Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS damaged the last 2 large items sent to me

I've had two recent recent major gripes with UPS. The last two large items I've received from them have been blatantly miss handled. The boxes are extremely beat up as if they'd fallen off the truck several times. For example, the computer I purchased was dropped so hard, the hard drive and ram had come out their mounts/slots. This went to claims which took over 3 weeks to finally get a refund. The most recent box was packed well originally with lot of the airbags and paper padding, but had been beat around so much that all the airbags were burst and the parts inside were banging together. I'd advise this, to anyone reading, if you have a valuable item to ship, just use USPS Priority Mail or Parcel Post. They are all I have ever used to ship items out and I have not had one single problem.
#203517

BigLou finally some one makes a smart comment on this blog your the best

#202835

UPS only cares about volume not quality, i ordered an cantilever umbrella form Frongate, shipped using UPS it came crushed and distroyed. A replacement was sent to me also With UPS, also crushed box and damaged.

UPS uses narrow conveyor belts in their HUBS and mixes all types of boxes together which lead to packages jamming. This is their slogan K.O.R.E keeping our reputation for excellence, good job U P

#202693

paper and airbags are not good packaging materials at all. any carrier including the post office would deny an insurance claim if you packed a cpu with paper.

peanuts and bubble wrap are required if you want them to be insurable. all carriers have these standards.

View more comments (2)
Review
#203615 Review #203615 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS truck driver ran me off the road

Today on October 20, 2010 about 9:30am I was ran off the road by a UPS driver on my way to work. This incident took place on route 50 in Maryland and I had to move on to the left shoulder of the road because the driver came into my lane. I hit the horn when I saw he was getting too close, but he still kept coming over. Once I got back on the road and got next to him, he waved his hand sorry. I drive a bright red BMW and my lights were on, so I don't know why he did not see me, I can't explain it.

This is kind of funny because I was run off the road on Route 50 as well, except route 50 in Ohio. Basically the same thing happened. Does anyone train these idiots on how to drive?

Review
#203453 Review #203453 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS Driver Called Me A Fxxking Bxxch

I received a post card in the mail from United Parcel Service stating that my parcel could not be delivered as the driver could not find my home. I am on a main highway in Pennsylvania and they come here at least twice a month and have been here four times in the last three weeks. I called the supervisor of the center in Williamsport on 10/18/2010 and she took down specific directions to my home saying it may have been a substitute driver and I can understand that. This morning 10/19/2010 I watched out my sliding glass doors just in case the driver missed my home. The regular driver drove past looking up at my home and turned his head real quick when he saw me in the door way. I called the center and spoke to the supervisor once again. She said he had several deliveries to make before getting to my home. I explained that he always stops at our homes (the three out here in this area) before heading into town. Come to find out, in doing this to save time he is deviating from his route. Well, obviously someone called him and within two minutes he was banging the day lights out of my siding at my back door. Scared me out of my wits! I went to the door and he began his tirade "There was traffic and I couldnt stop!" Then he really yelled "And don't call in and complain about it!!!" I didn't know what to say. As he left the back step I heard him say this "You Fxxking Bxtch!" I looked out the door and said "What did you call me?" He said "Have a nice day mam." And he proceeded to stroll away with a nasty smirk on his face and quite an attitude. I will do my best to tell everyone I know NOT to use UPS and from now on I will not be purchasing anything from any company that used USP. I will specifically ask who they ship with. I have had problems with them angrily slamming things down on my steps, but have never had one of their people swear or used filthy language on my. I'll make sure UPS pays for it. I'm telling the world.
#208866

Kuzzinmare, maybe you should order a package and have your husband stay home that day. When the ups guy knocks on the door drag him in the house and beat the brakes off his *** Dont get mad get even.

#203715

Jer that really hurts my feelings I am just trying to bring the truth to light

#203522

Maybe you should stop being suck a *** ***.

#203515

Why Are Whites so Racist

Answer: Blacks teach us to be that way

#203018

Oh, gee, what a surprise... another *** white *** troll ("UPS Corporate Support") goes on the internet to slander minorities and spew racial abuse under a comment that has nothing to do with African Americans or any other ethnicity. SHOCKER!

#202980

No, I don't think they work for UPS lol

#202829

lol do you really think that person works for UPS?

#202671

If you really are UPS corporate support, you will be getting a three page letter either Monday or Tuesday at the Atlanta, Georgia office. I sent it out certified today.

#202669

He is NOT African American. I have never had any problem with an African American in regards to anything like this.

He is a bald, beady eyed white guy with a very pointed nose.

#202661

"The regular driver drove past"

The one who swore at me WAS the regular driver. He has been avoiding the stop for several days.

Now I find out others have had problems with him also.

#202572

obviously most drivers dont act like that. you said yourself it was a sub driver. you'll probably never see him again.

View more comments (10)
Review
#203344 Review #203344 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS in Columbus, Ohio - Delivery to house for heart patient

i sold a item to a gentleman in idaho ,we had trouble all weak try to get the money transferred.i went to ups to ship item,way to expencesive to ship.he asked about greyhound,so i traveled 21 miles to downtown columbus ohio.the lady was great ,weighed it and said close as it would get is falls idaho,idaho,for 88.75.thats 35 miles away from his house,then said i can have it delivered right to his door .i was in heaven even if it cost me 112.30 for a just released heart patient (not going to live long)to recieve his package to his door.yah it arrived on time to a flying j gas station,they called him to come pick it up because they cloced in 40 minutes-and they dont deliver packages-its a dropoff.think greyhound commited fraud,
#202087

This is the UPS complaint section. You need the Greyhound complaint section, and a new brain.

Review
#203311 Review #203311 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS in Sioux Falls, South Dakota - Plant Opp Manager

We have a full time drive that never gets here before 11;30am to 1;30pm. the drivers that fill in for him are always here buy 10am. My work depends on UPSs deliverys and so do many other departments. we plan are work around these deliverys and just want to know why the main driver is always 2 to 3 hours later. we have called the branvh many times and the got where they wount even answer are phone calls and when we exspain what is happening and why we need the stuff the person says it will be there when it gets there. and with this driver it happens every time not just know and then it is every time. We ( the purchesing department and me ) no longer know whom to call. its just like it is a vendeta agaenst use with this one driver. whats the problem? please help use or tell me why this happens. please. My cell number is 605 670 2030.

have you tried talking to your driver? as a driver myself i do what i can to help my customers.

but don't complain about him without talking to him first. it usually doesn't work out in your favor.

Review
#203143 Review #203143 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Local UPS won't ship a firearm

The UPS store at 2020 Cabin Town Rd, Bloomington, IL would not ship a defective firearm back to the manufacturer without the Manufacturers FFL. I called the UPS customer service and learned this is not UPS policy, it is just the policy of the local UPS center. I run a small business and ship packages often, upon until now I used UPS for nearly all my shipping. I will be using FedEx now. The local UPS center and the help line all give a run around. I am very disappointed UPS doesn't have a web sight where complaints can be filed.
#200523

It's not really a UPS Store policy, it's just that you need a special permit to ship firearms, which you have to pay for, renew, get inspected for, etc. It's just more hassle than it's worth for a small franchise store.

UPS doesn't own or staff UPS Stores. Just take it directly to your local UPS hub/warehouse, no need to complain really lol.

Review
#202630 Review #202630 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS Lost my Goods !!

I shipped very expensive sickinger punch tools to my customer. $4000 worth, RED Label overnight. I strapped them securely to avoid damage. I didn't bother with insurance since I packaged it so well. My customer never received them, and they are no where to be found in the UPS system. $4000 worth !! If not found I will be out several thousand dollars. The UPS Store scanned it, but once the driver picked it up we can no longer locate it ?? It has been several days now after a tracer search has been put out, and still nothing. How can they not no where it is ? And why would it not be scanned in the UPS system somewhere ??
Review
#202518 Review #202518 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Loss

UPS and Purolator - i'm still waiting

Dear UPS, its been 4 weeks and i'm still waiting for my package. After two weeks of calling you and never getting that promised phone call back, you finally admitted that you lost the package, or well actually your subcontract company Purolator lost the package. I'm still waiting on the "trace" from a week ago and the phone call i was supposed to receive. I'm certain that the purolator driver decided to keep it for themselves and UPS customer service does not care. Never again will I use UPS/Purolator or buy from any company who ships through them. CANADA POST FOREVER !!!!
willy1994

That is not new news. This happens all the time.

they Automatically put them on hold for pickup. And now i have managers from UPS on the case to see what the *** is going on.

And when they have my package they loss it half the time. Purolator Sucks.

Canada Post own purolator.

#199860

lol canada post is much worse buddy

View more comments (2)
Review
#202367 Review #202367 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS in Scranton, Pennsylvania - Run around

I have put in for a pick up on the 6th of Oct. gave all the info and advised I have no label here at the hotel. well when ups came they did not bring a label nor did they pick up the package. I had to call customer service and after the runaround with the agent I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was put on hold for more than 5 min then they hung up. I realize they are a big company but they are not the only one. I at this time really don't want to use UPS cause of the service they provided
#198909

I used to have a retail store that made mosaics, the UPS delivery guy, used to think it funny to literally drop my packages on the floor at my door and kick them across the carpet to me! So skip forward a decade, and I want to ship 2 antique Chinese solid panels 4"x6' to my son as a wedding gift (NY to SF)....So I bubble wrapped them and then put a shipping blanket and more bubble wrap plus strapping tape and take it to the UPS service desk. The guy I know there, who over the years has been very helpful, was asked if he thought it was wrapped well enough to ship 3,000 miles safely... responded emphatically assuring me that YES it was!!!

WRONG..it arrived at my son's house literally in splinters and dust! AND feeling secure in my having assurances that it was safe DIDN'T THINK TO INSURE IT!!!!!!!!

Upon making a claim, I was asked for the original sales receipt&%%#$@# NOT...I bought it 10 years ago at an NYC flea market for about $500. SO I found an authority in Chinese antique imports and she appraised it from photographs at about $1500 and gave me a letter. I also found an antique dealer who had a small section very similar to my panel for sale at $250 who told me that UPS is told to reject ALL claims at least 3 times to hopefully get rid of the claimant...so I continued to pursue UPS. Then I got a check for $100 to settle the claim...and I know that if I cash it, the case is closed!..and my husband who is a lawyer, tells me to save my breath...BUT I"M PISSED and don't want them to get away with destroying shipments!!!

Similar story, with a better outcome...Once I had a car that was in a flood in a subterranean garage...the insurance were adamant about fixing it. Then I got a call from the repair shop saying that it was going to take a little longer to fix because it had caught fire while being repaired!!! THEN I REALLY didn't want it! So I wrote a letter to the President of the insurance company, copied the State's Insurance Commissioner and anyone else I thought should hear about it...I got a call within 2 days and was asked what I would settle for, so gave them the cost of the car (Porsche) included the cost of a rental for a month and they were out the next day to personally hand me a check for the FULL amount requested.

Should I not cash the check and continue by writing letters to every executive in UPS in the hopes of getting a better financial resolution???..or cash the $100 check and forget it and insure absolutely everything I send through UPS in the future?????...because they really are the only game in town.

#198906

Let me get this straight you call the UPS Call Center to arrange for a pick-up on a package that has no label then you depended on a operator to get all your info issue a label get it to the center that covers your area in time for to be picked up the next day. Then you leave your package with the hotel clerk I am betting the evening clerk with no label on it (I know the clerk said he would put a note on it) and it does not get picked up.

That has to be the shock of all shocks. Lets see the call center operator only handles about 40 to 50 calls an hour and you are giving three address, yours the recipient and the hotels no chance for a screw up there.

Then you rely on a hotel clerk to give it to the driver and probably not the same clerk you gave it to not the smartest move there and then you want a driver who has 150 to 200 stops a day to pick up your package so if a driver did come into the hotel ask for the package and the hotel clerk states no I have no package with a UPS Label on it I don’t think he is going to investigate what’s going on he’s on his way to the next stop.

I just got one question where can I file a complaint against Namalumoonshine

View more comments (1)
Review
#201923 Review #201923 is a subjective opinion of poster.

Never again with UPS. I will do anything to avoid them.

My experience buying the Manduka Mat and Mat Sak was so painful that if I tell you all the problems you may not believe it happened. But, it did. The package was to be delivered on Friday October 8 to my work address. I don't work on Friday's but I went to work especially to get my new mat. I kept checking the tracking and it said "package out for delivery." At about 3:30pm I called UPS because our regular driver is usually there by mid afternoon. Also, I had noticed that the address of my shipment looked strange on the invoice from Online Fitness. For whatever reason someone had put the street number on the same line as the name of my company. The UPS representative said, "Oh, it's OK. He's a trained professional; he'll be able to read what address it is supposed to go to. It will be delivered by 5pm." At 4pm, the update on the package was "driver couldn't read address, delivery rescheduled." I was livid. I phoned UPS and demanded my package be delivered to me. By now they mysteriously had the correct address as they did when I spoke to the first representative. They told me that the driver is at 144 Montague St. delivering packages if I wanted to run after him and get it. This address is a 15-minute fast walk from where I was but I said OK. I told her it would take me about 15 minutes and she said he would wait. When I got to Montague St., I stood by the truck waiting for the driver to come back. My cell phone rings. "We're sorry ma'am the package has never been with the driver. It is in our warehouse in Mayspeth." I was dumbfounded. Why these people don't know what they're doing is beyond me. She said, "If you want to come get it, you can get here by 8pm." I asked her if she was looking at the package. I also asked if it was TWO packages and she said "no, this is the only tracking number you gave me." I tried to explain that on the system it showed two boxes with the order. She assured me no it was only one box. So, since I live in NYC and don't have a car, I took two trains, a bus, walked about a mile and waited in line for over 20 minutes but I got my package. As I was leaving the UPS warehouse and waiting for the bus that would take me to my two trains for the ride home (3 hours round trip) I decided to take the mat out of the box and put it in the mat sak for easier carrying. Oh, wait though--there is no mat sak!!! I paid for the mat/mat sak package and only got a mat. I wrote the seller immediately. I have no more fight in me. It is the incompetence that is always shown with UPS and the bad luck of Online Fitness. The Online Fitness guy is always kind but that is starting not to mean anything to me. I filed a claim with UPS because their computer system still says there were two packages! I also filed a claim with Amazon. I hope to get my mat sak next week once they figure it out. But, from now on I will order directly from Manduka (I'm a yoga teacher and will order a lot) and I will insist they send it ANY way but UPS.
#198979

oh and im not a ups employee

#198978

putting the street number on the same line as your company name would be an incorrect address im afraid dear. ups doesnt make those labels.

the company who ships them does.

ups also doesnt pack the boxes so if you received an incomplete order your beef is with the company again. try and listen you may learn a thing or two instead of just blaming the easiest target.

#198851

If you read correctly, UPS had the right address all along. And even if they didn't it doesn't justify me running all over the city and then being given an incomplete package.

Rick one of the main problems with UPS is that you don't take responsibility but continually deflect--no genuine apology or attempt to make things right.

And this is why I will never use this company again. Indeed, if this were an isolated incident I might give them another chance but 99% of the time I am extremely frustrated with UPS service.

#198718

so the company you ordered it from addressed it incorrectly and forgot to include an item and you come on here complaining about ups? lol that doesnt make sense

View more comments (3)
Review
#201904 Review #201904 is a subjective opinion of poster.