Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS Unreliable and Ultra Poor Service (UPS)

Needed to send my passport to Belgium and back to get Visa for my next business trip. Need it urgently back to be able to fly out on Thursday May 5th 6:50AM. I checked first with FedEx,DHL and UPS who guaranteed me a return on Wednesday May 4th. UPS Belgium explicitly did. Since the letter did not arrive on the promised hour, I started checking. Found out I was misinformed. OK, I want to leave the country and need my passport for that. Please help. The only option was the letter arriving in Dallas (where I am working right now) before 7PM and then I could pick it up at the counter of the UPS hub. Checking again at 6PM: nothing moves. Even after about 3 hours on the phone to try to get a solution, my document is sitting for about 12 hours in Louisville. Nothing moves. The people at the call center are very well trained to repeat the same kind of standard answers. they are totally unable to even think solution- or customer centered. End result: I'm stuck, will have to buy a new ticket to Europe and loose a business appointment. And all that could have been prevented with a company that is service oriented. Not UPS An absolute shame. Unbelievably bad service.

How much time did you have to plan this trip it sounds a little last minute. A good business would plan for problems and not but it off to the last minute but what do I know

DON'T OPEN UPS ACCOUNT ON UPS.COM

UPS ACCOUNT SYSTEM IS WORST .I BILLED FOR 5 INVOICEE EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T USEM PLEASE....... BEAWARE OF THIS ***.When i called to custmor service she found that somebody handwritting was miss spelled or ups people didn't matched with person who actually shipped athing so they pulled my account because it is close to me .So she has to reversed to party who actaully shipped .if shipper filled form and put a shipper no is not writting might be pulled your acct if it close to your then you guys get billed well i closed my account

i DON'T UNDERSTAND A THING YOUR TRYING TO SAY STOP WRITING IN BROKEN ENGLISH

UPS 2nd day a joke!

Ordered goods on Wednesday. Paid extra for 2nd day delivery, but won't receive goods until Monday, 5 days later. UPS received goods on Thursday, but doesn't count Thursday as day 1. UPS counts Friday as day 1 (which is really day 2) UPS doesn't count Saturday -- as a "business" day even though the company does business worldwide on Saturday. What's the point of paying for 2-day delivery if you really get it in 5 days unless you pay extra again for Saturday delivery. False advertising! Bad service! I will never use this company again. Predatory!

All you white trash talking about "you have no right to be upset the postage didn't get there when the contract you agreed to by paying for said it would" are probably too *** to read wtf I just said. Man, I hate white trash.

That's why I vote republican- just to know you idiots aren't benefitting from my tax dollars. *** white trash, how did you even get a computer to type on?

Someone who probably has a problem with their mail showing up late must have taught you on their computer. Hahaha trailer trash

UPS keeps sending my package back and forth from Spokane to Hermiston because *** at Sprint put the wrong zip code on the package. And they are even bigger idiots at UPS because they cannot figure out where it needs to be with the city and state, or at least send it back to the sender.

I finally got ahold of someone who works at UPS in Hermiston where the package was at and she actually got mad at the fact I had their number because I guess it was not supposed to be given out (I did enough complaining with customer support they finally gave me Hermiston's direct line) and she did say she would have their team physically look for the package and make sure it went to the right place which is Vancouver, WA. Well what do you know, it is back in Spokane again, complete opposite direction. And the lady at UPS tried to tell me that it goes through and automation machine and if the zip code is wrong they don't know where to send it so I made a comment that I should have sent it though postal service and she tried telling me they use the same technique. BS on that because my husband used to be a supervisor in the automation department and if the zip code did not match the city and state they either pysically looked it up themselves and if they still were unable to determine the correct address they would send it back to the sender.

But these idiots won't even send it back to Sprint. And Sprint refuses to send us a new phone because according to the tracking number it is "in transit".

Eric

Where in the Constitution does is say you have the right to life liberty and Saturday package delivery.

The older I get the more I believe I live in a country of jackazz’s. Thanks Eric for proving my point.

So what about those of us who have a business that operates 24/7? Where is our rights to have it ordered on Wednesday morning, and should get it by Friday or Saturday!?

My BUSINESS runs on Saturdays.

The days off mon-fri operations is over people. This planet earth runs 24/7.

What time did you order on Wed??? If UPS didn't get the pkg until thurs, then next day air would be?

say it with me...friday-that's correct. Now, the tricky part- 2nd day air would be.....?

you're just learning that saturday isn't a business day? you're new to earth aren't you?

So if they had received a 1 day package on Thursday should it arrive same then??

View more comments (6)

UPS...Hire Some Better Workers

UPS delivers into my apartment, but I forgot the apartment number, so instead it leaves and requests the apartment number from the sender. 1. UPS did not call me to ask for my apartment number, since I did include my phone number. 2. UPS driver was too dumb to check the maintenance office for information regarding receiver, since my name was supplied. Maybe UPS was thinking of holding on to the package to ensure it gets to the receiver, but at least they should have checked with the office! I asked and the office said nothing came up about my package... 3. $10 shipping fee for a 12 day shipping time...total nonsense. Bottom line, UPS should throughly scrutinize whilst hiring to avoid hiring *** who cannot seem to get the job done correctly, and the shippping

i live in an apartment building to and yesterday at the exact time the tracking information said it arrived and failed someone tried to buzz in and simply said "i think i have the wrong address" i mean wth and on their second attempt they didnt even buzz in they just said failed attempt and left it at that.

smedrik

You had an incomplete address, that is entirely your fault. So you expect the UPS driver to use his personal cell phone (one is not issued by the company) To try and track you down?

You are not the only delivery of the day, if you address is incomplete they have neither the time nor resources to track you down.

The only dumb-*** in this scenario is the guy who doesn't know his address.

Our UPS driver is lazy and ***. I live in an apartment building with a security entrance.

People who want to enter have to find a name (not apt. #) and enter a 3 digit code. It rings your landline or cellphone and you buzz them to let them in. That way, if there is no apt.# on the package, the driver can still contact you and you tell them what apt.

# to go to. This system solves a couple of problems. Deaf people are alerted to deliveries or visitors by a light and it's not necessary for them to hear someone at the door. Tenants can screen visitors.

Many people will not even answer their door unless they are expecting someone. Our UPS driver may have 8 packages for 8 different apartments but he only buzzes 1 to gain entrance and then goes around knocking on the doors of deaf people and people who won't answer there door unless they've invited someone. We have the security entrance for that purpose. Also by ringing the phone we can be anywhere in the building and not miss the delivery.

The drivers should be buzzing each apartment individually. Period. It's not that hard. He doesn't have to go back to entrance after each delivery.

Buzz each one when he get's there and let people know he has arrived. I have missed 2 deliveries this wee because the driver did not buzz me.The thing that really sucks is, there's no way to call and speak to someone at UPS about this. You cannot get a live person. Just prompts and no way to leave a message.

I may be in the laundry room, the lobby, the office or someone elses apartment. Buzz me you jerks.

So here's the thing, drivers have 200 stops to make in a day, and a handful (or more) of those stops are *** like you...do you think they have time to run down every possibility and talk to every person that doesn't know how to address a package? Of course not, idiots like you slow down the process.

NcoClub

Here we go again!!! OP blaiming the shipper when its their own *** fault.

You were asked a minimum of THREE times to verify your shipping address BEFORE you submitted your order!!!

Were you drinking or sniffing something when you ordered? YOU made the mistake so stop winning, get a life and PAY ATTENTION...bet you text while driving as well!!!

View more comments (4)

Update by user Apr 27, 2011

well looks like UPS saw the light and is refunding my shipping cost

Update by user Apr 26, 2011

Weather was not a factor especially when NOAA reported the island of Oahu as \"DRY\" EVERYWHERE as in no rain fall in ALL THE RAIN Gauges. UPS agent says that they don\'t have to refund when \"adverse\"...

I ordered an item next day air from Amazon coming from Ontario, CA. The next morning I get a text message saying that my package is being delayed due to sever weather in the area.

I looked up the weather and its frickin 80 and sunny in Ontario. Are you kidding me?!?!?! I live in the Midwest where there actually is severe weather.

I can only assume a UPS employee forgot to pick up or drop off my package and coded it out as "weather" to save their own ***. Ridiculous.

View more comments
Loss
UPS - Stepped on my delivery, boot print on box
Here is what I wrote and am thinking about sending to any local news agency. Not that it will change anything any way but its a good way to vent. I received a package from UPS with a big dirty boot print on top of the box containing a $300 item. I was really...

Sure looks odd.

A perfect shoe print on the box with no damage to the box.

Yet, it would take great pressure to leave a perfect footprint on the box.

Something does not look right with this picture.

View more comments
Review

UPS fails to deliver again. UPS please just go out of business.

I have decided to move all of my corporate business away from UPS and back to one of our other couriers. This is the second time in 2 weeks that a critical shipment has not made it to it's destination at the time promised (and paid for). Likewise, the customer service agents repeat the same script to my staff and offer no remedy to the problems. Today I became personally involved so I could experience first hand the same frustration my staff has suffered through in dealing with this highly incompetent and unreliable service. We were using another carrier and moved to UPS based on an offset in price. The offset in price will not recover my disgruntled customer relationships that I have spent years building. I truly have come to hate UPS and will pay added expense to avoid utilizing them in the future. Do us all a favor and go out of business.

I am still waiting for a package that was supposed to be delivered overnight and its now 5 days later. The status shows it left their delivery center but does not show ut was delivered.

We have notified UPS and the status now says tracing package.

A very important doc that I will have to through a lot to get.To *** with UPS I am going to file a big claim for inconvenience even if they find it. If they don't will be even be worse..

I waited for a week for a package from my son in Indiana. Finally got one notice saying it was the third notice and they're returning the package to the sender.

I call them since they do still have the package, and ask them to send it back to me, I'll pick it up. Can't be done, they tell me. They tell me I have to get my son send it again.

And what would be any different this time, I ask? No response.

So, be aware: UPS cannot deliver packages to Santa Rosa, California.

by the condition of the packages I think they drop kick them to the door instead of getting out of their vehicle

I agree. Amazon sent me a package via UPS with two day air delivery and it was mailed on Thursday, April 21st (PM).

I am still waiting to get my package. The first delivery attempt failed due to me not being home for signature. That is understandable. I changed the delivery address online Mondy (4/25) at about 4pm to my office address.

They updated online tracking to show that the package is due for delivery on Tuesday (4/26). When I called the customer service (several times)on Tuesday, they all told me (and gave verbal guarantee) that the package is on its way and will be delivered to me by the end of the day. I waited until 7pm at my office for it but it naver came. Then I noticed that they updated their online tracking to show that it will be delivered on Wednesday.

All this time, their customer reps lied to me yesterday (tuesday), that it will be delivered. When I complained to Amazon, they were nice (customer friendly) enough to refund me the shipping charges.

So much for UPS two day air delivery! UPS sucks.

Stop your whining in every thread. Stop trying to fight your children's battles. And stop jousting at windmills.

***.

I agree. UPS consistently doesn't deliver accurately and gives fraudulent reasons.

Fro example, my son ordered materials fro REI and got a card saying they couldn't deliver because of "Special Event - undeliverable" - that is baloney! I was home all day and there sure was no special event going on!

So he drove 30 miles to get the package himself and then the next day a notice came in the mail saying "Inaccurate deliver Infomation"!

View more comments (5)
Loss

UPS tracking is miss leading

PI am waiting for a sensitive item and am good with the delivery today but yesterday the tracking information said early delivery by the end of the day. I waited for this package all day, evening, and afternoon. I even called UPS and they confirmed that I should receive it early............. But, it never came, now the website says on-time by the end of the day, so I find myself waiting again. Unfortunately it will probably not show up until late, and when it does it will probably show up broken. If I have a choice I will use FedEx from now on.
#720856

Bad bad bad service..no coordination, don't understand the urgency of a package..Since morning I was calling them for package and they said end of the day and at the end of the at they are saying driver is in different area so package will be delivered tomorrow..need to look for other options...bad service

labb82

Same issue here. Just a worthless tracking system.

My package was scheduled for yesterday as a "will call" to pick up at my local hub. My tracker says its there, but they say it isn't. I have had no new movement on the tracker and now customer service says the guranteed date was incorrect and it should be today. Now I have to wait another whole day to see if it comes.

I am sure tomorrow will be the same thing, an updated date on a tracker that is showing no movement with the package.

SMH...highly irritated with them right now. :(

I have been expecting a package for the last 3 days because the UPS Tracking Website has told me each day that it it "On Vehicle for Delivery TODAY." ***, worthless tracking site.

Happened to me twice, when I called, they said it's the system does that no one can change the online tracking status, sound very inprofessional for such an international leading freight company. If could tell my shipper, I would rather my material ship by FedEx instead, faster and has accurate shipping information.

I have to agree as an unhappy customer right now as well. There was something shipped to me overnight on Thurs from a nearby city, and it never came yesterday. Now I have to wait until Monday and this has caused a huge setback for my business.

Someone in Milwaukee claiming UPS is incompetent, yet that same person can't figure out how to post on a website without repeating him/herself.

What an incompetent company. How can they stay in business?

Happen to me last night waited till 12am still not here....still says will be here by end of day.....u ever get urs the next day?

View more comments (8)
Review

UPS only cares about profits

UPS push thier workforce very hard to work faster. They time them, followow them, and make them memorize 5 pages of safety material 100% or they fail/suspended. B/C of this micro management system the packages get thrown, tossed and at times packages fall hard to the ground. The employees rush to keep management off thier backs. I actually hate receiving packages from UPS b/c they arrived crushed and beat-up looking. Fed Ex boxes arrive neat clean and unharmed. I noticed the USPS has become faster, I use them for my shipping needs 95% of the time.

UPS DELIVERY LIES

I waited all afternoon for an urgent delivery by UPS. Receipt was crucial on time and I made a special point of staying near the front door all afternoon until 6 pm. Never happened. Later that evening when I went online to track it stated that there was no one at home to sign and the package required a signature. "Attempted delivery failed at 4.40 pm". No delivery notice was left so it is quite obvious that the driver made no attempt to deliver. Maybe he was simply too tired to bother and decided I could wait another day? In future no UPS for me if I have the choice.
#320459

I was waiting at my front door for a time sensitive package that I had overnighted. At around 6pm, I was a UPS truck drive past, deliver a package to the apartment complex next and then drive off.

About 15 minutes later, I got tired of waiting and went online to track the package where I saw "6:01pm, The customer was not available on the 1st attempt. A 2nd attempt will be made." I was at my front door waiting; that's the most immediately 'available' I could possibly be! No attempt to deliver was even made!

This kind of unreliability is ridiculous. I was so untrusting of UPS that I opted to walk an hour to their depot to pick up my package instead of wait for another driver.

This is exactly my experience. Delivery was scheduled for today-waited and waited, only to check the delivery status online and find "The customer was not available on the 1st attempt.

A 2nd attempt will be made". This customer was home-ALL DAY. I find it curious that they *supposedly* came by, yet there is no notification slip to be found.

I'm doubting that the delivery driver even came into the vicinity of my home. In the future, I will try to avoid doing business with online companies that use UPS.

What an incompetent company. How can they stay in business?

Yes, I am researching this specific complaint as I've come to have it as well. I've started getting medication delivered mail order, and also live in an apartment unit. Not once, even when I specifically wait for the expected delivery (I also pay for 2-day shipping) , has a driver come to the door.

So when I head down to the area where the mailboxes are, I will find an attempt to deliver notice. There are these notices on several mailboxes. It is blatantly obvious that they never came to my door, which is several buildings over from the mailboxes, or else they would have left the attempted delivery notice on the door. Instead, they will leave these notices and drop them off at the leasing office, which I'd prefer they did to begin with, so I didn't have to wait for 2 "attempts" to get my package.

It should be mentioned that our leasing office is a good 1/4 mile away, and my medications are to treat a debilitating condition. UPS should be made aware that their drivers are fudging documents in an order to minimize their work, and I encourage all people who have similar issues to file a complaint directly with the company.

View more comments (4)