Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Belfast, Maine - Invoiced Me For Hidden Charges

I was going to give UPS a chance over USPS for doing business shipping. Printing labels through paypal went relatively smoothly though it was a bit more expensive than USPS. While the shipping calculator was close for the most of the items being sold on eBay, a few of the charges came out really, really inaccurate. About a month after I started using them, I got an invoice for a bunch of hidden charges that were never mentioned and that I should've been billed for up front when I originally bought the postage. This is the scummiest kind of bait and switch.

There is no way for UPS' computer system to know if what you 'say' when you ship (create a label) is the actual package you ship. IE you can say something weighs one pound and is 6x6x6 in size when you ship and will be charged that rate initially. But when the package is scanned during transit if it turns out you shipoped a 40# tire that measures 20x20x20 and isn't boxed, the shipping costs will be revisited with the actual package info.

BTW FedEx would do the same and the USPS would either not deliver, or deliver with charges due to the receiver if you pull the same bait and switch.

UPS doesn't deliver!

UPS used to ring our bell and hand deliver our packages (with a smile no less!) Now? They leave the package out in the rain in a plastic bag when I am home! They don't even bother to ring the bell or knock. And they don't walk the extra 10 feet to the side of the house to put it on a covered porch. Today they "tried" to deliver a package we have to sign for. I was in the house all morning. When I went out at lunch time I found a notice on the front door that they had been here. No one rang the bell I would have heard it. Now this is happening frequently. Called to complain and was asked if I had tracked the package so I would know when it was going to be delivered! Hello! Am I supposed to sit outside on the front steps and wait for them to show up when I think it might be delivered? UPS just doesn't have good customer service. I am sick of them!

dont worry about not getting yr parcel.. which i paid 60 dollars for del.

what about snooty attitude from aliens answering phone calls about yr concern 4 non delivery,,, why not employ aussie kids, 1 girl didnt understand my concerns about things so she hung up...

what the, nxt guy called me maaam,,, yew, and told me 2 write a note on letter box to say just leave here.... im sure all passers by would enjoy free present worth over 200 dollars, im sooo frustrated with this mob,,,heeelpp

I agree! Seems the delivery guy's always in a big hurry!

Sending pkgs overseas through their most expensive UPS Worldwide Expedited is a joke! If you track the pkg. it looks like it's travelling on a Greyhound bus, stopping at every place enroute; instead of flying directly to the destination country! After all what's the idea behind spending all that money if other cheaper alternatives are available which takes similar amount of time?

This is my first and last time as a UPS customer, thank you.

I'd rather stick to good ol' USPS! :( :(

View more comments (1)

UPS screws up again

So UPS was supposed to deliver a package to me today, and routed it incorrectly to the wrong hub. As a result, a package that was supposed to be expedited overnight for delivery on Friday, will not get here until TUESDAY. They didn't even try for Saturday! Seriously? I paid for overnight shipping. How ridiculous is that? Do NOT waste your money on this second rate outfit. I used to work for a company that used UPS to ship goods to consumers. We were ALWAYS on the phone tracking packages for them because UPS sucks so bad. Our customers were always pissed, and now I know how they feel. If it had been shipped FedEx it would have been on time. But, nooooo, it was UPS. Logistics, eh? What a joke.
Review

UPS does not deliver as promised

I shipped my suitcase to myself and was promised delivery by 7PM on July 1, 2011. When I tracked parcel online on the day of delivery, I found it was no where near where it is expected. I had to ship my suitcase to myself because my mother passed away and I was rescuing her beloved cat and could not mange both. I knew I was playing it close because I had plans to go away the night of delivery and what was in that suitcase is necessary to have with me for the memorial. When I tracked the package online I was horrified to find it to be in Kansas on somewhere on a train - no way was it going to be here as promised! I followed up w/phone calls to UPS and twice they agent deliberately disconnected me. Asked for supervisor, Dexter, who really wasn't able to help, offered no explanation as to why I don't get the courtesy of call that it would be pointless for me to wait all day for a package that won't arrive at due date, and that I could only expect the parcel at the earliest July 5, 2011! All the writings and personal memorial I need for my plans tonight are in that suitcase, but I had trusted UPS when I shipped it that it would get to me in time, albeit tight, and now I have to wait five more days and this long weekends plans are nil. The loss of my mother is huge, and not getting this crucial suitcase as promised is unacceptable.
Review

UPS non delivery damaged packages

UPS drivers have failed to deliver ANY packages to my address. They take the "easy" route and try to leave them in the complex office. But the office is rarely open and I have advised NOT to do this. NEVER has UPS "buzzed", come to my door or called. Then I have to wait 3-7 days to locate the package or pickup at the distribution center 20 miles away. I was just denied a pickup of OVERNIGHT frozen food because my ID address didnt match. name is the same... I am business owner. Sigh. $100 food is spoiled. I hate UPS.
Loss

UPS united parcel service sucks!

in the last month UPS lost 3 important letter packages on three separate occasions with very valuable documents. When we try to get info from ups all we get are scripted answers that don't have any resolve we offered to send our driver to help with getting the package all the rep said was a scripted answer "as soon as they know they will call us back". They never did in the past & I don't expect them to call us this time. Anybody know of a reliable shipping company that calls customers back? My contact info is 718-871-7749 ext 211
Loss

UPS in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - Damaged goods Again!

Why does Anyone use UPS???? I have had so many goods delivered damaged by these hacks its almost comical. Except the hassle of returning things or destroying irreplacable goods. So again WHY does ANYBODY use this company? And when you file a complaint they deny anything and everything. GODDDDDDD I loath this company. UPS SUCKS!!!!!! I've had speakers damaged, boxes delivered in such bad condition things were falling out. Now I just had a washing machine delivered and they must have dropped it so hard the inner drum snapped the brace and dented the machine from the inside out!!! Every box I've ever received in the last 8 years has had some damage. They just don't give a rats *** about the products shipped or the consumers they serve. I just don't understand why so many companies use them. There Not a shipping company there a WRECKING COMPANY!!!

every package i receive via ups comes smashed on all ends and often is damaged. they have in fact paid me for a damaged sound board that they demolished in shipping ($1400) but i am currently waiting (almost 1 year) for payment on an amplifier that was dropped so much it went through 2 inches of cardboard.

the company clearly does not value their line of work. i have known many people who work for ups and admit to throwoing packages.

it isnt an issue of bad packing. its an issue of certain hubs around the country throwing packages.

Rockstar all the people who responded to you were trying to help, your complaint does not pass the smell test. And all anyone did was to point that out.

Rockstar you then had 2 choices first choice: learn from the comments do a little research and find out what are the proper packaging techniques and what you have to do to meet the insurance requirements. Or two throw a fit, cry like a baby and insult everyone that responded to you.

You chose number 2 which makes you a joke. And were all happy you are gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rockstar

WTF is wrong with you people. This site SUCKS!

I signed on to *** about lousy service, bad products bad policy and all I get are a bunch of JERKS who know Absolutly nothing about the situation I'm complaining about Dissing me. UPS SUCKS PERIOD. I wouldn't ship my toilet bowl brush thru them.

The rest of you can shove it. I'm done with this Sh..i..tt...y site as well.

Rock Star You may not want to here this but u-haul boxes are not up to UPS shipping standards UPS requires a stronger box because everything runs on an automated conveyer belt system. As far as the speakers go why are you dealing with UPS Your not there customer the speaker place is.

if they were damaged you should be dealing with the speaker place there the ones who shipped them and just because they came in the box from the factory does not that the company shipped them that way. And Finally Who ships a Washer through UPS that’s just NUTS (see comment on u-haul boxes) If you took a little time to educate yourself instead of assuming you know how to do things you may not have all these problems.

rockstar

I live in a apt complex. I can't stay home everytime ups delivers a package so there's an arrangement the Super of the building will accept the package.

At least in the case of the shredded boxes. And I resent the "as you claim comment". The boxes were full of personal items belonging to my girlfriend. They were packed in a 24x24 inch uhaul packing box and taped up properly.

Trust me my girlfriend is VERY aware of how to pack things. the boxes looked as though they'd been raked, crushed, the top was literally shredded open and looked as though they had gotten wet. How do you refuse personal items? We took pics filed a claim but because we didn't sign for them personally the claim was rejected.

The speakers that were damaged were packed in the same packaging that came from the factory. Again the boxes had obvious damage but when I opened them the speakers looked fine on the outside. the damage was inside. The crossovers had snapped and were loose inside the speaker.

Which means they had been dropped so hard it snapped them loose. these were 800.00 paradigm quality speakers that had been dropped so hard it broke the crossovers loose. Again I was denied because they said they weren't properly packaged even though it was the factory boxes that paradigm ships speakers in. The last piece was a washer from the factory and had been dropped so hard it broke the brace that holds the inner drum from banging around inside.

It not only broke the brace but the drum hit the inside of the metal housing and dented it from the inside out! Fedex is the ONLY company I will ship with EVER.

Not only do they care about the goods they ship there considerably CHEAPER! UPS ARE HACKS!!!!!!!!

rick is right...If what you claim is true, which i highly doubt, wouldn't you notice that the cardboard package is damaged?? If these packages are in as bad shape as you claim (stuff falling out) wouldn't you be able to notice it before opening??

You do have the option to refuse as damaged before you actually open it and have to even worry about packing problems. besides Package cars only deliver up to 150 lbs.

are you a business owner ordering freight? How do you stay in business with such a lack of common sense:)

most people who have items damaged would figure out that they need to pack them better, just not you apparently. if you want your package to be individually carried by a man wearing white gloves for the duration of the shipment, then you can start expecting to pay $50.00 for a 1 pound package, and it will take 3 times as long.

pack things right and they don't break. i've packed and shipped probably 300 items including electronics and artwork this year alone, not one damaged item yet because i do it right.

View more comments (6)
Review

UPS has gone from Useful to Worthless!!!

I was expecting a package to be delievered by UPS within 2 days. It never came, never came, never came. UPS says they delievered it, to my front porch at the stated address, and someone else must have picked it up. Three weeks later a Realtor shows up at my door with the package. He said it had been sitting at a vancant house for sale across town. When he saw the name and address he brought it to us. He went above and beyond the call of duty. Plus he could read!!! And he cared about doing the right thing. More than I can say for UPS!!!

Two shipments from Penneys, 3 weeks apart, shipper gave my physical address and my PO address. UPS returned both shipments to Penneys and gave the reason as "recipient refused package and said did not want it".

I was never called.

The last place UPS had the package was 60 miles north of me in another state. From now on I'll request FedEx and pay extra for it.

Hey,

I order a lot of things that get shipped by ups and 99 percent of the time they do a great job, but there have been a few times they left my package at the vacant house next door, lucky I was watching and knew it was my package...I think they are pushed to try and do a so many deliveres, they sometimes, just make an honest mistake, but it sure can be a problem if you don't get your item,,,ups I love you, but slow up just a bit, if your boss is over loading you, get together with your co workers and talk to your boss about it, you will be doing your company and their customers a service.

In the defense of UPS. There are plenty of reason this could have happened.

I will say it could have also been the fault of the driver. I work at UPS and know for a fact that most miss delivered pkgs are the fault of the shipper. Little things like them putting Jones St instead of Jones Ave throw everything off.

The drive has no control over that & it has nothing to due with him not being able to read. Im not saying the are perfect but alot of the errors are shippers and computers, not the drivers!

View more comments (2)

Ups o.p.s.iscandelus work ethic

dear MASALTON. YOU SHOULD NOW BY KNOW HOW DISGUSTED I AM WITH YOUR PERFORMANCE. YOUR WORK ETHIC IS A DISGRACE TO U.P.S. I WILL BE WRITING TO THE CORPORATE HEADQUARTERS OF U.P.S. IN USA ABOUT YOUR LACK OF ABILITY TO PROCESS SIMPLE ORDERS TO A CUSTOMERS SATISFACTION. it may interest you to know that I personally spent the day sorting out what you could have done if you had followed simple instructions. your failure cost me a days wages, 100 sheckles in storage fees 40 sheckles in parking fees and taxes and fees amounting to 900 sheckles all of which could have been avoided if YOU had done what should have been done.and I still had to collect the items myself. at no time did you phone me! I would have seen a missed call or a message on my answer phone so please don't lie please, *** is one thing but *** lies are another, and when I came to your office you were too scared to come down stairs and talk to me, why? I will shortly be posting this on the internet, and to all interested parties. a report will be filed directly with ups. perhaps you should think about compensation for the time and money you have cost me.I have taken the liberty of correcting the English in your email ( this was abysmal Lazy and reflects your work ethic) ----- Original Message ----- From: Ayelet Masalton To: 'taff' Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:18 PMSubject: RE: shipment to 4693 588 695 0 Dear Clarke Dear Mr. Clarke The ship lend on weekend we are not working at weekend shipment arrived on the do not work on the I tried to contact you by phone i attempted to The service gave you all the information you need The service ? Now the representative told you you must pay duty 2060 shekels costume disjointed and illegible what are you trying to say? costume is something you wear i have to pay 2060 for a costume? 3076 shekels vat Is that can be proved? can i prove what? Ayelet masalton-balas import customer service representative O.P.S.I. (International Handling ) Ltd . Authorised service Contractor for UPS 1 saifun St. Ben Gurion Airport , 70100, Israel Tel 1-700-700-859 Tel+972(0)3 5771400 Tel+972 (0)3 5770100 Fax+972 (0)3 9730705 E-mail: ayeletm@ups.co.il Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 2:12 PMTo: Ayelet MasaltonSubject: Re: shipment to 4693 588 695 0 all the reference numbers you need are in this email so please scroll down to find them. 1. the package was dispatched on the 14th of this month. 2. it arrived on the 18th in Israel 3. you did not contact me until the 20th. 4. I supplied you with all the information you need on the 20th for the parcel to clear customs. 5. it is now the 26th. you promised to call me by no later than 1030 this morning (26th of June.) this you failed to do 6. I am still waiting for your call and to hear from you, I find it impossible to believe that you cannot phone me on time, and that you do not have my email address and phone number. 7. I do not have time to spend on this matter making constant phone calls to you and writing emails trying to find out what is happening with this shipment, My time is valuable. If you cannot do what you have promised to do, do not make the promise. there are other companies we can use to move our shipments. I AM STILL WAITING TO HERE FROM YOU. ----- Original Message ----- From: Adi Oher To: Cc: wecareups ; Import ; Ayelet Masalton Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:27 AM Subject: RE: shipment to 4693 588 695 0 Dear Gerald, Can you please update us on your ID number? Adi Oher Isrg , Import O.P.S.I. (International Handling ) Ltd . Authorised service Contractor for UPS 1 saifun St. Ben Gurion Airport , 70100, Israel Tel 1-700-700-824 Tel+972(0)3 5771400 Tel+972 (0)3 5770100 Fax+972 (0)3 9731269 Mail: adio@ups.co.il From: Tali Hershkovitz On Behalf Of wecareupsSent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:25 AMTo: ImportSubject: FW: shipment to 4693 588 695 0 From: Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 9:10 AMTo: wecareups; customer nupsSubject: shipment to 4693 588 695 0 customer number 282045 re tracking number below 4693 588 695 0 it has now been 10 days since this package was shipped and it is still not delivered, I would love to hear the excuse you will be using for this unbelievable delay!! warmest regards ----- Original Message ----- From: wecareups To: Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2011 12:23 PM Subject: 5322WR Dear Mr. Clarku. Following to our telephone conversation, your international UPS account number is 5322WR. You can contact UPS USA to schedule a pickup at 18007827892/ 15024852600 Regards, Ori ElspectorISRG RepresentativeO.P.S.I. (International Handling) Ltd.Authorized Service Contractor for UPS1 Saifun St. Ben Gurion Airport, 70100, IsraelTel: 972 (0)3 5770100Fax: 972 (0)3 6160904
Review

UPS in Chester, Virginia - Lost package, really?

So I paid extra money to get it shipped faster and it's been tracked literally to the day of delivery. I come home, its not there. I look up online and it says the package was delivered to the FRONT DOOR. The reason im so mad is because I need it for a long vacation that I'm leaving for tomorrow and If I don't get it, I will raise cane with one of the customer service workers. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, how was it fixed because I am completely desperate at this point.

I think I just had this problem, and my order is a laptop computer. Deliver was made 'front door'!?

No knock no nothing, at amzingly, I was at home, although it's apartment, I didn't hear any truck stop by... however it was 'delivered'.

I don't know, even if it's in a safe town, shouldn't the delivery serice come up and knock on your door and ask for you to sign for reicving the package?

Just leave at front door? BS!

I had the same happen to me. UPS delivered at 4:30 per ups system.

I was home as was my wife and no package was at the door. UPS kept asking me to check with my neighbors which I did. They help line kept suggesting someone stole it but I believe it was the driver, It read prescriptions on envelope. Now I can't get a "new" script for 30 days, how could someone steal my scripts and think they could get scripts fill in my name?, *** crooks.

I spent hours on the phone and my wellbeing is not so good, UPS driver never came to do a follow up visit but never showed. Any suggestions.

Believe it or not there are people out there that will follow UPS drivers around nd wait for pkgs to be delivered to your door nd them steal them. It happens all the time.

ALWAYS have a signature required by the shipper. Then your pkg has to be signed for and not left at your door. If it does not require a signature UPS is suppose to leave it. Then its fair game for thiefs.

Make them easy money...sell it on ebay or craigslist! Also UPS has technology from satellites to tell what address the pkg was del to.

It will tell what door of your house it was left at or even if the driver scanned the pkg in his truck before walking to your door. So if they say it was delivered to your house, it was.

nikalseyn

I second Simple Fix. Now you have two very good confirmations of what to do.

I'll bet you can hardly wait till your next year's vacation to put this wonderful and exacting advice to good use. Enjoy!

Next time order your Item 2 weeks before you leave on Vacation then if somthing happens you have time to correct it. See Simple.

View more comments (4)