Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Ups

omg ups has become the biggest piece of *** delivery company existing on the market today. maybe another company to big for its own good. i have been waiting on one package for over a week now another package from the same dealer and i am now waiting for two packages. and all you get from them is we are doing the best we can lmao if thats the best they can they should sell out to fedex. thier service is the worst their customer service is non existiant because if you complain they just disconect you. my next call this morning is to the better bussiness bureu to file a formal complaint. i will never order from any company after this that uses ups to ship their products.
Loss

UPS poor service getting worse

it seems like no one is being held accountable for poor service in UPS I have tried to avoid using this compay for about 2 years now since the bad experiences just kept coming, this is not a door to door service, it is a lot cheaper to send a package via USPS and faster too. and if you call customer service to complain, it seems like they are all friends and cover one another...I hate to say this but it seems like since the hispanics started taking over some of the management jobs, not to mentioen other races.... the customer service began to decline, by the way AM HISPANIC" but this is what I have notice, hopefully one of these managers can read this commnet and do something about it. with this economy the way it is, service should be climbing instead of dropping.

UPS is *** ***. They sent my package to the wrong address, and now I'm about to find the receiver. This makes me exhausted.

I have ordered alot of things on amazon and have normally had good service but for the last 3-4 packages i have not they threw my packages in the dirt "so what if they were in a ups garbage bag" they were left close to my fence so someone could just reach over and get it some were a lil bit away from the fence but they were all left in the direct sunlight!..my 4th package im waiting on i spent $3.99 on amazon to 1 day ship it saldy it did not end up with fedex like my other order my item is worth $20-$30 it's 100% pure shea butter it "is/was" coming by ups i was sposed to get it today by noon..I did not get my package today at all and my mother was "kind" enough to call the person there said they could not give me or her any info but i should contact amazon to get my shipping back!..that get but who's going to give me my $20-$30 worth of shea butter back?...i hear it lose's some of it mosturizing and healing propoties being exposed to alot of heat..so much for good service! :(

theriyv

Maria, have you tried taking up your beef with The UPS Store? Those stores are still franchised with Mail Boxes Etc (both in Canada and the U.S.) If you used the TUPS location to ship it, they are the primary service provider and recognized by UPS Canada as the Shipper of Record.

Basically, UPS Canada has no responsibilities towards you at all.

TUPS does, regardless. Most of the TUPS locations though are touch nuts to crack as they lose any refunded moneys out of their own pockets.

*** ups sent a watch through this company! That watch was $4659!!!

They lost it and won't pay even if I insured it! They will pay the amount I paid them to ship it but nothing else.

There should be a class action law suit for this trash company! Bunch o thieves!!!!!

I went to the UPS store inside staples located at north greenbush, NY to send a package, paid $108 but it did not get to my cousin on time!!! Now UPS is insisting that I should pay them $120.47 to have the package sent back to me from UPS canada.

So ridiculous!!!

Do they think people are so *** to keep on giving them money and not getting any service on return??? I am telling all my friends, my family, my patients and everybody I know and meet about this nightmare that I am going through right now with UPS!!!!

View more comments (4)

UPS in Duluth, Minnesota - Dishonest employees

a ups driver showed up at my parent with no package and wanted to buy their dog. after being told it was not for sale he had his mother call the sherriffs dept and file a compliant for dog neglect. sherriff deputy show up and check the dogs who are well taken care of. we will no longer use ups ever due to this situation. dishonest thieving company. i wouldn't doubt that this employee steals all the time when people are not home especially in rural communities where no neighbors are around to see. so next time your missing something see if you got a package delivered recently

I don't see what's dishonest about his actions. Because he wanted to adopt a dog that in his opinion was being mistreated, you assume he steals packages?

That makes zero sense. The people on this site never cease to amaze me with their stupidity.

UPS did not deliver!

UPS did not deliver after several phone calls to verify they would. Then on the online tracking, the driver put that the company was closed on Friday so delivery could not be made. All of the phone calls were to say that we will be here and we will be waiting. Now I have to call India again to get ignored some more, they won't even give you a local number to call, you have to go through India to talk to Trent in Reno when I,m calling from down the street. From now on I'm using Fed-ex.
Sunnyside

Your scenario sounds similar to mine. After calling to verify that a package would be delivered (already two days late), UPS was a no-show.

Their customer support was ineffective and apologetic. After spending an hour on the phone, they informed me that they knew exactly where my package was (local), but refused to help me get my package before I left on a business trip.

UPS Ripoff

Just prior to Christmas in 2010, I shipped a small package (a 11" x 14" envelope) from my Local (Tracy CA) UPS office, to Ontario, Canada. The shipping was already expensive--$18, with no rush, but I assumed that was because it had to travel outside the USA. When my recipient was supposed to receive it a week later, she got a note stating that UPS wanted an additional $50.00 to deliver it. Why? UPS charges a "customs duty fee" that was never disclosed to me at the time of shipping. We both balked at the charge! When neither of us paid it within two weeks, while we argued the unfairness of the charge with UPS, they threatened to destroy it by friday of that week. We had to pay. They scammed us!!! UPS is a rip-off!! Don't use them.

chris-

refer to comment by john s...read...absorb...learn.

I find it hard to believe that customs wants the $50. I have shipped motorcycle parts and video games to Canada plenty of times through USPS and have never ever EVER heard of this.

Not to mention it always arrives through standard First Class in a week or less. Don't use UPS is my motto, they have burned me many times as a frequent eBayer. UPS does not care about you or your packages. The last 6 or 7 packages I've received from different people from different locations have been all smashed up.

They ruined a nearly brand new exhaust pipe I shipped and the red tape to go through in order to get them to cover it is impossible.

Yeah, my customer and I got the raw end of the deal since UPS took their sweet, sweet time to determine that they wouldn't cover it anyway. I don't use UPS and I'd recommend not using them to everyone else.

Ughhh........ Once again people, please pay attention here:

UPS DOES NOT CONTROL CANADA'S CUSTOMS AGENCY.

UPS is not charging you $50 and putting it into their pockets.

The Canadian government is charging the recipient an import tax. They keep the money, not UPS.

View more comments (2)

UPS has just given themselves another 5.9% rate increase

UPS has just given themselves another yearly 5.9% rate increase plus a new divisor for large packages. This is a first for them and FedEx. This is going to cause many business to go under. Consumers will not purchase items that need to be shipped. UPS is as greedy as they come and FEDEX did the same thing. UPS is doing more to cripple my business than the already horrible economy. Yes, I get discounts for shipping with UPS, but, their new divisor for dimentional weight is unbelievable. Year after year they keep raising their rates by 5.9% on the first monday of every January. I hate UPS

rent is too damm high!!

I would bet you work for UPS (not a driver)and your job is to just slough off any criticisms with saying *** things like:

"My rent is going up" No, UPS doesn't surprise me with a yearly 5.9% increase, it's no surprise, you know is coming on the first monday of every January and it's been happening for all the years past. It's no surprise.

***.

There's just going to be a breaking point for businesses and consumers. Wouldn't you love a 5.9% salary increase each 1st Monday in January of each new year?

My rent is going up this year too. Prices of products and services generally go up over time. This surprises you?

View more comments (2)

UPS in Saint Petersburg, Florida - Denied pick up was made after delivery

We shipped cases of product to Canada via UPS on 11/23/10. The Driver gave us the tracking numbers, but did not have paperwork, he took the cases and said he would return with the paperwork but did not return. We were called and informed that only 4 cases arrived and 1 was damaged. We called our local UPS office in Tampa and tried a trace the Rep Chrystal Durocher would said here system could only find 1 tracking number as being picked up, but did not show a delivery. Afetr 4 weeks with no answer from Chrystal, we called trying to place a claim- ended up, after getting shunted thru 4 other people, to a person named Jaoquin who also confirmed that there was a recoed of a pick up for 1 tracking number, but no delivery. I told him that there was already 4 cases delivered and there was a damaged case, and that I was being honest and not claiming for the entire shipment. He said he would start an investigation. Today, 1/6/11- i received a call from a person at UPS named "Unique" who now said there was no recored whatsoever of any pick-up on any cases (the pick-up record must have majically disappeared). Unique also stated that since there was no paperwork, UPS would not honor any claim, but that we should call for an inspection of the damaged case that they returned so perhaps a claim could be filed on that. To sum up- UPS makes a delivery, returns a damaged case and claims there was never any pick-up so they won't have to pay a claim (oh yeah, and majically has disappearing records). Hope this helps people choose who to use for package deliveries, for me it will no longer be UPS and every business contact that I know is getting a copy of this post.

i order a package online an track the package ups said they delivered it. they said they dropped it on the porch.i was home the day they supposedly delivered the package and never seen any trace of my goods :(

I believe they had their package picked up by a driver and the driver has to supply paperwork showing that they picked the package up. That paperwork should contain a reiteration of the shipment you've ordered.

It's been awhile though, so I'm not positive how it works since I cannot remember.

The claims process with UPS is impossible. I've read review after review of the same story I encountered with them, including this one. They wait until you give up so they don't have to fix their negligent methods.

All I have to say is that UPS does not care AT ALL about your packages. They somehow dented a well-packaged stainless-steel muffler I sent, then ran my customer and me around until my customer gave up. Probably 75% of my experience with UPS has been simply awful.

All of my eBay listings explicitly state that I absolutely will not ship UPS as a direct result of my experience with them. I primarily use USPS since they have proven very reliable and excellent package handlers.

fed ex is no better!!!!!!!

yeah this is indecipherable. drivers dont give you tracking numbers or customs forms.

you process the shipment and generate a tracking number and customs paperwork yourself and keep a record. not sure what the helll your talking about and i dont think you do either.

Sorry but I'm not following this one.

"The Driver gave us the tracking numbers, but did not have paperwork, he took the cases and said he would return with the paperwork but did not return."

What paperwork?

The customs forms?

Why would the driver be giving them to you? It should be the other way around.

View more comments (4)
Service
Ups Delivery Service

UPS in Calgary, Alberta - Destroyed shipment 3 times since November 10, 2010..

Today is January 5, 2011 and I do not have my heater. It was order from Los Angles company to ship to Canada on November 10, 2010. First shipment Fed Ex called me and told me the shipment was damaged and did not deliver to my door. Called supplier and they did a claims report and shipped out a second heater on Dec 7. Product delivered was shipped up side down when the box was clearly make which way up. Because the heater was bottom heavy over 100 pounds it crush the flues and venting. Sent pictures to supplier and another claim was made. Sent another heater on December 23, 2010. The shipment did not make it to Canada before they contacted the supplier who was informed on Dec 31 that the shipment was too damage to deliver. Totally frustrated because customer service is useless. Asked company to ship by UPS maybe I will get it this time.

I think you meant to put this in the Fedex complaint section.

Either way, the company you ordered it from is obviously not packaging their merchandise properly. There is no such thing as "THIS SIDE UP" in shipping through any company. It's an automated system and no one's reading it most of the time.

UPS LAZY IN BROOKLYN

I ordered my packages and it said it would ship today. I tracked my packages and saw that it was delivered to someone else. Now I called UPS and told them the situation and eventually finding out that the lazy delivery guy left it with the superintendent of my building. Are you kidding me. I was waiting all day for these packages, matter of fact two weeks. I go down to the superintendent, he isnt there. I go back and his wife says he has the package but to come back tomorrow. What the *CUSS*?!!!! All the driver had to do was ring the doorbell and have me come downstairs if he didnt want to come upstairs. They've truly pissed me the *CUSS* off. Don't go with UPS if you live in brookyln, ny. LAZY DRIVERRRR

I have been trying to get my package for THREE WEEKS. When it first was shiped, the driver mistakenly marked my package "no answer - third attempt" on the first try (I was home too, but they did not try to get a hold of us), and sent it back to the shipper.

(I learned about this after signing the door tag and calling them after finding the same tag the next day)... after returning the package back to california before bringing it back to new york, I am now THREE WEEKS LATER having to goto the UPS center in queens (i live in brooklyn) to pick up my package after the driver had made an attempt with "no answer" today (I was at home right by the door in the living room all day).

After mentioning to customer service that I do not have this problem with Fed-EX or the postal service, the customer service person said that maybe I should use Fed-Ex next time (REALLY!?!?!). Never had problems when I lived in the suburbs, but UPS in the city is THE WORST!!!!

I'm in Brooklyn too - expecting a 50 lbs package which is 6 days late. First there were "Emergency conditions" aka snow that kept it from being delivered.

OK -- the roads have been plowed for days and it has been warm. Just checked online and they say they attempted to deliver last night and I "refused" the package!!

I was here all day and night. It is now en route back to the shipper (no, they didn't do a second attempt - or, actually, a first) and it will be another week till it lands back in Wisconsin, and then gets reshipped here.

Our lazy UPS GROUND is located at 300 Maspeth Avenue in Brooklyn.

View more comments (1)
Service
Ups Delivery Service
I ordered from an online store who delivered through UPS. My package finally came today, while I was at work. On the tracking information it said that my package was left at the door and signed by a REL 201. Needless to say my package was not at my door, I live in an...

Rocky From Philly-

He'd probably put it into reverse before having a meltdown lol. This site attracts really smart people.

View more comments