Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS SCAMS ON DELIVERY and don't care!

UPS seems to be going from bad to worst. They made THREE DELIVERIES attempts to my residential address at the same time (during lunch hours) only to tell me that I had to go pick up the package MYSELF at their delivery center. THEY NEVER ATTEMPTED TO DELIVER AFTER 5PM as stated in the post-it. BEWARE OF UPS!! They are cutting corners and throwing the consequences to the consumer. If you are willing to pay for a service HALF delivered then keep helping UPS rack profits out of your back! FEDEX had this problem in the past and they have solved it.
Loss

UPS did not deliver, will not refund for their failure

UPS cites local poor weather conditions here in washington DC as a reason for not having delivered a 1 lb package--from drop to deliver a 6 mile trip. I called to check on refund options two days later--they said there are none because its "...the weather's fault the delivery failed". FedEx on the other hand DID deliver, the same type of package, from a nearby drop to the same addressee--they did it on time, before 10:00 AM. When it absolutely, positively, has to be there overnight...stick with FedEx and dump UPS (or be prepared for non-delivery and no refund).

Also in the DC area... UPS has not been able to deliver 2 packages since the 26th.

The roads are clear, and driving by my local UPS facility so is their loading dock...

at anyrate, FedEx was able to get a similar package to me today. Dump UPS, stick with FedEx.

Have been waiting for 2 days now for delivery in Queens NY. Item was on a truck for delivery to our store yesterday but never arrived.

Overnight the status changed to undeliverable due to weather so this morning I called UPS's 800 number to have the package (inventory for my store) held at our local depot. UPS refused to hold package because there had not been an attempt to deliver yet. I asked to have the local depot call me back (which I've done before). Refused because there had been no attempt to deliver yet.

In that case the status that it was on a truck out for delivery on Thursday ...

was a lie? Something wacky going on over at UPS

I agree... while I understand that "adverse weather conditions" are legitimate and do happen, I'm more pissed that UPS can't tell me WHERE my package is....

they're able to track it all the way around the globe, but when it comes down to the local sorting site 10 miles from my house, they're no longer able to say whether it's on a truck or in a warehouse? How can they not know this? I was offering to come pick it up because the roads are now fine(in my SmartCar! In the "adverse weather" that has since passed.

While their trucks supposedly aren't able to handle it), but they can't tell me where it is or when the weather will be good enough to resume delivery? So fed up with UPS.

View more comments (2)
Review

UPS shipping charges unclear, over inflated

Went to a chain store to mail a package 1/22 from Minneapolis to Chicago. I admit it was a large box, and I was charged $58 for 2nd day air, which I paid as the box contained a loaf of bread. When I checked on the package Tuesday 1/25, I learned it had gone from Minneapolis, to Des Moines, IA; to Louisville, KY; to Hodgkins, IN; and arrived in Chicago at 12:10 AM on the 25th. It was not delivered to my daughter's address until 5:08 PM however - after the mail station for her dorm had closed. When I spoke to a CSR on Tues afternoon, I was told that the package should have been delivered on Monday and that if I called back after it had been confirmed as delivered I could get a partial refund for the service I paid for but did not receive (2 day air). I called back today and was told that information was incorrect and that they DID have until Tues. to deliver it as they don't count Sundays, and really they don't have many staff working Saturdays either. This is ridiculous for a company that is completely based on doing nothing but package delivery. I'm incensed I had to pay so much for such poor service. I will be careful to never use UPS again.

No carriers deliver on Sunday, or consider it a business day. Pretty common knowledge.

And how could they have delivered it after the place closed?

Review
UPS has instituted a policy that you must give them a drivers license and they input the license # to stay with the package. when complained about their response is "we don't share that" 2 points 1) thats a lie just like airport scanners dont save pictures. 2) It...
LadyScot

They started this in 2010 dude. From UPS:

Photo ID Requirement at Retail Shipping Locations

Service Update

The safety and security of our customers, business partners, and employees is of utmost concern. Our approach is a multi-layered approach to security, implementing additional security precautions to protect people, shipments, or our facilities.

As a result, UPS is enhancing security measures around shipments that originate at retail shipping locations worldwide.

Effective December 7, 2010, consumers who originate and tender a shipment to any retail shipping location will be required to show a government-issued photo ID as a form of identification. The photo must match the person tendering the shipment.

This procedure is already in place in some UPS locations and is being expanded to include all retail shipping locations worldwide, including authorized shipping outlets, alliance and MBE locations, plus The UPS Store® franchisees.

Customers who have already prepared a shipping label--for example, through their business or personal UPS account--are not currently required to present an ID.

If sufficient verification of identity is not obtained at the retail shipping location, customers will not be allowed to ship via UPS services. Acceptable forms of ID include:

State-issued driver's license or Department of Motor Vehicles ID

U.S. or foreign government-issued passport

U.S. Permanent Resident Card or "Green Card"

U.S. military ID

Native American Tribal Photo ID

As always, we thank you for your business and for helping to enhance safety.

View more comments

UPS in Washington, District Of Columbia - Delayed Delivery

I was to receive my son's medication through UPS delivery this past Friday Jan 21,2011. I had paid the pharmaceutical company extra for this expedited delivery. When I checked late Friday as not delivered yet, I saw UPS had changed delivery date to Monday 1/24/2011 due to "emergency". The "emergency" was not defined. Since my autistic son depends on his medication and would have to go without the entire weekend with consequences, I called UPS customer service. They refused to even document my concern as a complaint. I at least wanted it documented. I also hoped maybe I could pick up the package since it couldn't be delivered but was never offered that as an option. I knew the local center would be open as I've picked up there in the past.

Mesquite, TX, United States 12/20/2013 1:00 P.M. Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.

Mesquite, TX, United States 12/19/2013 3:00 P.M. Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.

12/19/2013 4:00 A.M. Arrival Scan

Dallas, TX, United States 12/19/2013 3:29 A.M. Departure Scan

Dallas, TX, United States 12/17/2013 9:23 A.M. Arrival Scan

12/17/2013 9:00 A.M. Your package encountered a delay. We expect your delivery will be postponed by one business day.

Memphis, TN, United States 12/16/2013 5:27 P.M. Departure Scan

12/16/2013 2:22 P.M. Arrival Scan

Roanoke, VA, United States 12/16/2013 4:29 A.M. Departure Scan

Roanoke, VA, United States 12/13/2013 5:41 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 12/13/2013 1:48 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

You people that blame UPS for late delivery due to bad weather are just plain ignorant. Order early and I don't want to hear the you get a better price if you wait BS story either.

Medications shipped via UPS like I do, ALWAYS have a back up plan because you NEVER know when a weather delay will close an airport or a highway. Take responsibility for your own screw ups and quit blaming the person behind the counter or the rep on the phone they have NO CONTROL OVER THE WEATHER!

@Smart enough to order early/ha

You need to understand that UPS never ever specifies the reason of why they delay, and if we ask, it's because the place has a foot of snow, yet still roads are FINE. UPS Are seriosly the most ignornat people ever, they delay *** as much as possible.

You probably are just some 40 year old that has never expierenced this annoying piece of *** company. They ask for you to file a complaint for a refund for overnight shipping getting delayed, We shouldn't have to!

They should do that. It's not all there fault, sometimes weather is there fault, but mainly, it's them, just being a**hol*s

@Smart enough to order early/ha

Hmm. Well they are a multi-million dollar company.

In my opinion they should follow the time line they themselves set. I understand weather is random but that is not the customers fault. The person above is a consumer going on the timeline set by the company. It is their job to get the package out.

Would it be a good idea to have other medication handy;Sure but that's probably why they ordered it and expedited the order. Maybe you should get off your soap box.

Canadian Customs is a joke! Blame THEM!

There isn't one package that crosses the border that they don't try to squeeze a penny out of.

Any and EVERY delay across the border IS Canadian Customs fault, believe it. And nearly every delivery they tack on customs fees, or try to...They need money to pay for 'free' healthcare.

I hate using UPS because all they do is lie about everything. I am in Canada and UPS favorite excuse is customs delays!!

Every time I have used their worthless service, I get the customs delay excuse. I tend to use DHL for all of my deliveries but for some reason, DHL does service all of the US, thus I have to use *** services like UPS and even when I pay for the express service and they guarantee delivery in 1-2 days, it still gets delayed even when all the paperwork is filled correctly. A very important order was supposed to be here yesterday and now it's delayed until today. The customer service people are all taught to say "I am sorry but there is nothing we can do"!!!

for such a large company, they sure do know how to screw people all the time!!!! I hate UPS and I avoid them at all costs!!!!!

Oh and \"JUST ME\" have you ever been around an autistic child? This lady has her hands very full.

Did you ever stop and think that maybe she couldn\'t order the meds sooner because of insurance reasons or something else. Some autistic children are extremely difficult to care for and this poor lady depended on UPS to deliver a service that they failed on.

She even paid for faster shipping and they wouldn\'t even help her knowing the situation. Shame on you for such an ignorant comment and shame on worthless UPS!!

I absolutely hate UPS and will never use it again unless I absolutely have no other choice!! They mess every single package of mine up.

The status updates are never correct. I had a package that was to be delivered on Tuesday and here it is Saturday and still no package. We had a little bit of snow so I overlooked it at first but the current status has said my package has been in my area for a few days now. I called to see what was going on and to pick it up myself and I was told I couldn't because it was locked in a truck.

I asked why its been in my area for a few days and not delivered and was told UPS has not been out on the roads for days. Well that was interesting considering my neighbor got their package yesterday. All full of excuses and lies. Are roads are not even bad and have been clear for days.

Fedex and every other truck out there has been delivering for the past few days.

We only got about 5 inches of snow almost a week ago....not a blizzard!!! UPS...never again!!!

you pkg probly got snowed in up north,therefore there was no way for you to pick it up.did you check where the last arrival scan took place when you tracked it?although i agree it is an inconvenience to have a pkg you paid for delayed, i would recommend not waiting till the last minute to fill your sons' meds.his health and welfare do depend on your' level of responsibility.

View more comments (8)

UPS in Denver, Colorado - 50 percent failure

50 percent failure 6 boxes shipped to potential investors, each containing a prototype that took us weeks to build. I personally packed each as if it was nitroglycerin. Box 1 arrived with no external damage, although a well-protected part was broken in half. I did not file a claim on this one. Box 2 arrived with no external damage, although the packing material was missing, the product had been disassembled and its parts were scattered throughout the box. I filed a claim but their making me jump through hoops, asking for pictures, the invoice, a packing list, their tracking number, my account number and my shipper ID, all of which I've been mailing one at a time because each time they get what they asked for they ask for something more. I'm mailing these because after spending an hour trying to send it using the electronic link they emailed, I called only to find out it doesn't work. Box 3 arrived looking like a used piñata, the bubble wrap I personally wrapped around and taped to the prototype was gone, the prototype disassembled and its parts were scattered through out the box. I filed a claim and UPS sent a driver out to inspect it. A couple days latter a UPS customer service rep. called, she said, "I'm sorry your box was damaged in shipment, unfortunately your claim has been denied because the box you used does not meet UPS standards." The confirmation email stated the box was not strong enough to hold the 8-pound item. The other 3 arrived without damage. A few days latter they emailed 4 credit card adjustment notices, 3 dimensional weight adjustments ($22.16, $13.00 $16.22), and 1 address correction charge ($10.00). All 6 boxes were clearly marked 18x18x16, but UPS measured 19x18x17, 18x17x17 and 19x18x17. After several back and forth emails they issued credits on 2, they're not retuning my emails regarding the other 2. Concerned that one of their employees was stealing my invention, I called customers service, after telling my story, the rep. said "Sorry your boxes were damaged in shipment, you can file a claim on line or if you like I can help you." Sensing I was upset he transferred my call to a higher-up. After telling her my story she said, "Sorry your boxes were damaged in shipment, you can file a claim on line or if you like I can help you." UPS gets away with this because they can, if one of my customers complains I fix it, when theirs complain they say "Sorry…can't do anything for you, it's ok if you fire us, our system is set up to make more money with less customers. If only there was law firm willing to after these crooks and make them pay back the millions they're stealing from us with their fraudulent measurements and insurance fees for claims they deny at their discretion. Isn't it a crying shame our only recourse is posting UPS *** stories, I'm posting mine hoping it will help me get over it and go on to more important matters, like finding a few potential investors to replace the ones UPS lost.

"I'll look into it" is a pretty standard account rep response for any issue you present them with, though I'm interested to hear what happens with this.

And I'm not a UPS employee making excuses for myself and blaming you instead. If I worked for UPS, I likely wouldn't be posting under the name UPSFedexUSPS, lol.

I just have a lot of experience with all aspects of the commercial shipping process and try to point people in the right direction when I can. Sometimes the truth hurts though, I guess.

Sorry pal, just had the my UPS account rep take a look, she didn't find anything wrong with the way I packed them, she agreed there was something fishy going on and pledged to look into it. Just another UPS employee trying to blame the customer for anything they do wrong!

People come into my store all the time and tell me that they've packed something well, only to find out they've used newspaper or those airbags to cushion their high value, fragile item. In the year 2010, I packed about 3600 items, probably a third of them considered breakable, and I had a grand total of 4 items break during shipment.

Those 4 claims were filed and paid without question because of my good track record. If 50% of the items you ship are being damaged, then I'm sorry to break it to you, but you're not good at packaging my friend.

View more comments (3)

UPS in Denver, Colorado - 50 percent failure

50 percent failure 6 boxes shipped to potential investors, each containing a prototype that took us weeks to build. I personally packed each as if it was nitroglycerin. Box 1 arrived with no external damage, although a well-protected part was broken in half. I did not file a claim on this one. Box 2 arrived with no external damage, although the packing material was missing, the product had been disassembled and its parts were scattered throughout the box. I filed a claim but their making me jump through hoops, asking for pictures, the invoice, a packing list, their tracking number, my account number and my shipper ID, all of which I've been mailing one at a time because each time they get what they asked for they ask for something more. I'm mailing these because after spending an hour trying to send it using the electronic link they emailed, I called only to find out it doesn't work. Box 3 arrived looking like a used piñata, the bubble wrap I personally wrapped around and taped to the prototype was gone, the prototype disassembled and its parts were scattered through out the box. I filed a claim and UPS sent a driver out to inspect it. A couple days latter a UPS customer service rep. called, she said, "I'm sorry your box was damaged in shipment, unfortunately your claim has been denied because the box you used does not meet UPS standards." The confirmation email stated the box was not strong enough to hold the 8-pound item. The other 3 arrived without damage. A few days latter they emailed 4 credit card adjustment notices, 3 dimensional weight adjustments ($22.16, $13.00 $16.22), and 1 address correction charge ($10.00). All 6 boxes were clearly marked 18x18x16, but UPS measured 19x18x17, 18x17x17 and 19x18x17. After several back and forth emails they issued credits on 2, they're not retuning my emails regarding the other 2. Concerned that one of their employees was stealing my invention, I called customers service, after telling my story, the rep. said "Sorry your boxes were damaged in shipment, you can file a claim on line or if you like I can help you." Sensing I was upset he transferred my call to a higher-up. After telling her my story she said, "Sorry your boxes were damaged in shipment, you can file a claim on line or if you like I can help you." UPS gets away with this because they can, if one of my customers complains I fix it, when theirs complain they say "Sorry…can't do anything for you, it's ok if you fire us, our system is set up to make more money with less customers. If only there was law firm willing to after these crooks and make them pay back the millions they're stealing from us with their fraudulent measurements and insurance fees for claims they deny at their discretion. Isn't it a crying shame our only recourse is posting UPS Sucks stories, I'm posting mine hoping it will help me get over it and go on to more important matters, like finding a few potential investors to replace the ones UPS lost.
Review

I will never use UPS again!!!!!

I waited all day on my package and i got an email the next day stating it was left on the front door at 8:09 pm which was a lie.I think the driver stole it.I see it as very unprofessional.I live in an APT building i made a note for them to call my number when they arrive.This has been my 3rd time with this issue.Fedex is much better but most businesses uses.I am stomy mad ! So now the company will have to ship another product to me via overnight shipping hoping ill get it this time.

does your apt. complex recieve pkgs at the office?

if so the driver should have left a note that it was delivered there. if not,then as a driver myself i would know if it was a safe location to leave a pkg.i do not have time to call all the people that request it.

it is my phone not ups's.and if you have problems getting your pkgs, have you thought of having them shipped to your workplace? it might even be cheaper.the driver makes over 30 dollars an our i doubt he would risk his job for 1 pkg.

Shipped a total of 4 packages to the Breakers Hotel in Palm Beach,FL. Three pkgs arrived on the scheduled date. The fourth package being 90lbs with dimensions of 45"h x20"x19" is last scanned at UPS Riviera Beach, FL Hub.Its almost 8 days and zip,nada,no package??!!WT..!

How do you lose an elephant in a cage?

Big Brown TOOK A BIG DUMP!

My customer is mad,annoyed and feels violated that this could happen.

This is Criminal..Getting No Justice.

Where is the survailence cameras!!Find The Package!

View more comments (1)
Review

Ups can't find my box after it was supposed to be returned from claims

i took a damaged box back from my customer in fla and gave him his $ .i sent in for a claim to the office 20 miles away they said insufficiant packing then sent it back to the guy in fla instead of me .told me they would pick it up the next day and after several calls picked it up 2 weeks later .they say it's in the lost in found in fla .if they can't find it they said they will not pay the claim and i'm out the money .wtf kind of company stays in business doing that *** ?ups stinks

UPS-just lazy??

I waited ALL day for delivery. At 730pm, they called. Said it was 3rd attempt & now we have to pick up. I only knew of 2 attempt, remember-I was was home all day & waited until 7pm for them. When my boyfriend got home, there was a delivery sticker on our door. They were too lazy to knock!! Now I am trying to find a number to call and complain! They could get out of the truck to leave a sticker but not knock!! What kind of *** is that? I will no longer be using this worthless delivery company. FED-EX is just so much more easy to deal with. And they are nice!!

first of all ups does not call to inform that a delivery attempt. they send postcards.and i couldn't tell you how many times i have knocked on a door knowing someone was home,but they can't hear me because they have the stereo or tv on too loud.

even with their dogs barking at me and them yelling at the dog to shut up, without bothering to look out the window. i don't have all day to stand out front knocking and ringing your bell so i can get a signature..and when you see the notice , read it sometimes you can just sign the back and we will leave it.sometimes.