Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS abandons packages in the woods a mile from my home

UPS now refuses to deliver my packages when it is not convenient for them, like during Xmas rush. I have a locked gate for which they have their own key. They have left very expensive items propped by my gate in the rain a mile from my home. Many packages have been stolen over the last 14 years due to being left in the woods and not delivered to my door. I receive regular daily mail service from the USPS and Fed Ex, who manage to deliver to my door and keep up with their gate keys. I have an inoperable brain tumor and my daughter and I both are disabled and often are unable to drive. Due to our disabilities we must shop by mail and internet and have many packages that must be delivered by UPS because that is the only company some shippers use. UPS has for several years managed to keep up with their key and unlock our gate to make deliveries, now they refuse to do this. At one time I spoke with one of the corporate managers, Jerry Sparks, and was assured that I would never have this problem again. Well Mr. Sparks is no longer accessible and his promise evokes no response. In fact there is no way to reach anyone in upper management according to Mahalia (no last name) in Customer Service. Speaking repeatedly to the local manager, DJ (No last name) who has very poor English (yes he is a native born North American not a foreign accent) and is very a insensitive bully who thinks the way to resolve this problem is to find someway to make it easier for his driver not to have to open the gate and deliver to the door as advertised. Mr. "DJ" admits that there are other locked gates that UPS delivers to, but insists that my gate is too much trouble to unlock. The USPS, medical assistants, FdEx, utility companies and many others manage to operate this lock and indeed UPS is capable of this simple feat when they choose to do so. Indeed UPS has for the past several years managed to unlock and deliver packages to my door, again when it suits them. Due to this recent refusal to deliver to my door without notice our gift of Christmas dinner was returned and much needed medical equipment has still not been delivered. UPS have you no shame. You can not expect to stay in business like this.

mind if i ask, what part of the country are you in?

Pop ups

I'm not a customer and have no plans to ever be one, I don't know how you get away with sending all those ***, useless pop ups, they pop up at least two or three times an hour while I'm online, if there is a way to keep these ads from popping up, please feel free to send me any and all options to do so, this is the reason that most people have nothing nice to say about the methods companys use to attract attention to themselves, If I continue to get these ads, I will file a complaint with the BBB

GET A POP UP BLOCKER you Dolt!

UPS management is horrible

So I tried to complain to a UPS supervisor that a driver repeatedly has sex in his truck on his route behind my store, Im in a strip mall. They asked for the truck number, I gave it and his name-Brian Beauvais. They said they'd look into it. A month later he was still meeting the same woman, in the same place, same time. I called again, they said they didn't observe that behavior when they did their ride along. What?!? Obviously he isnt going to do that with the boss sitting along the side of him. He is no longer our driver, he has a new route, probably needed some new meat.

Obviously this writer has no idea how UPS works. Not saying he is lying, but sure does not sound right.

First, UPS would probably not send a supervisor in the truck with the driver. It would have someone follow the truck or be at the "alledged" site and observe the driver. Second, the new route may be at the request of the falsely accused driver that UPS honored to avoid any further defamation of the driver or UPS. Also, the routes are time-managed and drop offs are electronically date and timed stamped.

I wonder how the driver would explain any time losses. Maybe it was his lunch and that is how he chose to spend it.

Be careful when giving out someone's name if you don't have the facts or are "surmising" what is going on.

What business is it of yours if the driver is having sex in the back of his truck? If he gets a little action on his lunch break how does that affect you? You sound like a jealous troublemaker.

very funny but from the other side of the fence I worked for a distribution company in the UK and use to meet the mangeress at one of the stores I delivered to in a large mall ... yep my truck use to be rockin ...

great days .... funny too i was promoted lol

ever consider just joining them

catty

this is hilarious, was the truck rockin? or were you peeking in the window?

just seems silly to me to do the "deed" in the company truck in a strip mall parking lot in broad daylight. i really want to hear how this ends

LOL! I can't defend this one!

View more comments (5)
Review

UPS in Portland, Oregon - Customer service handicapped!!

so why is it that you cannot speak with a specific shipping center location? i had a package shipped and it was sent from one state to the state that I am located in, from there it was shipped back to denver. I understand they have investigations for a reason, but wouldn't be way easier and faster for a customer to get ashold of the shipping center where the package is supposedly supposed to be? Very dissapointed with the customer service, all they could do was tell me what they couldn't do! will never use them again if I can help it! don't wish anything bad on anyone, though very dissapointing customer service.

In addition to having 25,000 pkgs the clerks process them at night not during the day. So unless you want a call at 3:00am asking for your correct address.

verify it with the shipper twice,thrice and then again. If its addressed correctly then it will be delivered correctly.

There's generally around 25,000 packages going in and out of any given warehouse in a single day. Do you think they're going to stop everything to look for your package just because you don't feel like following the same procedure everyone else has to follow?

View more comments (1)
Loss

UPS Store service is pathetic and so is their Customer service

I chose the best service to ship a package to India. It was supposed to be delivered in 3 days. It has been 8 days and the package has not been delivered yet. The worst thing is their customer service. I called 1-800-PICK-UPS number and they told me to call up the store where I shipped the package from. I call up the store and they guy told me I dont know what to do about it. And they charged me $60 for this pathetic service. Does anybody have any number that I can file a complain? Regards, Deepak Gupta.

It's probably stuck in Indian customs. (Indian Government) There's nothing anyone can do about that.

Loss

UPS in Mount Laurel, New Jersey - Cardboard box of books left in wet snow.

The UPS driver left a cardboard box full of expensive college textbooks in wet snow. He threw it onto the deck instead of walking 15 ft to the door; did not ring the doorbell. Luckily, we were home, saw the truck come up the driveway, and went out immediately - or else the books would have been ruined. We had each gone to separate doors to receive the package, but the truck drove away so we went out to look for the box. In a matter of seconds, the bottom flaps of the box were already soaked through. Very lazy, careless, and *** employee!!! And the UPS website limits complaint emails to a few characters, so they obviously don't want to hear about it.

Probably should have shoveled your walkway/porch if you were expecting a delivery.

Review

UPS delivery not on time, wasted my time

I ordered a phone, when it as finally available it was shipped UPS one-day delivery. I waited around all day, the tracking number said it was all good for on time delivery today. Finally, at 8:30 PM I called customer service, with online tracking STILL saying it would be delivered today. Customer service told me that it wouldn't be delivered until tomorrow, because they didn't get the package in time. That's a lie -- their online tracking information says it left Kentucky or Tennessee at 12:14 AM EST this morning, and that it arrived in California about 75 miles from me at 8:43 PST this morning. Twelve hours later, with the online system telling me it's still on time for delivery today, suddenly it's tomorrow because they "Didn't get it in time." If you didn't get it in time, you shouldn't have had your computer tell me ALL DAY that it would be delivered TODAY.

DROPPED OFF PACKAGE 9 AM TUES DEC 17. I PAID EXTRA TO HAVE IT DELIVERED BY FRIDAY DEC 20.

THE PACKAGE DID NOT ARRIVE. I CHECKED THE TRACKER AND IT SAID ARRIVED. I ASSUME AT THE FACILITY. I THOUGHT I WOULD THEN GET IT ON SAT THE 21ST.

IT IS NOW 8 PM AND NO PACKAGE. WHAT ABOUT THE EXTRA MONEY I PAID FOR 3 DAY DELIVERY.

My guess is the people you order from aren't shipping on the day you think they are. The only way to tell for sure is to check the tracking online.

It will tell you when UPS actually took control of your package. If they are indeed late on delivery they do have a Guaranteed Service Refund policy which would pay your shipping cost back to your shipper were the packages late by fault of UPS.

Around half of the packages I order and pay I day delivery for are usually received in 2 days. Their excuses belie their horrible service.

They were the best many years ago, no they're only mediocre creating excuses for their lateness.

FedEx and USPS will get my business in the future. I will never again spend 1 cent with UPS, EVER.

I have shipped through UPS on 1/7/11. Expected shipment delivery date has crossed, still they didn't deliver.

I called them many times,but they are careless and Lethargic. I am going to file a sue on them.

View more comments (3)
Review

UPS Discriminates Against People Who Live in Trailers!

UPS left me a notice saying they were unable to leave my package because my signature was required. So today I wait for hours, even though I have a ton to do and my dad is in the hospital. When UPS arrived I was told I did not need to sign, but they are just unable to leave a package if you live in a trailer. WTF?! WHY do they discriminate? WHY did the delivery man LIE on the InfoNotice by checking the box that said I HAD to sign to receive my package? UPS DISCRIMINATES AGAINST PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN TRAILERS. TELL EVERYONE!!!

The notice says "written authorization required". If you flip the notice over, you would see there is a place to sign on the back allowing them to leave the package on your porch if you are not home. Then it becomes your responsibility if someone walks by and steals it:)

UPS can't leave a package in a trailer park because it's considered high risk for being stolen. Generally there isn't a good place to put a package out of sight.

View more comments (1)
Review

UPS lost an entire suitcase along with my wedding rings and didn't even say

During October, I relocated from Mexico to the US. At the very last moment we realized we had too much luggage, and my wife (which yes, does trust anyone instantly and suspects of noone) decided to ship her luggage through UPS. For this, we went to a multi-service shop that ships from many different companies. These were 4 small boxes and one large box (which contained the briefcase). The quoted me the total and I paid. I wasn't aware insurance was to contracted (I thought that would be for expensive things that have a high replacement cost). The told me the package would arrive in about a week. A week later, we were already in the US, and the packages were still far from our new home in Jersey City. Ten days into it, we were still without notice of the 5 packages. More days passed, and then 4 boxes arrived. The boxes were totally damaged, as if they had thrown them from a 5 story building, 10 times in a row: 90% of the items we sent on the smaller boxes, even though carefully protected and packaged, had to be thrown away. Yet, we mostly care for the luggage piece, as I found out that not only my wife cloths where there, but also our wedding rings and her youth photo album. Of course, she didn't have copies of scans of any of those photographs (naif, yes). So we called UPS to find out what was happening, and they couldn't do anything about it. We called at least 20 times during the next 20 days, to no avail. They didn't know what happened to the box with luggage. They later told me I couldn't file for a complain, not even when the shippment made it clear that I was the Sender and Receiver of the packages: the original company that has an agreement with them had to make the complain. At that point, I lost all faith in UPS. What happened then is that the shipper from Mexico issued a Claim, and they took like 3 weeks or so "to try to find the missing package". Then at some point, my wife received a PDF saying that they couldn't find it, and offering us the chance to include the value of each item along with a scanner copy of the invoices. Of course, I don't have the invoice for my wedding rings, but even if I had one, I'd want my original rings back, not money. This is very important to me. The photos are also irreplaceable. What worried me most is that not even a person called me, and that they offered no reason at all for what migth have happened. They charged me close to $400 USD for the packages, they lost the important one close to Jersey City (where it should have been delivered) and delivered the other four completely broken/damaged. I will try to get to their management to ask them to keep looking, but seeing how they didn't even let me file a Claim even though I was the one that paid, the sender and the recipient of the packages, is a great indicator of how little this company cares about their clients. Then the shop that sent the shipment forwarded us the Claim file (PackageInformation.pdf) which had the codes to file the claim. But when I try to place the claim (even though I obviously don't keep track of all the invoices for my wife's cloths nor wedding ring) it tells me (in spanish) that "We cannot process incidents this at this moment. Please try again later". I tell this story to every person as a personal favor: avoid United Parcel Service (UPS) as much as you can. Refuse to buy anything shipped from UPS. It's in your best interest. As a side comment, not all the reps were rude as some other commented. But those that were, behaved in an extremely unhelpful and even rude manner. At some points, one UPS guy at the phone appeared to be extremely pleased of not be able to do anything and to not care in the list...things like "What you are telling me makes perfect sense, but there is nothing we can do about this". I asked for a supervisor, and he left me on the phone for 20 minutes then the call was automatically disconnected. I got to "know" like 15 different people, and I say only 2 tried to help, 10 didn't care at all and 3 should have never been hired by any respectable company in the first place. UPS shareholders, you will owe me this one forever and for generations. Not that I care that much, but I feel great telling everyone I meet my story when it makes sense. I am sure you already lost a few hundreds from lower income, and will keep spreading the word on any occasion where it makes sense. Tracking number was: H8663603732 Federico
Loss

UPS leaves packages at the road not at my door

I have a gate at the entrance of my drive it is shut at night,but opens easily.My packages such as steaks,ham,computer checks are thrown under the gate and left by a busy through fare, which could easily be stolen.Delivery is usually after dark and I have no way of knowing when delivery is made. Untill this last year all UPS deliveries were made to my door but suddenly the delivery man is to lazy to open a gate. I do not have a name of the delivery man It was UPS Ground out of Alamogordo

Give us your exact address and I will judge this complaint as genuine or fake junk

I have lived in Alamogordo for 55 years, so know your location.Just give the street you live on, I will then know your exact address.

Which busy street does the UPS leave the pachages on?