Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Charleston, South Carolina - Stole 1/2 of the stuff in the box

I sell on ebay and sold a set of twin American Girl Bitty Baby dolls. When the box arrived, one of the dolls and the teeter totter were not in there. I see others have had this problem and know why UPS offers automatic insurance. Because they know they hire people who steal out of packages and they will have to reimburse customers. They ought to be made to take lie detector tests instead of drug tests. I do not know if I will ever use them to ship again. I trust USPS but not these people anymore. Thanks for reading

his don’t make since to me the UPS employee is going to open your box steel one of the dolls re-tape the box and send it on to your buyer. Why would he not steel both dolls, he is already risking his job just for the one.

I will bet you an ice-cream cone that the one that was stolen was the more expensive one.

And we all know e-bay buyers would never lie or try to get around the system. Could it be the buyer put a bid on 2 dolls hoping to get one and when they were the wining bid on 2 dolls one just had to get lost in shipping.

Yeah those UPS guys are crazy about American Girl Bitty Baby dolls, lol.

The box probably opened up due to poor packaging, (lots of empty space in the box) then some of the contents fell out. They're probably sitting in the lost and found. You should have them check.

Review
#197487 Review #197487 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

UPS Delivery ***!!!!

It's a little over a week now and I still haven't received an order I placed online to be delivered by UPS. I had the order to be shipped to my work location. My company owns our building and occupies the entire building so there are NO suites. First delivery attempt, the numbskull driver indicated "Suite number needed". So I called UPS and told them there are no suites and to please just delivery to the address I gave them which also consisted of the floor number, aisle number and cube number. Or, he could have left it downstairs at the security kiosk, who could have rang me. Second delivery attempt - driver indicated, Suite number needed. WTH? I had called them and explained everything, even gave them my home, cell and work phone number. So I again contacted UPS customer service and arranged to have the delivery changed. The customer service guy ASSURED me that there would be no more delivery attempts and I would have to pick it up from UPS facility. I said, "Are you sure?" and asked him to please note that on the package file. So, one day later, I driver over to the facility and guess what, Package is in Transit and not at the facility! Are you kidding me? I try to get the delivery address changed to my home address. Nope, you have to contact the sender. So I go home and call UPS customer service line again and they change the address for me. They ASSURE me that the delivery will be made before 1PM. I am sitting here in my home right now at 2pm and you guessed it: NO PACKAGE! UPS - Please hire competent personnel who possess more than an elementary education.
Review
#197431 Review #197431 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ups Delivery Service

UPS Brazil - received a money transfer (to pay the service), and did not collected documents yet

Five days ago a made a money transfer to pay for the service (I have no account, so you must pay before). After this a have done around 10 calls to them in order to receive a protocol for the withdraw of the documents at my home. I only hear from them is that the guys from Finance Dept. does not released the order to collect the documents. Hey guys, this is a money transfer, easy to check. Its really a shame the service of this company is doing downhere. They only tell you, "well sir, I am opening a protocoll in order to register your claim".... All what I need is the documents being shipped...not lies, or *** internal protocol numbers.

LOL @ rick. Yeah this isn't explained very well.

what the helll are you talking about?

Review
#197229 Review #197229 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS = lack of customer service or being at the mercy of the delivery driver

A UPS driver who has delivered many times to my property decided to leave a box in the fenced part of the yard - in access of my two dogs - ~110 and ~65 lbs. The driver didn't leave a note on the front door as has been the usual for the last 8 yrs. I didn't know the box had been delivered until the next day when I found the dogs chewing on some of the product. I called UPS 800# to file a claim and also a complaint on the driver. The claim is being taken care of, but it's the response both of the driver and toward me that's the shocker. I said to an UPS supervisor that I expected an apology from the driver. Instead, I rec'd a hostile rude call from the driver who did not apologize but tried to make excuses at the top of her lungs. It was after that call that I actually became angry. Before that I was just ticked off. I called back to UPS and told them about the call. I also said I did not want that driver back on my property. Their solution is absolutely mind-blowing: if I don't want that particular driver back, then I have to drive to the nearest UPS center to pick up my packages (for three diff. businesses). The closest center is 40 miles away. In the process of these exchanges I learned the following: 1. A driver has the right to refuse a change to a different route. 2. It takes 3 complaints before there will even be a letter of reprimand in the driver's file. 3. The customer is pretty much the victim of the bad driver since the driver can't be switched to a different route. 4. UPS doesn't care about the customers who have been victimized by careless or aggressive drivers. Registering a complaing will just get the customer treated like she is the bad guy in the situation. 5. From what I was told by people at my "local" office - the impression is that there's little UPS management can do and asking them to do anything is just a huge inconvenience to them. I will do my best never ever to initiate a shipment with UPS.

LOL Do you really think they're going to reassign a driver because your dogs chewed up the box??? Come on now.

Most people would just be satisfied that they got a refund and accept that sht happens sometimes. You're probably the kind of person who if your dogs jumped over the fence and attacked someone, you'd blame the company that built the fence. I'm actually surprised they gave you a refund, you were lucky to get it.

But then to push it even more and demand an apology is a little psycho if you ask me. Take some responsibility.

Maybe UPS should train its drivers not to be idiots. There is reason to suspect the driver intentionally placed the box so it would be damaged.

Even if she didn't, at least show some regret that the goods were destroyed. My dogs are very well trained, but the contents of the box were wool - smelled like animal to them. As it is, I'm not sure they even opened the box...looks like it popped open when it was tossed over the fence. The fenced area is their yard.

The driver knew that.

I see nothing wrong with seeking an apology for recklessness. I paid for that shipment, it should have been handled with due respect.

The driver messed up - an apology would have cost her nothing more than a little humility but would have purchased a lot of good will.

Problem is, John, there has been a system in place for the last 8 yrs. on where to deliver our packages if we're not there to collect them.

No driver has ever put them in with the dogs. This driver changed the routine and didn't even bother leaving a note on the front door to tell us where the package was. It's our monsoon season - protocol is to at least put the box in a plastic bag if it's left out (not in the back of my truck that has a cargo shell which is what's been done for all these years). When someone does something irresponsible - the dogs were right there when she tossed it over the fence - an apology is appropriate.

I didn't call and demand an apology - I was asked what was needed to make it right. As it was, the driver called and was hostile, angry, belittling, and rude. If it had rained I'd have lost the entire shipment.

I live on 2 acres - only a part is fenced. There was zero need for the driver to feed the box to the dogs.

you got your claim paid. you need an apology too?

how bout a card?

lol you should train your dogs not to eat things that arent food. dumb dumb dumb.

Drivers try to find a secure place to leave a package, like in an enclosed area, generally out of view of passer bys if possible. Sounds like this driver tried to do the right thing.

Either way, when you got the claim approved, that really should have been the end of it.

Calling and demanding a personal apology from the driver isn't right. You have to assume some responsibility yourself, as they are your pets.

I can understand why you are angry!! I would be LIVID!!!

I would do my best to avoid dealing with UPS too.

I have had issues of my own but not this bad. No more UPS!!!!

UPS is a union company and you would be smart by NOT using their service ever again in my opinion. I would try Fed-Ex!!!

View more comments (6)
Review
#196538 Review #196538 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Ups theft and fraud

eight vintage Italian bicycle wheels were stolen from me by a ups employee i was having the wheels shipped from Alabama to Maryland when the box arrived it did not have wheels inside instead there were office chairs stacked together. upon closer inspection of the box and shipping label i noticed the label had been removed from the original box and put on the box of chairs you can see the paper of the original box overlapping onto the fake parcel. not only did ups steal my wheels but they tried to stick me with a $150 delivery charge luckily i noticed the box wasn't right and did not open it, if i had i would have been stuck with chairs instead of wheels., of course all i get from ups is the "corporate run-around" never again I'll go fed-ex next time.
#191602

You were obviously screwed by the company you ordered from.

could have been screwed by the company you ordered it from too, drivers cant just create a new label and reroute things before delivering them.

Review
#196534 Review #196534 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS WILL NOT PAY WHEN THEY DAMAGE YOUR FRIEGHT

UPS is the worst company that I have ever delt with,there customer service is pure garbage and they lie through there teeth.I have brought car parts over the border and they treated my stuff like garbage and damaged it through there lack of respect and then ripped me off with there fuken broker fees.These fees are ten times the amount of what the post office would charge,what a bunch of fuken crooks.From now on when I see something on ebay that is ups only then I will not buy it and it can stay there! Still waiting for a damage claim that is over six months old and when I have asked for an update they tell me that they cant tell me anything due to privacy laws.CAN YOU BELIEVE SUCH FUKEN ***!DONT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

ugh *** idiots. LISTEN UP PEOPLE!

when you order something from a company and it breaks in transit you dont get a damage claim because YOU DIDNT PAY UPS TO SHIP IT. the company you ordered it from did. they get paid the claim then they reimburse you at least they should anyway.

every shipping company in the world works like this. use some common sense.

Review
#196501 Review #196501 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS in Spain is far worse

I have been waiting for UPS in Spain to get off their big end and deliver a package that arrived at their local distribution centre 4 days ago. It appears that working Saturdays or Sundays in Spain is just too hard and that Mondays and Tuesdays are reserved for waking up, yawning and scratching your private parts. The very rude lady I talked to at UPS in Zaragoza seemed to think it MIGHT be delivered tomorrow, if they can be bothered. If you think that UPS is bad in the US, you should try it in Spain and it will make you feel better.
Review
#196469 Review #196469 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS/ wrong delivery information

Scheduled delivery was on 08/30/2010. I was waiting for a pkg so I left a note for ups on my door to ring the bell. I checked ups at 1.30pm and the message was CUSTOMER UNAVALABLE 12.45pm. At 12. 45 pm i was waiting outside of building for pkg. I didn't see any ups driver coming to my place. Driver gave wrong information. no door tag found. called up 5 times. I did not get correct information. I call it harassment. like to know if i can have a consumer right to do with UPS.

"I call it harassment. like to know if i can have a consumer right to do with UPS."

LOL. Well said...

Review
#196403 Review #196403 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS ALWAYS LIES ABOUT ATTEMPTED DELIVERY

UPS I HOPE THEY GO OUT OF BUSINESS..THEY LIE ABOUT DELIVERIES SO THAT THEY CAN GO HOME EARLY, ESPECIALLY ON FRIDAYS...CUSTOMER SERVICE IS JUST AS BAD..... My mother took a day off just to wait for an important package and after waiting the entire day by the window..at about 5pm I read in status that they attempted delivery. WHAT A BUNCH OF ***..THEY LIED....IT IS IMPOSSIBLE THAT THEY ATTEMPTED THAT DELIVERY WITH SOMEONE SOOO WATCHFUL..... .PLEASE DO NOT USE UPS...USE THE UNITED STATES POST OFFICE OR ANYONE ELSE ...THEY ARE CHEAPER AND NEVER LOSE YOUR PACKAGE...CONSUMER ADVICE. THEY ARE GOING TO EVENTUALLY *** OFF THE WRONG BUSINESS OR PERSON AND THEY WILL BE EXPOSED OF THEIR FRAUDULENT BUSINESS TACTICS...JUST WATCH AND SEE.
#197349

I have been waiting for 3 weeks for a single package. the first 1 was thrown infront of my building and stolen, now the 2nd 1 has been bounced around, lost, allegedly arranged for pick-up and lost again. UPS can go *** the big 1, now I know why their color is brown like something else.....***

I have gone through this same exact problem THREE times in the past TWO weeks with UPS - DIFFERENT drivers each time! The first time I waited ALL DAY by my living room window.

Nothing! I found a slip pasted to my front door - UPS telling me that I was "NOT AT HOME".....TWICE! A neighbor came over and told me that she saw the driver park down the street, walk to my door and stick the slip on my door and scurry off!

This happened AGAIN four days later!

The THIRD time I caught the guy red handed! These were all separate packages!

#182096

YES..THEY ARE THE WORST DELIVERY SERVICE IN THE WORLD...THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PACKAGES OFTEN LEAVING THEM IN PLACES THEY KNOW WHERE IT CAN BE STOLEN AND THEY ALWAYS AND I REPEAT ALWAYS MAKE YOU THINK THEY ATTEMPTED A DELIVERY AND THEN THEY MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE YOU ARE LIEING.... :(

View more comments (2)
Review
#196078 Review #196078 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Ups Delivery Service

UPS in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - How *** can a company be?

I am disabled. In order to get money to survive while I recover I had to liquidate an IRA for $5328, a significant sum to most people. The IRA company sent my chek via UPS overnight. It didn't arrive. When I called to have it tracked they said it was delivered that morning. What happened was the bubble-headed UPS driver left it in front of my house for anyone to see. The check was in an envelope and could have easily been put through the mail slot on my seurity door. $5328 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things but it was all I had...I hope they can appreciate the hardship they created for me by not using COMMON sense.

It's actually a federal crime for anyone other than the US Post Office to put anything in a mailbox or mail slot.

I have had my own issues with UPS but in this case, they did nothing wrong. You need have a stop payment put on that check and another check issued.

What hardship? UPS/Fedex/DHL can't use mail slots/boxes, it's actually illegal.

If the company sent it to you without a signature requirement, obviously you'd have to take it up with them. UPS just does what they're told by the sender.

And don't lie and make it sound as if you've lost $5328.00.

If a check gets lost or stolen, they cancel the check and write you a new one. Come on now.

View more comments (2)
Review
#195755 Review #195755 is a subjective opinion of poster.