Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Delivered express overnight envelope over 2 weeks late UPS

Paid for 10 AM next day delivery via UPS. Address I gave was incorrect so not delivered properly - my fault. Supplied correct address next day, UPS then took 15 days to redeliver the envelope. The UPS agent told me 4 times that it was going to go out next day - but never did. Then said they lost it, apparently it was found someplace. No apologies, no refund, nothing - and no way to complain on their website. They dont want to hear from you nor do they seem to care. FED-EX next time - maybe they give better customer service - will have to see.

Wrong, he is correct about UPS. 3 out of our last 12 items delivered to our office by UPS have been at least a day late.

As a matter of fact, I am sitting at my office (2:56 pm) waiting for a Priority Overnight envelope that still isn't here.

I've honestly never had a delay with Fed-X. I believe since I am a manager with authority that we will be switching shipping companies soon.

J54

Sounds like you work for Fedex. This is a made up story by a Fedex employee drumming up Christmas season shipping business.

View more comments (1)
Review

Do not use UPS for important stuff

You want to ship 10 dollars worth of stocking stuffers? use UPS. but insure it for a million dollars..anything valuable, use FEDEX or even USPS..I am in the MErchant Marine and I had my licence shipped with UPS from a relevant department, customs intercepted it, and later returned it to UPS, they delivered the package empty, lost my license, and thats it. I lost my 90k a year job on the spot and cant find any other..do not even think of UPS for anything important, they might do well in Russia and such where things get lost on a constant basis and that is UPS's specialty...

I decided to use UPS Next Day Air for an important document from New York City to Boston. I dropped it off on Friday afternoon for Monday 10:30am delivery.

For whaterver reason, the package arrived in Phiadelphia on Saturday and was re-routed back to New York City on Monday.

After numerous phone calls (and run around), the final conclusion is that UPS does not know what happened, there is nothing it can do but to try to re-deliver it on Tuesday, and tough luck that I lost close to $700 because of the one day delay (assuming it will arrive on Tuesday). I WILL NEVER EVER USE UPS FOR IMPORTANT STUFF AGAIN !!!

J54

UPS tells the same.My question is how come they send the package open and say it might have been dropped on the way. And **** customs.They saved the country from catastrophy by intercepting my package and ruining my job, unemployment rate was not high enough for the *****s.

I understand they do their job regarding counterfeit deocuments bombs etc, but once you clarify things send it intact with honor, its either UPS dropped it or Customs never gave it back, so whose fault is it here?

mine? Feel like I am in jail, every thing gets scrutinized before it reaches me..Let me put it this way, If I had to choose between misguided National Security carried out by a bunch of men with an IQ of 50 and my job in these hard times it is a no brainer...

You must understand that UPS has zero control over a government's customs officials and what they do, how long they take, etc.

#221984

"contents of the package getting searched by US customs is usual and permitted and that is not the issue."

if your package arrived empty after being opened and inspected by customs then I'd say thats precisely the issue.

Paul - contents of the package getting searched by US customs is usual and permitted and that is not the issue. Doing it timely is THE issue, as for UPS, getting my package back and sending it intact should be their priority.

I have no problems showing IDs and such, I just lost my job 2 days ago due to UPS sending the package home semi-open (still left like that from customs) and with my Merchant Marine license missing from the package, the reply I got was it could be dropped anywhere on a belt or a truck. I am severely effected by it as I couldnt lose a job at a worse time, as a direct cause of this since the company I worked for replaced me immediately (they have to-a ship cant sail without its officers), and in this economy I can wait a year or more to get another job, so go defend your company UPS on Yahoo Finance message boards, there are seriously effected people here, I didnt lose a daft little RC helicopter in that package, I lost a 90k a year a job.

Uncle Sam - They ask you to show ID because someone shipped explosives hidden in toner cartridges through UPS a few weeks ago. Is it really that big of a deal?

I mean, you have to show ID when you write a check lol.

Hate UPS - Whether you send something via Fedex or UPS or the Postal service, it all goes through the same customs agency. UPS doesn't open and inspect (and in your case, confiscate) the contents of packages.

Customs officials do. It has nothing to do with the carrier.

I have decided not to use UPS since they announced that they will "require" customers to show ID. Who do they think they are to require anything of us customers!

This is typical of giant companies.

They think they are giving us the privilege of doing business with them. They can take their "privilege" and shove it!

View more comments (7)

UPS in Albuquerque, New Mexico - WAAY overcharged

I took to UPS Store a keyboard, weight about 5#, Dim about 30" x 10" x 6", for packing (w/50% off coupon packaging) and ground shipped to Lehighton, PA zip 18235. The bill, was $109.33. The more I thought the angrier I became. I've notified the recipient to keep packaging and I will be lodging a complaint w/UPS upper admin, as well as disputing it w/Visa I contacted UPS and got a happy little form letter that the UPS is an independent contractor and UPS can do nothing. I am outraged and will be spreading the word.

The UPS Store locations are independently owned and franchised through UPS(the company), as I work at a The UPS Store location, myself. The comments before me are totally correct.

A large keyboard like that does need to be packed properly (which would be at least two inches of packing peanuts, bubble wrap on electronics-your keyboard- and foam planking for electronics weighing over 10 pounds; not to mention the over sized cardboard carton it requires). Time is also of essence to the employee, as I have noticed, you have gone during The UPS Store's busy season, and that is included in the packing charge. UPS would be responsible for the shipping charge, and that is a large package. Did you take into consideration where it was going, or if you included any service options, such as insurance?

I wonder, why do you disputed it with your creditor? Didn't you sign and authorize The UPS Store to charge the amount to your account?

The people posting to this site are really turning to the dumm side. Lets count your level of dumm!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Your complaint is against The UPS Store and not UPS why on earth you would file your complaint to the UPS page instead of the UPS Store page. DUMM!!!

2. I am sure UPS is happier then heck that you are going to get the word out about the UPS Store being a franchise they take a cut of the profits. DUMM 2X!!!!

3. Having used a UPS Store on my receipt it breaks down the box size and how much it cost the cost of the packing material and labor. You provide none of that info. Why Not?

4. I am outraged that you are so Dumm.

If you think you're being overcharged, then you leave the store. You can't pay for it, sign the credit card slip, and then dispute it later.

It doesn't work like that.

If the keyboard itself is 30x10x6, then after packaging the box is going to be something like 36x16x12, to ensure it's safety in transit. That's a large box.

$109.33 does sound a little high, but not outrageous. Packaging and shipping large electronics is not cheap.

View more comments (2)

Do NOt Use UPS If You Want A Package Delivered On Time

Paid rush charges to have a part delivered by Friday, for something I needed to fix over the weekend. Friday came and the package was never delivered. Driver wrote that the recipient placed a hold on the package. I guess he or she wanted to go home instead of delivering it. Called customer service. They told me that they were closed for the weekend and no way of contacting the driver, which I know is a lie. Bottom line: I'm screwed. If you need something delivered on time, do not use UPS. I will never use them again if I can help it.

The item is manufacturerd in Taiwan, travels across the ocean via freighter. Moved from the freighter to a train that crosses the country.

Upon entry into your state, the package is sorted, shuttled, and resorted through hundreds of miles of conveyor belts. The package is loaded onto the driver's truck, then out for delivery. He receives instructions to bring the package back. It goes to the customer center which is closed on the weekend.

You chose to wait until a time convenient to you..... not the UPS business hours..... to ask the driver. Why the driver?

Is it because he's the only UPS person you see? Have you ever heard of shooting the messenger?

Review

UPS lost my package...twice...

I'll be brief: two months ago we ordered a Nintendo Wii for my husband's birthday. The UPS tracking information said that the package was "left with man". What man? Where the *** they left it? Noone was able to explain. By the time the investigation process was over the wii was no longer on sale. We got the money back...eventually, but could not get a new item. Yesterday the same *** from UPS delivered a $100 pair of shoes to the wrong address. I mean, you'd expect UPS would hire someone who can read, no? I called them 5 times today and yesterday, the shipper called them twice, I was promised that the drive will go and retrieve the package first thing in the morning. It's 7 pm, and still no news. I just checked the seller website and they no longer have these shoes in my size, so here's yet another excellent sale item that I have lost because of UPS. Does anyone know if there's a way to make UPS pay for a: purchase of an identical item, even if it's more expensive than the one originally ordered. After all, it's their fault I didn't get the item to begin with b: make them pay for all the annoyance, two missed days of work and the hours wasted on the phone with their horrible customer service.
#222016

Good thinking Hate UPS, except that you have to buy that insurance. If you could insure something for 100K, which you can't, it would cost you about $900 for the insurance alone.

I swear the people on this site are getting dumber every day.

#222005

Why dont we all start insuring our stuff for 100k every time we ship something? That will surely effect their finances as they lose things a lot....

Just an update: although I was promised multiple times that UPS will call back - nobody ever bothered to do so. When I finally got through to the local post office - I was told that the item is definitely lost, and they won't even bother looking for it, but they opened an investigation that will last up to 8 days.

That means that I have to wait for over a week to get another item shipped - too late anyways, since the item is no longer available through the seller. Tried to file a complaint with UPS - there's no way to do that on their website. They limit the e-mails that you can send them to 500 characters.Does anyone know what can be done in this situation. I'm seriously pissed off and would like to see the driver as well as the idiots who promised to call back and never did penalized!

I mean, that's just beyond basic human decency: you don't just throw other people's stuff away and never bother go retrieve it, and you shouldn't promise to call someone and never do. Outrageous!

View more comments (2)
Review
ups said my package was delivered at 1:33 pm but we were home and ups never came. overstock.com put in a trace and ups said the package was not found. i got a refund from overstock, but how can ups not investigate this? how are they not held accountable? what if their...

UPS is the worst company there is, their *** up layback attitude really needs to change, their slogan should be "I don't give a *** about you" UPS because your package is history".

That resumes my experience with these ***.

View more comments
Loss

UPS Has Ruined My Husband's Bacon... Literally.

I ordered some perishable food from a wonderful online retailer, and was able to get it for no cost. When the order was shipped, it was sent UPS. I had high expectations for it to be "delivered" on time, but I received some unforeseen complications instead. It turns out the package had an incorrect zip code that was fixed, out for delivery, then changed to a status of "person unknown/not delivered". Nothing more was stated for the package since. How twisted the story became when I saw a postcard arrive stating the issue, my husband's full name, the address and CORRECT ZIP CODE. It has been 6 days since the food was sent out, I don't know what state it's in, and I have one day to pick it up. I don't even know if it's worth it anymore.
#220917

I laughed when I read the title of this complaint. Then I made myself a bacon sandwich. Thank you for inspiring me.

#220567

I'm sure they'd be willing to give you a full refund for the $0 that you spent.

#220557

Your such a Retard!! UPS cant help the fact that your *** *** shipper placed the wrong zip code on the package in the first place!! Take that up with your shipper not UPS

#220494

lol I was gonna go there Brad, but you beat me to it. well done.

#220242

You'r husband's bacon got ruined? Forget about that thin cut; I've got some thick-cut bacon that will fill you up just fine.

Send me a message and I'll deliver you a package of my extra heavy, juicy pork product. Move over bacon, here comes something meatier!

Mail me at bigpumper69@hotmail.com

#220224

Why would you buy PERISHABLE FOOD on the internet? Get off your lazy *** and go to the store and buy it yourself.

View more comments (5)
Review

UPS in Los Angeles, California - Wheres my package?

I ordered a computer headphone which costs $50.00. It was suppose to come in the next 3 business day but they never delivered my package. All they did was post infonotices saying that they came to my doorstep but they never did! They did that for the next 2 days until unfortunately they sent it back. I'm very pissed but at the same time I want my item. It says that UPS has a rescheduled delivery on the tracking system. Will UPS eventually redeliver my package knowing that they didn't drop it off? I've been waiting like 2 weeks now :[

UPS=snail delivery!! ship us postal!! at least they have some accountability.

UPS
Could UPS be a sh**ier delivery service. I've had UPS deliver packages to my house many times and every time they have, there has been no knock on the door, and a lot of the times they don't even set the packages by the door. They THROW them at the door. They've also just tossed items with "Fragile" printed up the side over the back fence. I'm just glad the Fed-Ex delivered my laptop, printer and Genius tablet. I couldn't imagine what would have occurred if it was UPS. They've destroyed more things than they have delivered in one piece. Last time I had something delivered via UPS (Genius Tablet replacement pen), the box was carelessly thrown at the door and it was completely demolished. I can only hope that the darn pen still works. I paid twenty frickin' dollars for it, five dollars for shipping. I can only hope that all the rest of my packages are NEVER delivered by UPS again. I could never recommend UPS for any form of shipping. Don't ever use UPS for shipping anything that you really don't want destroyed.
tays

First off, I do not work for FedEx. I was giving FedEx a compliment for their service, which is far superior to UPS's from my experience.

Second, just because you've never had UPS throw a box over a fence doesn't mean that they never have.

I'm sorry to say but that is the experience with UPS. It may not be true for all, but it's true for me.

J54

Sounds like you work for Fedex. UPS does not throw boxes over the fence. This is a made up story by a Fedex employee drumming up Christmas season shipping business.

View more comments (1)
Review
#209703 Review #209703 is a subjective opinion of poster.

UPS claimed my house needs a suite number for delivery

UPS's tracking says that an exception occurred with my package delivery because "A Correct Suite Number Is Needed For Delivery." My house has no suites. It's just a regular house. I sent them a message through my account explaining that my house has no suites. The next day the tracking said that UPS would send me a postcard asking for the correct suite number. No reply has been made to my email. If the address requires a suite, how does UPS expect me to get the postcard? Why did they send a postcard instead of reading the message attached to the package's tracking?
Review
#209640 Review #209640 is a subjective opinion of poster.