a second package were stolen from my door. Thanks a lot, UPS. Thanks a lot, klepto.

I never expected the package to be in two places at once. I did, however, expect that they could transfer between facilities.

I thought the stolen item thing may have been the case (as I had a video game stolen from my door two months back - also UPS). Then I got two more items delivered this morning. I put up a note "PLEASE deliver to front office. THANKS!" They left it at my front door. I just called the front office to be sure - they have not received anything from UPS.

Hopefully my packages will be there when I get back. They definitely cost a lot more than that book.

"I look up locations on the website and see that there is one 15 minutes away from me AND on the way home from work. I call UPS and I'm told that I can only pick up the package in the location far south."

Did you expect the packages to be in two places at once?? lol.

Seriously though, if you signed a door tag and the driver still did not leave the packages, then you can bet that there have been items stolen recently off of people's porches in your apartment complex, and that's why he no longer does it. If that's the case, then no unfortunately the driver will not leave it, for insurance purposes. It stinks that dishonest people have to ruin it for everyone else in the neighborhood.

View more comments (3)
Review
#191530 Review #191530 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Ups is the worst company in the world

I am shopping a package with UPS and I am told it will be four days delivery overseas and I could make it a day sooner for an extra 3 dollars. This is the first time I shipped international with them. they tell me the package will be there in three days, then they add three dollars to the shipment and two days later I find out it will take 10 days delivery time. *** people working for them. So my package cost more and is delivered later. Thanks for making it the last time I ship for you. ***

Did you even read how you typed out that paragraph? You sound like an degenerate!

loser. use common sense, ***!

It's either being held up in customs,(your government) or you live in a *** country where it takes a long time to get things.

Review
#191142 Review #191142 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS NEEDS TO FIRE SOME DRIVERS!!!

Okay, Last Christmas A BUNCH of packages for me were delieverd to a house down the road from me! Luckily with me DRIVING ALL THE WAY TO THE UPS store and waiting forever for it to open, I got my packages back christmas eve night!!! YESTERDAY, while I was at work, UPS dropped a small package off on my porch...Our House NUMBER IS RIGHT THERE IN BIG LETTERS!!!! Also as your driving up our road we put our house number too!!! So the package was suppose to go to another house right close to us...His House NUMBER WAS ALSO CLEARLY NOTICEABLE!!!!!! But heck no the UPS driver gave it to us!!! What is WRONG WITH THESE DRIVERS????? I think they RACE to a house and hope its the right house and get out as quick as they can!!! FIRE these drivers that have the address RIGHT UNDER THEIR NOSES!!!!!

Are you an ***? Do you go to playgrounds and beat up the kids there for sport.

You can't keep someone's package and i hope they press charges. You're such a freakin' ***.

The driver facked up,so give them their shi!t a$$shole. Idiots like you *** me off.

lol, i hope your *** fits in nice n tite in your *** hole.

What the *** is wrong with you?

i hope u do rot in jail donot blame ups because u hit a 2yr old for peeing on your *** lawn rot in jail ***

Because of UPS I AM NOW BEING CHARGED by our neighbor. They CALLED THE POLICE ON ME.

I recused to give them the contents in the package since UPS LEFT THE PACKAGE ON MY PORCH. I told them that I am keeping it since IT APPEARED ON MY PORCH. After the neighbor called the police on me, the police made me give the content to my neighbor, and my neighbor still wants to press charges, all because I slapped their two year old daughter for peeing on my lawn. Take this, the *** police refuse to press charges against the two year old who peed on my lawn.

When I told the mother this she said she is just being toilet trained and has accidents sometimes and that her 18 year old daugter could not get her to the washroom on time. Because of UPS I got in trouble with the police and possibly face a criminal record for theft. THEIR WORKERS NEED TO BE FIRED AND THEY NEED TO BE SHUT DOWN. All their fault that my neighbor is more angry at me and wants to press charges against me.

Thanks for ruining my life. With a criminal record I will never find another job.

View more comments (4)
Review
#191001 Review #191001 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS in Milwaukee, Wisconsin - Sloppy driver parking

5431 S. Tuckaway Circle; Greenfield, WI 53221. 1745 driver was parked in the middle of the parking lot - he could have parked to the side but no had to park in the middle of the drive blocking residents for 15 minutes. Rookie Driver? Black driver thinks he owns the entire parking lot? What an ***. Will have to reconsider other shipping methods next time instead of UPS. Apparently the drivers for UPS's little green turds all need to learn some parking etiquette. I've also received packages in the milwaukee area lately that have had there contents hanging out so to speak upon arrival. You call this service. Take your union and find a real job.
Review
#190579 Review #190579 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS has damaged and thrown away another of my packages!

I have a commercial account with UPS. I have had it for 25 years! Over the years the service has gotten worse and worse. I would rate it down there with USPS or lower. Business has been bad because of the economy for more then 3 years now and customer satisfaction has always been important especially now days to hold on to what you have left. My shipping has dropped by about 80% in 10 years to about 3 packages a week. Because my shipping amount has dropped my weekly pick-up rate has gone from $10 to $20 per week! Does that make sense? They drive by here whether or not they pick up. Now days they have damaged at least 10 % of my shipments. To add to that because of the contents which are very thin pieces of plastic, about the thickness of your hair, they don't bother picking them up, they just throw them away! To add to that with the last package they destroyed and threw away it took them 2 weeks to notify me that they threw it away. Doesn't that just make me look wonderful to my customer when their order is that late and then it takes additional time to remake the order. How is a lost customer and the revenue from that customer replaced? In conclusion, is the UPS company a reliable and responsible company? I think NOT! UPS............this will be the demise of you! Ted Disberry AA Accuracy Die Co.

Guess Timmy the driver didn't get the gist of the message- hahaha! Typical ups dance

I am a driver and I am not sure what the exact charges are for having a pickup account. I do know they have recently informed us about more pickup options.

What you are paying for is a scheduled daily pickup. You might be interested in having a pickup once or twice a week which my be cheaper.

Like I said not sure about the charges, but it is an option added as of this year. You should talk to your driver about it, he can send your information through the board to a sales specialist, who can contact you about available options.

Review
#190514 Review #190514 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS

UPS is unreliable! I had a package waiting to be delivered to my house. I was waiting the whole day, but I heard no UPS truck at my house. No rings on my doorbell and no knocks! This happened to me before and I ended up going to a Customer Support center which was 5 miles away from my house in order to get my package. My brother also ordered an package which was shipped by USPS. It was fast and reliable! The guy rang the doorbell, so we came downstairs and got our package. We didn't even need to sign it! Don't ship by UPS and don't buy items shipped by UPS!

I called them in order to arrange a pick-up at the customer support center. First it was out for delivery via the UPS Truck.

Ummm...they probably did not deliver your package because it was at the customer support center. It can't be two places at once. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that comment is kinda vague as what actually happened

Review
#190406 Review #190406 is a subjective opinion of poster.