Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS in Riverhead, New York - Overnight delivery never showed up and was delayed an additional day

I ordered some items for overnight delivery and everything was shipped on time and was out for delivery on 10/26/10. I waited for UPS and was a bit concerned when they never showed up and it was 7pm. At 8pm I called and was told they are still out for delivery and that they will deliver it this evening. At 9:30pm I checked status on my package and it had the message: THE SCHEDULED CONNECTION WAS MISSED / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED Then 2 minutes later updated: AS REQUESTED BY THE CUSTOMER, THE RECEIVER WILL PICKUP AT A UPS FACILITY WITHIN 5 BUSINESS DAYS / CUSTOMER HAS CONFIRMED AND WILL PICK UP PACKAGES THIS EVENING Now I never requested it to be held. If I wanted to pick it up, I wouldn't have ordered this online. I called UPS and was told they couldn't redeliver on 10/27 so I would have to wait until 10/28 to receive the package. I asked for them to just return to sender and they refused saying they have to deliver it first so I could reject it. I will end up doing that tomorrow and hopefully be able to avoid UPS in the future.
Review
#204454 Review #204454 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS - No Show,Customer Service Impotent to Help

I have a scheduled delivery on a Friday. I had to take the day off to be there for the delivery. Around 8pm I checked the status of my delivery and it just said "On time." At 1:30am it updated and removed the scheduled delivery date. I called the UPS customer support and they said it was not in my area yet. I told them according to the tracking site, it had an Arrival Scan 10 miles away at the distribution site. All I got was, "thats not what I see.." I asked to speak to a supervisor and was hung up on. I called back and got another service rep who saw it arrived at my distribution site, it just hung out there for 12 hours and they don't know why...I will now have to wait till Monday for delivery. I am very annoyed at the UPS network and how i cannot even schedule a time for Monday, since I must be at work. I was never given a reason why they were late or why it just sat for 12 hours about 10 minutes from my home on the scheduled delivery date.
#204596

Reading your complaint and many of the others on this site I have figured out why so many companies are moving overseas!! The amount of people who take a day off of work so they can wait for a package to be delivered is mine numbing.

Next time have the package delivered to a friend or relative house or arrange to pick it up at the hub. Use your head once in a while.

Review
#203917 Review #203917 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS claims to be powerless to help me

My husband is at home with my son all day until 4:35. You would think that this would make it easy for us to receive packages at our home. But no matter what, if those packages come through UPS, we have delays and hassle. When I call the main line to let them know I would like delivery before 4:35, I am told they cannot be of help, because they have no power to communicate with the delivery personnel about time of delivery. But they would love for me to do their job for them, and go pick the package up at the distribution center. Can I have the local number? No. They don't have it. (Right). Leaving a note on the door to ask the driver to please deliver before 4:35 doesn't work either. I just get an infuriating little sticker saying 2nd attempt, will try again tomorrow between 2 and 5 or after 5. Clearly, the driver does not care about my before 4:35 request. He never, ever shows up before then, no matter how many requests I make. If I can help it, I never chose to use UPS. But not all retailers give me the choice. I understand that this is a business choice, because clearly UPS has made a corporate decision that is can make money without offering reasonable service, but this is ridiculous. We have a pretty large window of time in which we can accept delivery. Instead, I am apparently going to have to drive to the distribution center, again, and manage to carry both my baby and my package back to the car at the same time.

Not to sound harsh, however a driver makes somewhere between 80-140 stops per day. They are just unable to accommodate times.

It would be nice if they could, however in order to be efficient, they cannot be hopping all over town to accommodate requested delivery times.

I am sure everybody would like to pick their delivery time. The reality is, drivers have a job to do, they need to make 140 stops, they cannot break up their day because you have somewhere to be at 4:35.

#209143

Hey John UPS is the biggest piece of *** company and they will go belly us soon

I was left a note saying they would be back Monday after 5PM and today is Monday and IM at work till 5 pm and they show up at 10AM.

I called up to find out that there is no way the driver can put a time down and I will need to have a neighbor sign for it. We will see how that works out tomorrow stay tuned

#203513

Sounds like your husband is an unemployed *** maybe you should dump him and start doing the UPS Driver at least he has a job and you will get your packages on time

#203116

You just happened to fall at the end of the driver's route. You can't reasonably expect him to completely change his delivery route just to accomodate your one package, and risk delivering/picking up other people's packages late.

Most people complain that their driver only attempts delivery during the day, when they're at work.

You complain that they only deliver in the evening. Sounds like they can't win.

View more comments (3)
Review
#203811 Review #203811 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS Service is absoutly terrible!!!!!

I ordered skull candy headphones and i was supposed to get them today so this lady came to the door and she like i need 5.28 om like ok give me a couple minutes let me go grab some money and then i went upstairs looking for some money and i couldn't find anything so i kept looking and then i heard the doorbell ring and she was standing in her truck and was like IF YOU DONT HAVE THE MONEY NOW YOU SHOULD COME TELL ME NOT MAKING ME WAIT AND THEN AND SHE LIKE ILL BE BACK TMMRW i had told her to wait a couple minutes and ill be there with some money she did not ANY PATIENTS OR RESPONSIBLITY UPS I AM VERY DISAPOINTED IN YOUR SERVICE.
#206068

people dont understand we work 12 hours a day driving up to 300 miles to make deliveries we dont have time were given less than a minute per stop and we dont take cash

#203516

What the driver is supose to wait while you break into your childs piggy bank. Do not order it if you can not afford it.

#202832

what are you like 12 years old? drivers have other deliveries to make believe it or not and are on a tight schedule.

View more comments (2)
Review
#203656 Review #203656 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

UPS damaged the last 2 large items sent to me

I've had two recent recent major gripes with UPS. The last two large items I've received from them have been blatantly miss handled. The boxes are extremely beat up as if they'd fallen off the truck several times. For example, the computer I purchased was dropped so hard, the hard drive and ram had come out their mounts/slots. This went to claims which took over 3 weeks to finally get a refund. The most recent box was packed well originally with lot of the airbags and paper padding, but had been beat around so much that all the airbags were burst and the parts inside were banging together. I'd advise this, to anyone reading, if you have a valuable item to ship, just use USPS Priority Mail or Parcel Post. They are all I have ever used to ship items out and I have not had one single problem.
#203517

BigLou finally some one makes a smart comment on this blog your the best

#202835

UPS only cares about volume not quality, i ordered an cantilever umbrella form Frongate, shipped using UPS it came crushed and distroyed. A replacement was sent to me also With UPS, also crushed box and damaged.

UPS uses narrow conveyor belts in their HUBS and mixes all types of boxes together which lead to packages jamming. This is their slogan K.O.R.E keeping our reputation for excellence, good job U P

#202693

paper and airbags are not good packaging materials at all. any carrier including the post office would deny an insurance claim if you packed a cpu with paper.

peanuts and bubble wrap are required if you want them to be insurable. all carriers have these standards.

View more comments (2)
Review
#203615 Review #203615 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS truck driver ran me off the road

Today on October 20, 2010 about 9:30am I was ran off the road by a UPS driver on my way to work. This incident took place on route 50 in Maryland and I had to move on to the left shoulder of the road because the driver came into my lane. I hit the horn when I saw he was getting too close, but he still kept coming over. Once I got back on the road and got next to him, he waved his hand sorry. I drive a bright red BMW and my lights were on, so I don't know why he did not see me, I can't explain it.

This is kind of funny because I was run off the road on Route 50 as well, except route 50 in Ohio. Basically the same thing happened. Does anyone train these idiots on how to drive?

Review
#203453 Review #203453 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS Driver Called Me A Fxxking Bxxch

I received a post card in the mail from United Parcel Service stating that my parcel could not be delivered as the driver could not find my home. I am on a main highway in Pennsylvania and they come here at least twice a month and have been here four times in the last three weeks. I called the supervisor of the center in Williamsport on 10/18/2010 and she took down specific directions to my home saying it may have been a substitute driver and I can understand that. This morning 10/19/2010 I watched out my sliding glass doors just in case the driver missed my home. The regular driver drove past looking up at my home and turned his head real quick when he saw me in the door way. I called the center and spoke to the supervisor once again. She said he had several deliveries to make before getting to my home. I explained that he always stops at our homes (the three out here in this area) before heading into town. Come to find out, in doing this to save time he is deviating from his route. Well, obviously someone called him and within two minutes he was banging the day lights out of my siding at my back door. Scared me out of my wits! I went to the door and he began his tirade "There was traffic and I couldnt stop!" Then he really yelled "And don't call in and complain about it!!!" I didn't know what to say. As he left the back step I heard him say this "You Fxxking Bxtch!" I looked out the door and said "What did you call me?" He said "Have a nice day mam." And he proceeded to stroll away with a nasty smirk on his face and quite an attitude. I will do my best to tell everyone I know NOT to use UPS and from now on I will not be purchasing anything from any company that used USP. I will specifically ask who they ship with. I have had problems with them angrily slamming things down on my steps, but have never had one of their people swear or used filthy language on my. I'll make sure UPS pays for it. I'm telling the world.
#208866

Kuzzinmare, maybe you should order a package and have your husband stay home that day. When the ups guy knocks on the door drag him in the house and beat the brakes off his *** Dont get mad get even.

#203715

Jer that really hurts my feelings I am just trying to bring the truth to light

#203522

Maybe you should stop being suck a *** ***.

#203515

Why Are Whites so Racist

Answer: Blacks teach us to be that way

#203018

Oh, gee, what a surprise... another *** white *** troll ("UPS Corporate Support") goes on the internet to slander minorities and spew racial abuse under a comment that has nothing to do with African Americans or any other ethnicity. SHOCKER!

#202980

No, I don't think they work for UPS lol

#202829

lol do you really think that person works for UPS?

#202671

If you really are UPS corporate support, you will be getting a three page letter either Monday or Tuesday at the Atlanta, Georgia office. I sent it out certified today.

#202669

He is NOT African American. I have never had any problem with an African American in regards to anything like this.

He is a bald, beady eyed white guy with a very pointed nose.

#202661

"The regular driver drove past"

The one who swore at me WAS the regular driver. He has been avoiding the stop for several days.

Now I find out others have had problems with him also.

#202572

obviously most drivers dont act like that. you said yourself it was a sub driver. you'll probably never see him again.

View more comments (10)
Review
#203344 Review #203344 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS in Columbus, Ohio - Delivery to house for heart patient

i sold a item to a gentleman in idaho ,we had trouble all weak try to get the money transferred.i went to ups to ship item,way to expencesive to ship.he asked about greyhound,so i traveled 21 miles to downtown columbus ohio.the lady was great ,weighed it and said close as it would get is falls idaho,idaho,for 88.75.thats 35 miles away from his house,then said i can have it delivered right to his door .i was in heaven even if it cost me 112.30 for a just released heart patient (not going to live long)to recieve his package to his door.yah it arrived on time to a flying j gas station,they called him to come pick it up because they cloced in 40 minutes-and they dont deliver packages-its a dropoff.think greyhound commited fraud,
#202087

This is the UPS complaint section. You need the Greyhound complaint section, and a new brain.

Review
#203311 Review #203311 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS in Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Plant Opp Manager

We have a full time drive that never gets here before 11;30am to 1;30pm. the drivers that fill in for him are always here buy 10am. My work depends on UPSs deliverys and so do many other departments. we plan are work around these deliverys and just want to know why the main driver is always 2 to 3 hours later. we have called the branvh many times and the got where they wount even answer are phone calls and when we exspain what is happening and why we need the stuff the person says it will be there when it gets there. and with this driver it happens every time not just know and then it is every time. We ( the purchesing department and me ) no longer know whom to call. its just like it is a vendeta agaenst use with this one driver. whats the problem? please help use or tell me why this happens. please. My cell number is 605 670 2030.

have you tried talking to your driver? as a driver myself i do what i can to help my customers.

but don't complain about him without talking to him first. it usually doesn't work out in your favor.

Review
#203143 Review #203143 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Local UPS won't ship a firearm

The UPS store at 2020 Cabin Town Rd, Bloomington, IL would not ship a defective firearm back to the manufacturer without the Manufacturers FFL. I called the UPS customer service and learned this is not UPS policy, it is just the policy of the local UPS center. I run a small business and ship packages often, upon until now I used UPS for nearly all my shipping. I will be using FedEx now. The local UPS center and the help line all give a run around. I am very disappointed UPS doesn't have a web sight where complaints can be filed.
#200523

It's not really a UPS Store policy, it's just that you need a special permit to ship firearms, which you have to pay for, renew, get inspected for, etc. It's just more hassle than it's worth for a small franchise store.

UPS doesn't own or staff UPS Stores. Just take it directly to your local UPS hub/warehouse, no need to complain really lol.

Review
#202630 Review #202630 is a subjective opinion of poster.