Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS Drivers are Lazy and Lie!

Every single time I order something online and that particular company decides to ship with UPS my merchandise is left on the side of the road and I have to call a family member to go to my house to grab the package before it gets stolen. The driver ALWAYS says that the package was left at the front door. They are to lazy to just walk 30 seconds out of there way to actually come knock on the door. The latest package WAS stolen and now I am having to try and convince the company I ordered from that just because the driver says he left it at the front door, it doesnt really mean he did. I wish I didn't have to use them but when you shop online you usually don't get to pick what company ships your items. Do NOT use UPS if you do not have to!!
Loss

UPS - brown for a reason

Paid $100 for air service from up state NY to Mississauga for $140.00 worth of parts required by my customer. shipment sent on the 15th - got a call from UPS mid day on Friday saying they would need to clear it for me at a fee of course and it MAY be ready for pick up Monday or Tuesday. This is the 2nd time UPS has been used and both have had similar results. We use Fed Ex and Postal system and have NEVER had an issue. They truly the WORST - do your selves a favour use anyone else

Blame Canadian customs, they are always the cause of cross border shipping hold-ups.

UPS in Calhoun, Georgia - Delivered package severely damaged

Today, 6/17/2011 @ 1800 hours, the UPS delivered a package (computer) with significant damage to one corner of the package. I refused the package due to this damage and told the driver to return it. The driver indicated on the Shipment Progress Activity Page that the receiver did not want the order and refused this delivery, and never said anything about the package being damaged. The driver did not provide any comments in regards to UPS policy or how to resolve this issue. He did not say anything and just walked away. I consider UPS to provide poor customer service to the company that uses their services as well as myself the receiver.

...so what's the problem?

You did the right thing and he did the right thing what's your beef.

View more comments (1)

UPS service is deteriating

Recently an important package a consultant had shipped to our location was never delivered - but "signed for." Turns out that it was never delivered and is actually lost in their system. The package was then found and asked to be re-delivered, when no one answered the door (this is a business, rarely is the door not answered) the deliverer left, without leaving a message that they were there. Another vendor tried to ship a box to us and it never arrived. Again lost. Replacement shipment sent, never delivered. The ship to address is correct. What else are se wuppose to do? Another known problem - when our normal delivery person is off (vacation/sick) we almost always have a problem. It appears the temp doesn't bother to actually deliver packages.

UPS got lucky

When my package arrived (later than they said it was delivered), the box was completely destroyed. The thing I ordered was sticking out of the package, and was quite literally only hanging in by the weak tape used to seal the box. I can understand an accident where there is a tear in the box, but what I got was a crushed pile of cardboard that was ripped to shreds. Even better, the shipping identification was placed over the "Fragile" sticker. I hate when companies use UPS to ship. USPS or FedEx are more reliable in my experience. They are also cheaper and faster, go figure.
smedrik

It sounds like you had an incompetent shipper. The UPS label isn't applied by UPS, it is almost always applied by the shipper.

Also a crushed boc indicated improper packaging.

if a box is crushable, then it isn't packed right. boxes get stacked, and if you leave empty space in a box, it can get crushed.

fill the empty space with packaging peanuts = no crushed box, simple as that. and fragile stickers don't do anything, as most conveyor belts and swing arms can't read lol

View more comments (1)

UPS

I ordered a packages on Thursday, thinking it would arrive by next Monday. I ordered a book I needed for my class. Monday has come and passed, and I don't have the book yet. Now I'm going to be docked points for turning in not being able to turn in an assignment (because my professor doesn't accept late work)and it's all because of UPS' incompetence. If someone pays for two day shipping, you might want to ship it in two days. But hey, I guess I should take comfort that it's only a few days late, as opposed to not receiving the package entirely and having to waste money by stopping by a delivery center to pick it up.

You ordered on Thursday, but it is entirely possible that the shipper did not have the package ready for shipping Thursday.

Maybe THEY didn't 'ship' until Friday, or later?

UPS Accepting Signature Form/ But no package

Is UPS trying to turn away business? I downloaded and printed the official Apple/UPS signature release form and taped it on the front door. The driver took the form but did not leave the package. Why would the driver take possession of the form and not leave the package? After calling both UPS & Apple I'm given no clear explanation from either except that I must physically sign for the delivery. The nearest UPS terminal is 55 miles away so going there is out of the question. I ship and receive quite a lot of UPS packages here. I have live surveillance cameras all around the house including the front door with 2 cameras. I'm seriously thinking of changing to Priority mail or FEDEX in the future.
#301933

If there are security issues such that would require cameras then why would you ask UPS to leave a package unsecured? I am guessing that you have no film of the UPS Driver taking the form and running away with your package. It was probably stolen by someone after the driver left the package at your request.

Ups; too big to care

paid $30 for "overnight delivery". tracking says it was out for delivery aboard their truck 7:15 am the next day. however as of 6pm my package hasnt been delivered. their customer service people arent helpful either. they just repeat whats on the tracking website. since the only competition is fedex we have a duopoly which controls the market and the taxpayer gets to subsidize the us postal service to boot. at least the electric company has some regulation.... very disappointing "customer service". etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc,etc

The 800 number is domestic. Always ALWAYS report your local to them so that the union heads can find out how trashy your local is and clean house. :grin Otherwise, service will never improve.

The fact is except for 'acts of God' UPS has a guarantee service for packages. If you do not fall under the previous category then you are entitled to your money back.

UPS calls centers are staffed in the states and they can help file your GSR. 800.742.5877

Don't waste time with the 800 number. It goes to India. Call your local branch and you will get action fast.

View more comments (2)
Review

UPS can't be bothered to deliver, sent to USPS

I ordered something similar to the "Body Bug", selected shipping method, "UPS Ground", and completed my order. Two days later I received a tracking number FROM UPS. I attempted track my order. So I called UPS. The incredibly NEW UPS rep, transfers me to another, equally NEW and confused UPS rep. They decided to continue transferring me between the same two departments, 4 times because no one recognized my tracking number, and told me it wasn't a UPS tracking number, before I FINALLY Hung up. I contacted the Seller for assistance, and with their tracking number they were able to find out what UPS did. UPS decided to take my package, and send it USPS themselves. I double checked, and sure enough, with the tracking number that UPS, yes, UPS, sent me, I was able to locate my package within the USPS database. How is that even possible? If I had known that my package was going to end up lost, yes, LOST within the HORRIBLY run USPS system, I would have NEVER ordered my product. I thought the USPS was bad.... but really? I paid for UPS, just to have them send my package for the cost of a *** stamp through USPS? And now they're trying to tell me they have no idea what I'm talking about? When I can STILL track my USPS package, through their UPS tracking site? If they didn't send it, how the *** does their system know how to find my package?!

Occasionally when UPS gets overwhelmed by a bulk of packages, they take the liberty of taking the excess to USPS to take care of it. It sounds retarded but its true.

Blame the company you ordered from, they went cheap, cheaper even than UPS Ground. So they charged you for Ground but saved some money with UPS Basic.

Why is this UPS' fault exactly?

it's called UPS Basic, and it was the shipping method SELECTED BY THE COMPANY YOU ORDERED IT FROM.

The company you ordered your product from uses a shipping option called UPS BASIC. The company uses this option in order to save money, unless you pay extra for UPS to ship it within a day or two.

Many major companies such as QVC uses UPS BASIC because it is a cheap way to ship in bulk.

What happens is UPS ships the items directly to the local post office, and they take over delivery from there...UPS did everything that they were supposed to do. That is why you were able to track your package after you figured out what was going on...Unfortunately if that company uses UPS and you want to skip the snail mail, you have to pay extra for the speedy service...Hope this helps:)

I know exactly how it sounds, but would you like to check yourself? The UPS website actually TRACKS my package to the post office that UPS dropped it off at, in FONTANA Ca.

It's going to OXNARD, Ca, VIA USPS. The seller ONLY sends via UPS.

USPS isn't an option, I called myself, double, and triple checked, called both UPS and USPS. It was in fact, taken from UPS, by the USPS.

I want you to think about what you’re saying, do you honestly believe that UPS paid a guy to pick up your package take it to the post office and pay to have it shipped by the USPS. How would they make money on that?

I have heard some dum things before but this takes the cake. What makes more sense the company you bought your item from sent it through the post office?

View more comments (5)

UPS in Madison, Wisconsin - Computer Screen Delivery

My brother ordered a brand new computer screen, online about a week ago, and it was delivered by UPS today. The *** driver drops the *** package right in front of my brother onto our porch step and asks for his signature. Even though these things can be well packed why would anyone just drop a package like that onto a hard surface were it is possible glass could break, or things inside the item could become damaged? We would like to see, at the very least, that the driver hand the package to the person standing in front of them. I mean we all under stand that they have lots of packages to deliver and that they are in a hurry, but I mean come on is it really worth a law suite if they actually end up breaking something really expensive in the box?

Why did he sign for it instead of refuse it as damaged?? once he signs for it, it is your brother's responsibility.