Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Plant Opp Manager

We have a full time drive that never gets here before 11;30am to 1;30pm. the drivers that fill in for him are always here buy 10am. My work depends on UPSs deliverys and so do many other departments. we plan are work around these deliverys and just want to know why the main driver is always 2 to 3 hours later. we have called the branvh many times and the got where they wount even answer are phone calls and when we exspain what is happening and why we need the stuff the person says it will be there when it gets there. and with this driver it happens every time not just know and then it is every time. We ( the purchesing department and me ) no longer know whom to call. its just like it is a vendeta agaenst use with this one driver. whats the problem? please help use or tell me why this happens. please. My cell number is 605 670 2030.

have you tried talking to your driver? as a driver myself i do what i can to help my customers.

but don't complain about him without talking to him first. it usually doesn't work out in your favor.

Review
#203143 Review #203143 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Local UPS won't ship a firearm

The UPS store at 2020 Cabin Town Rd, Bloomington, IL would not ship a defective firearm back to the manufacturer without the Manufacturers FFL. I called the UPS customer service and learned this is not UPS policy, it is just the policy of the local UPS center. I run a small business and ship packages often, upon until now I used UPS for nearly all my shipping. I will be using FedEx now. The local UPS center and the help line all give a run around. I am very disappointed UPS doesn't have a web sight where complaints can be filed.
#200523

It's not really a UPS Store policy, it's just that you need a special permit to ship firearms, which you have to pay for, renew, get inspected for, etc. It's just more hassle than it's worth for a small franchise store.

UPS doesn't own or staff UPS Stores. Just take it directly to your local UPS hub/warehouse, no need to complain really lol.

Review
#202630 Review #202630 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS Lost my Goods !!

I shipped very expensive sickinger punch tools to my customer. $4000 worth, RED Label overnight. I strapped them securely to avoid damage. I didn't bother with insurance since I packaged it so well. My customer never received them, and they are no where to be found in the UPS system. $4000 worth !! If not found I will be out several thousand dollars. The UPS Store scanned it, but once the driver picked it up we can no longer locate it ?? It has been several days now after a tracer search has been put out, and still nothing. How can they not no where it is ? And why would it not be scanned in the UPS system somewhere ??
Review
#202518 Review #202518 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

UPS and Purolator - i'm still waiting

Dear UPS, its been 4 weeks and i'm still waiting for my package. After two weeks of calling you and never getting that promised phone call back, you finally admitted that you lost the package, or well actually your subcontract company Purolator lost the package. I'm still waiting on the "trace" from a week ago and the phone call i was supposed to receive. I'm certain that the purolator driver decided to keep it for themselves and UPS customer service does not care. Never again will I use UPS/Purolator or buy from any company who ships through them. CANADA POST FOREVER !!!!
willy1994

That is not new news. This happens all the time.

they Automatically put them on hold for pickup. And now i have managers from UPS on the case to see what the *** is going on.

And when they have my package they loss it half the time. Purolator Sucks.

Canada Post own purolator.

#199860

lol canada post is much worse buddy

View more comments (2)
Review
#202367 Review #202367 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS in Scranton, Pennsylvania - Run around

I have put in for a pick up on the 6th of Oct. gave all the info and advised I have no label here at the hotel. well when ups came they did not bring a label nor did they pick up the package. I had to call customer service and after the runaround with the agent I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold for more than 5 min then they hung up. I realize they are a big company but they are not the only one. I at this time really don't want to use UPS cause of the service they provided
#198909

I used to have a retail store that made mosaics, the UPS delivery guy, used to think it funny to literally drop my packages on the floor at my door and kick them across the carpet to me! So skip forward a decade, and I want to ship 2 antique Chinese solid panels 4"x6' to my son as a wedding gift (NY to SF)....So I bubble wrapped them and then put a shipping blanket and more bubble wrap plus strapping tape and take it to the UPS service desk. The guy I know there, who over the years has been very helpful, was asked if he thought it was wrapped well enough to ship 3,000 miles safely... responded emphatically assuring me that YES it was!!!

WRONG..it arrived at my son's house literally in splinters and dust! AND feeling secure in my having assurances that it was safe DIDN'T THINK TO INSURE IT!!!!!!!!

Upon making a claim, I was asked for the original sales receipt&%%#$@# NOT...I bought it 10 years ago at an NYC flea market for about $500. SO I found an authority in Chinese antique imports and she appraised it from photographs at about $1500 and gave me a letter. I also found an antique dealer who had a small section very similar to my panel for sale at $250 who told me that UPS is told to reject ALL claims at least 3 times to hopefully get rid of the claimant...so I continued to pursue UPS. Then I got a check for $100 to settle the claim...and I know that if I cash it, the case is closed!..and my husband who is a lawyer, tells me to save my breath...BUT I"M PISSED and don't want them to get away with destroying shipments!!!

Similar story, with a better outcome...Once I had a car that was in a flood in a subterranean garage...the insurance were adamant about fixing it. Then I got a call from the repair shop saying that it was going to take a little longer to fix because it had caught fire while being repaired!!! THEN I REALLY didn't want it! So I wrote a letter to the President of the insurance company, copied the State's Insurance Commissioner and anyone else I thought should hear about it...I got a call within 2 days and was asked what I would settle for, so gave them the cost of the car (Porsche) included the cost of a rental for a month and they were out the next day to personally hand me a check for the FULL amount requested.

Should I not cash the check and continue by writing letters to every executive in UPS in the hopes of getting a better financial resolution???..or cash the $100 check and forget it and insure absolutely everything I send through UPS in the future?????...because they really are the only game in town.

#198906

Let me get this straight you call the UPS Call Center to arrange for a pick-up on a package that has no label then you depended on a operator to get all your info issue a label get it to the center that covers your area in time for to be picked up the next day. Then you leave your package with the hotel clerk I am betting the evening clerk with no label on it (I know the clerk said he would put a note on it) and it does not get picked up.

That has to be the shock of all shocks. Lets see the call center operator only handles about 40 to 50 calls an hour and you are giving three address, yours the recipient and the hotels no chance for a screw up there.

Then you rely on a hotel clerk to give it to the driver and probably not the same clerk you gave it to not the smartest move there and then you want a driver who has 150 to 200 stops a day to pick up your package so if a driver did come into the hotel ask for the package and the hotel clerk states no I have no package with a UPS Label on it I don’t think he is going to investigate what’s going on he’s on his way to the next stop.

I just got one question where can I file a complaint against Namalumoonshine

View more comments (1)
Review
#201923 Review #201923 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Never again with UPS. I will do anything to avoid them.

My experience buying the Manduka Mat and Mat Sak was so painful that if I tell you all the problems you may not believe it happened. But, it did. The package was to be delivered on Friday October 8 to my work address. I don't work on Friday's but I went to work especially to get my new mat. I kept checking the tracking and it said "package out for delivery." At about 3:30pm I called UPS because our regular driver is usually there by mid afternoon. Also, I had noticed that the address of my shipment looked strange on the invoice from Online Fitness. For whatever reason someone had put the street number on the same line as the name of my company. The UPS representative said, "Oh, it's OK. He's a trained professional; he'll be able to read what address it is supposed to go to. It will be delivered by 5pm." At 4pm, the update on the package was "driver couldn't read address, delivery rescheduled." I was livid. I phoned UPS and demanded my package be delivered to me. By now they mysteriously had the correct address as they did when I spoke to the first representative. They told me that the driver is at 144 Montague St. delivering packages if I wanted to run after him and get it. This address is a 15-minute fast walk from where I was but I said OK. I told her it would take me about 15 minutes and she said he would wait. When I got to Montague St., I stood by the truck waiting for the driver to come back. My cell phone rings. "We're sorry ma'am the package has never been with the driver. It is in our warehouse in Mayspeth." I was dumbfounded. Why these people don't know what they're doing is beyond me. She said, "If you want to come get it, you can get here by 8pm." I asked her if she was looking at the package. I also asked if it was TWO packages and she said "no, this is the only tracking number you gave me." I tried to explain that on the system it showed two boxes with the order. She assured me no it was only one box. So, since I live in NYC and don't have a car, I took two trains, a bus, walked about a mile and waited in line for over 20 minutes but I got my package. As I was leaving the UPS warehouse and waiting for the bus that would take me to my two trains for the ride home (3 hours round trip) I decided to take the mat out of the box and put it in the mat sak for easier carrying. Oh, wait though--there is no mat sak!!! I paid for the mat/mat sak package and only got a mat. I wrote the seller immediately. I have no more fight in me. It is the incompetence that is always shown with UPS and the bad luck of Online Fitness. The Online Fitness guy is always kind but that is starting not to mean anything to me. I filed a claim with UPS because their computer system still says there were two packages! I also filed a claim with Amazon. I hope to get my mat sak next week once they figure it out. But, from now on I will order directly from Manduka (I'm a yoga teacher and will order a lot) and I will insist they send it ANY way but UPS.
#198979

oh and im not a ups employee

#198978

putting the street number on the same line as your company name would be an incorrect address im afraid dear. ups doesnt make those labels.

the company who ships them does.

ups also doesnt pack the boxes so if you received an incomplete order your beef is with the company again. try and listen you may learn a thing or two instead of just blaming the easiest target.

#198851

If you read correctly, UPS had the right address all along. And even if they didn't it doesn't justify me running all over the city and then being given an incomplete package.

Rick one of the main problems with UPS is that you don't take responsibility but continually deflect--no genuine apology or attempt to make things right.

And this is why I will never use this company again. Indeed, if this were an isolated incident I might give them another chance but 99% of the time I am extremely frustrated with UPS service.

#198718

so the company you ordered it from addressed it incorrectly and forgot to include an item and you come on here complaining about ups? lol that doesnt make sense

View more comments (3)
Review
#201904 Review #201904 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS Damaged Insured package - will not pay up

I mailed a Laptop that I sent to my customer. She recieved it and found that it would not work (run). I had her send it back to me, and then I sent her a refund. I confirmed that the computer was not in the same condition as when I first shipped it. Filed a Claim. They come back and say the box was not strong enough. First, I ordered this box specifically for shipping this laptop which had custom foam cushioning inside. They said is was packaged find and no movement but that the BOX was "not strong enough to withstand shaking" The BOX has nothing to do with shaking!! On top of that after they were done inspecting my damaged laptop, they returned it to my customer; to the person I have already refunded their money to. I have other problem with damaged items through UPS after a long fight the claims were paid; which took 3-6 month each time. Lesson learned DO NOT USE UPS, and think that just because you insured it that they will pay up. They will come up with something!

UPS Store packed items are guaranteed. UPS has to pay on Store packed items as per their agreement Store's get a presumption of proper packaging.

It sounds like they used a laptop box, it should have been fine of course items can still get damaged even with proper packing.

UPS will pay the claim if it was packed by the UPS Store. If the store claims UPS/Crawford won't pay, call their bluff, ask for a copy of the denial letter, if they have one insist on a claim dispute and remind them they have a presumption of proper packing per their cdv agreement with UPS.

UPS Did the same to me. I had a laptop that was shipped back to me that my daughter took on her vacation.

I called the local ups store where she was and arranged for the shipment. She dropped it off and the UPS Store packaged it with no padding in the box. Needless to say, it was damaged.

Now they are denying the claim. Item was insured.

View more comments (1)
Review
#201436 Review #201436 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Really??? I hate ups!!!!!

So I called ups to try and change the name for the customer picking up the package to sign for it but they said due to the agreement of the contract from the sender they couldn't do it. So I then had to aak my son to sit at my house at his own time " loss of time at work" and wait for the package! Well apprantly ups guy shows up doesn't I guess know how to use the buzzer code system and that's attempt number 1..... He than apparently returns for a second attempt claiming that he couldn't find 419.... I don't know maybe between 418 and 420!!! Just a thought.... So now here I am expressing my anger to an Internet site where no ups person will ever see nor care if they do see.... And still waiting for the package.... I have a lot of swear words I would love to express to ups. But all I can say is that I will take time out of my day and prayers to pray that ups goes down in the business world and can't wait to hear that good news one day when I turn on the tv and hear that ups has gone under. My prayers are with the bankruptcy of ups!
#197716

Chris - You can't just have them leave it at a UPS Store. UPS Stores have nothing to do with trucks/deliveries. Most stores will accept packages for a fee, but this has to be arranged ahead of time, as opposed to just rerouting it if a delvery is missed.

#197588

Actually if you can't be home for the package you have two options...you can request that it is left with a neighbor or you can pick it up from a local ups store. There is a UPS store on almost every corner.

Problem solved. UPS has a schedule to keep up with just like everybody else in the world.

#197573

Could you please explain to me what the following statement means?

“So I called ups to try and change the name for the customer picking up the package to sign for it”

Is this English? While you are praying for ups to close down I will be praying you learn how to write

#197462

you want the whole company to go bankrupt, people to get fired, families to suffer just because your package is late? your a bad person.

View more comments (3)
Review
#201432 Review #201432 is a subjective opinion of poster.
I posted a wedding ring online through craigslist. The ring was worth $26000, but I had it for sale for $20000. I was contacted by a supposed couple that lived in Louisiana. They stated that they were headed to Denver for their anniversary. I spoke to them off and...

Hey, I feel for you. I went through the same *** with UPS.

I am in the wholesale business, and use UPS on every shipment. A customer contacted us once saying he had a few stores and needed some merchandise. He didnt want to put it on CC since the amount would be very large, so we went the route of UPS COD. We called UPS of course made sure it was Certified Check only, and insured our shipment with over $10k worth.

Once we shipped we tracked that delivery to the door, and even called UPS to make sure they picked up the Certified Check. After 3 weeks of course (UPS loves holding your cod check for weeks at a time for no reason) we got the check in the mail.

The second i opened up the mail i looked at the check and thought WTH why did UPS send me a photocopy of the check. And then i noticed, it wasn't a photocopy, it was the check the driver picked up!!! First off i must say, to everyone out there.

You 'CHRISTENHORTON01' was NOT joking when she said "looked like a 2 year old drew it on a piece of construction paper". The check (or paper i should say) looked like a type writer from 20 years ago type out everything. Nothing was aligned, and even the bank name it came from never existed. There were about 20 things i pointed out about the check to UPS that showed blantly that anyone that would take it knew it was not a check and just a piece a paper that was printed out.

Even the writing on the back portion of the paper was cut off, showing the person just flipped the paper over in their printer and printed a back side.

Through weeks back and forth with UPS they basically said "we did our part, we have no responsibility". I spoke with lawyers and even federal agents, and all of them basically said, 'if you go to court your going to spend more money than you will get back'.

In summary, DON'T USE UPS COD, its a SCAM that UPS probably gets a cut from the receiver on it. Its all a ploy to throw a piece of paper in your face and say 'deal with it'. I wouldn't be surprised if UPS used this option as a bonus to their 'best' drivers.

Like ' Hey Howard, you did so well this month on deliveries. Here is a COD shipment for working so hard.

You deserve it.' ' But wait make sure it's not a 5 year old who writes up the check. It must be 4 year old and under...' ...And then of course they go to their Christmas parties and share each others selfies as they are picking up the check.

View more comments
Review
#201230 Review #201230 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS in Fort Smith, Arkansas - Driver is a **** up

I hadn't received a package that I was supposed to have delivered on Friday, so I call the UPS customer service hotline. They told me that the driver had missed it, and I would have to wait until Monday, unless the shipper called and put a hold on it for me to pick it up. Then I would recieve a phone call within the hour to let me know when to come and get it. I never received a phone call, so I called Sunday for the **** of it, and they told me that they were sorry I didn't recieve a phone call, and that I could pick it up at 3pm-6pm on Monday. WTF I have more packages coming on Monday, and now I have to drive 2 freaking hours to their hub one way I might add, just to pick it up, or I can wait until Tuesday to have it redelivered. If they got my package at the hub where the others are, then I would guess that they would hold themselves to a bit of a higher standard, and send them all on Monday. WTF! This doesn't make sense that a customer is paying the price for a driver's incompetence. Am I going to reimbursed? NO! Am I going to lose cash? YES! and who rides off knowing he don't have to pay for his **** up? The *** driver that started all this. I hope he comes Monday while I am not here, unless he needs to hear part of the anger that he caused. Well, I can't believe that after only 2 months of using them, I will have no choice but to change back to Fed Ex where the policies are a bit different on circumstances like this. Way to go UPS, is that why they call you "UPS" (oooops)?
#196728

**** = bitchingg

#196727

are you going to get reimbursed? YES!

are you going to lose money?

are you going to stop ***? PROBABLY NOT!

#196689

You get reimbursed for late packages, happens all the time.

View more comments (2)
Review
#201064 Review #201064 is a subjective opinion of poster.