Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS Sucks

I ordered a package and paid for UPS shipping and I mistakenly assumed UPS could deliver a package to the address listed on the package - MY address. With what Im sure amounts to millions of dollars spent on tracking packages, tracking delivery trucks, and tracking the drivers that deliver them, including global positioning satellites, scanners, etc. the one thing UPS neglected to do was spend money on training drivers to read the house numbers. My package, which contained irreplaceable and valuable family heirlooms was delivered to my next door neighbor's house. That might not sound all that scary, but in this day and age, many people do not even know their neighbor's names unless their mail is mistakenly delivered to their house, and I am one of them. Fortunately, she is a 92 year old woman who was born during the Age of Honesty when you did not keep things that did not belong to you, so she ambled over and delivered it herself. Ironically, and perhaps more to the point, the numbers to my house are painted in BIG WHITE numbers that can be seen from the street; whereas, my neighbor's house numbers are carved in black cursive and can barely be read from her porch, let alone the street. WORD TO THE WISE: when given a choice, pay extra for the confidence that you will receive the merchandise you paid for! PS: Please do not post replies that recommend insurance: I do not want to be financially compensated for a lost package with precious contents – I WANT what I ordered delivered, and if it is not too much to ask, delivered accurately.

UPS are thieves

Bought a Mac computer on e-bay , got lost in shipping and crosses the USA 3 times, arrived 2 weeks late busted!Purchased for $1220.00 and they will only pay me $190 !! It was packed by a UPS store as well !! So apparently they can smash your stuff at will and not compensate you properly for it ! Even the guy who owns the UPS store is shocked ! I will never ever ever use them again ! bunch of %^$# thieves !! I advise everyone I talk to never to use them, the internet is rife with such stories. When you buy anything on ebay specify NO ups !!!

It gets paid, provided they purchased insurance.

You're getting bad information. Anything packed by a The UPS Store location gets paid, it's in their agreement.

If they packed it, UPS HAS to pay.

Do not allow them to tell otherwise. The UPS Store has to do the work but that is what they were paid for.

UPS Store Riverside Ca

I have had a box at the same UPS store for more than 10 years - it was Mailboxes Etc back then and they provided service. I called yesterday and asked if there was anything in my box from a specific company. The import who now runs the place said there was too much mail for him to check - so I drove the 40 miles to check and there were 14 items in the box. Their hours have gone from 7am to 9pm to 9am to 6pm. They've gone from 7 days a week to five and a half. The rates have increased by $45 a year and when you pay for a year you no longer get a free month. Talk about a down hill fall. No service, no hours and increased - lazy, in the US to get rich with out doing anything. Oh, I'm looking for a new mailbox service if anyone knows one.

lol @ Wow my thoughts exactly. furthermore as the cost of doing business has gone up in the past 10 years, so too do the prices. big surprise i know lol.

So if there are customers he's waiting on and people standing in line, you expect him to stop helping those people and read you every piece of mail you have? And you have the nerve to call him lazy? F U you selfish piece of ***.

Review

UPS in Glendale, Arizona - Flowers delivered poor conditon.

Delivered flowers in bad shape when given to the customer. UPS did not wait for customer to come to the door just left on the porch. She had to put her own Mother's Day flower arrangement together, sad! The tulips were limp on arrival at the house in a box, no moisture to keep them pretty.The advertisment was false. The price was not what they posted and not delivered as pretty as seen on the advertisment.I believe they could improve on their advertisment and do what they say for your money. Alot of improvement should be made for us who spend our money with them,

I hate UPS

I orderd something from over seas on April 14. Finally got a confirmation that the package had been shipped. Suppose to take 5 days, and ended up taking 2 weeks. It came from China went through Hong Kong, then Alaska and finally made it's way to UPS head quarters in Louisville Kentucky. And then what do I find out, they sent my package that was already in the United States back over seas because they were too busy with their heads up their blank to do their jobs correctly. Never use UPS they will just mess up anything that comes their way.
Loss

Seattle UPS substitute drivers have never delivered to my apartment complex in the past 8 years now.

Update by user May 12, 2011

4455 7th Ave S

Seattle, Washington 98108

I hope this is the right address..it\'s hard to find the address for the hub your talking about...one more thing:

If you go online and enter this complaint you will see I\'m not the only one saying the same thing!

Original review posted by user May 06, 2011

I'm speaking on behalf of 300 people who live in my apartment complex in Seattle. My apartment manager and I have talked to and posted letters to all residents asking them to write a complaint to UPS about packages that are not being delivered due to substitute drivers skipping their delivery to my complex based on it's location, parking, and over the confusion of how to enter my complex. They instead fake a delivery attempt and skip our complex. We have been trying to relay this problem to, the Seattle UPS Store #4884, 1700 7th Avenue #116 Seattle, WA 98101(206)624-1550, that delivers to us and they are ignoring our complaints. I was basically told tough and given excuses about substitute drivers not having experience. We as customers should not expect to have to just be victimized by UPS's inability to do it's job right. It is not our fault that it's training of substitute drivers is inadequate. We have lost, stolen and undelivered packages on a constant basis, which has prompted some residents to move out of our complex! UPS will do nothing to address this problem! UPS needs to address this problem and do something about it instead of passing the buck and giving us the run around. If this matter isn't addressed, we will take our letters and send them to your corporate headquarters!

1) Speaking of passing the buck...High security buildings/prisons are not UPS' problem, they are a problem of the end user...You/your building. UPS is not responsible for training every driver at their centers on the impenetrable nature of your residence/cell block. The average driver will have a hundred stops and handle several hundred packages in a day... spending an hour attempting to penetrate your (or any of the other hundreds of similar locations) defenses is not going to happen. I suggest you/your manager leave specific instructions at every entrance to assist the unfamiliar driver or continue to wait until the regular driver returns...which according to you is constant. BTW, if your driver is constantly gone how can she be so awseome?

1) Your local The UPS Store STILL is not responsible for the delivery of your local packages.

3) I'm not your budd. Are you sure you live in Seattle and not San Francisco or West Hollywood?

4) I wasn't "trying" to be condescending, I'm happy to condescend directly.

zman

I also wanted to add that I said substitute drivers....these drivers don't care if the package doesn't get delivered because it is not their route. They just pass the buck on to the next substitute driver or the regular driver of the route!

Our regular driver is awesome, but when she is not delivering then that's when the problem occurs..."with the substitutes"...our driver even knows about this problem, but her management will not do anything about it! This is why we are complaining.

If you repeatedly had packages lost or not delivered for years would you be happy? :eek :upset :sigh

You don't even know my complex it is a sealed complex with an electric lock front entrance. Sorry I cut and pasted the wrong address..big deal.

The deal is that you have not lived here at my address for 7 years and seen this skipping of package deliveries occur all the time!

Just ask my apartment manager! Bunch of BS..and don't try and be condescending to me buddy!!

Two things:

1) There is no incentive for a driver to skip your entire complex; those packages still have to be delivered. SO the next day they will have those packages and 200 others.

2) The UPS STore is not responsible for the delivery of your packages. You need to contact the local center or hub.

View more comments (3)
Review

Ups express delivery.envelope bent and torn content

received birth certificate that i needed the envelope was bent and had a tear in it i opened it and said to the driver what do you do if this is torn he said send it back to who sent it to you . WELL i would not of paid for express mail if I thought you do not care how you deliver the mail, Who is going to pay for all the shipping again and a birth certificate UPS. this was urgent and I must send it back because you don't care about your customers if it wasn't for us you would not have a job.

UPS in Atlanta, Georgia - Im Mad As ***

I Just wish the level of service that I get from UPS for my business was the same for my personal. The first time I complainted about UPS was when the Delivery Driver just left a live check on my porch and when I just so happen to open the door and the is walking down the stairs after leaving a live check on my porch I asked him why did you knock on my door? He says"Uh I'm running behind!" I dont give a *** about you running behind. Now UPS says they showed up and they didn't!

This is the second time I've been on the phone with UPS for failure to deliver in the commitment time...and every time when I get a package from them, it literally looks like they played kick ball...if I don't get my package to the destination, I am so screwed...and I feel like there is nothing UPS can do about it, why can't they call the driver!???!! That would make everything so much easier...this really sucks. Logistics my ***.

A live check? Complainted? You'll fit right in with the rest of the whiners with sub 70 IQs on this site.

Loss

UPS Unreliable and Ultra Poor Service (UPS)

Needed to send my passport to Belgium and back to get Visa for my next business trip. Need it urgently back to be able to fly out on Thursday May 5th 6:50AM. I checked first with FedEx,DHL and UPS who guaranteed me a return on Wednesday May 4th. UPS Belgium explicitly did. Since the letter did not arrive on the promised hour, I started checking. Found out I was misinformed. OK, I want to leave the country and need my passport for that. Please help. The only option was the letter arriving in Dallas (where I am working right now) before 7PM and then I could pick it up at the counter of the UPS hub. Checking again at 6PM: nothing moves. Even after about 3 hours on the phone to try to get a solution, my document is sitting for about 12 hours in Louisville. Nothing moves. The people at the call center are very well trained to repeat the same kind of standard answers. they are totally unable to even think solution- or customer centered. End result: I'm stuck, will have to buy a new ticket to Europe and loose a business appointment. And all that could have been prevented with a company that is service oriented. Not UPS An absolute shame. Unbelievably bad service.

How much time did you have to plan this trip it sounds a little last minute. A good business would plan for problems and not but it off to the last minute but what do I know

DON'T OPEN UPS ACCOUNT ON UPS.COM

UPS ACCOUNT SYSTEM IS WORST .I BILLED FOR 5 INVOICEE EVEN THOUGH I DIDN'T USEM PLEASE....... BEAWARE OF THIS ***.When i called to custmor service she found that somebody handwritting was miss spelled or ups people didn't matched with person who actually shipped athing so they pulled my account because it is close to me .So she has to reversed to party who actaully shipped .if shipper filled form and put a shipper no is not writting might be pulled your acct if it close to your then you guys get billed well i closed my account

i DON'T UNDERSTAND A THING YOUR TRYING TO SAY STOP WRITING IN BROKEN ENGLISH