Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS Misinforms

Driver left note indicating I had a package in need of a signature but that I could check the box waiving the need. Driver returns at the same time the next day indicating that despite checking the box a signature is required. Then why did he leave me an instruction, that followed, does not work? Then I receive a post card from UPS that states I can pick up the package by the following Monday. I go to the UPS Center on Monday and am told that the package was returned to sender on Friday. I displayed the card that clearly indicates Monday and proceed to request Customer Service. Why am I sent a card with misinformation? Despite the written communication UPS did not deliver. UPS provides a phone number for the sender of the package. I call it. It is disconnected. Why does UPS provide me a number that does not work?

On that infonotice that you are referring to there are actually a few different boxes. If you read it very carefully it does confirm that the only box that can be checked for you to give instruction to leave it is "your written authorization is req to leave pkg" if it says any signature is required then of course that means in person....read the infonotice once more....not saying you have no right to be upset but I thought I should share that with you

UPS no overnight/then lies

I paid for overnight delivery for an item I needed for a presentation on the morning following the scheduled delivery. Understanding it is a busy time and the drivers are working late, I did not check until I had not received the package by 8PM. The note said delayed due to weather (There had been NOTHING bad within 100s of miles.) A second note said that I (receiver) had requested a "hold for future delivery date." I had not done so obviously. I spoke with a customer service rep and was given these exact excuses and explained (at first nicely and then again maybe not so much) that neither were true. He then promised me delivery by noon today. It is noon as I type. I just went back on lone to check the tracking and see that NOW there is a note stating the address was incomplete and then one minute later it had been corrected. More BS. Last night I was told this was probably not eligible for a refund due to the "weather issue." Do not pay this company to ship anything.

UPS in West Palm Beach, Florida - InfoNotice 932866543254 Rude and didn't care

Driver said he would leave packages at will call for pick the next day, did not and packages stayed on the truck. Everyone at UPS that I had contact with insinuated it was my fault and said that there was nothing they could do. After 3 phone calls they finially called me and said I had to go to the driver if I wanted my packages even though the driver was only 2 blocks away from our house. I will never use UPS or any vendor that delivers goods thru UPS any where in the world. Hank Sinnamon (561) 371-9447
m3dreamer

If he left an infonotice because you weren't home, then you should have called UPS or went to their website and scheduled to pick it up at will-call. Did you talk to the driver or the driver helper?

I've never known a driver to schedule a will-call.

If I get an infonotice and call them so I can pick it up later, someone from will-call returns my call in an hour to let me know that I can pick it up at a certain time that night. Generally the very same day I get the notice, I can schedule a pickup that night

Review

UPS China - worse experience bar none!

After a parcel was sent from the US thru UPS USA arrived in China, due to many reasons including unclear info n customs, the parcel (nothing sensitive or illegal tho) is still now sitting at the customs. It's been more than 3 weeks since I've made this order from a US website. Whenever i call up their customer hotline they wind me up with a typical "we'll pass on to our colleagues to handle your case..." No sense of urgency whatsoever, no advice, no nothing from their useless CS center even after placing a fuming complaint. 3 wks n still counting, it's an amazing experience...never use UPS ever again and swear to God will try my very best to ruin their sinking reputation by spreading this on all my social networks thru twitter, FB etc.

I am having a similar problem...the thing is that ups just send a form in chinese that apparently I just have to fill in...but first...i m italian...not chinese...I expect at least a form in English...then, I have tried to reach the customer service or the person I am supposed to contact...but NONE is answering the *** phone!!!!!!I understand that if the goods are stopped at the custom is not ups's fault...but the customer support is absolutely not helping!!!

And this is completely true! Customs is the government and have the right to hold whatever they want however long they want.

UPS is the middle man not a bully that can force customs to clear your package any faster. But I am still sorry you had to go through that.

Newsflash: UPS, a private company, is not in charge of your government's customs agency. If your govt wants to confiscate, hold, and investigate a particular package, there is nothing anyone can do about it. It has nothing to do with UPS.

View more comments (2)

UPS in Washington, District Of Columbia - Rude Service

The door was answered pretty quickly when the delivery man knocked at about 7pm est. He then told me, "You have 3 more packages so follow me to the truck." and shoved one of the boxes with his foot at me. I was not wearing shoes and the package stubbed my toe. I was just wearing a lightweight t-shirt and shorts and it felt like 30 degrees outside but he already turned around towards the truck. When I stood there flabbergasted, he came back and ordered (with a smile) "Get your packages." "Excuse me?!" I couldn't help but raise my voice. "Isn't it your JOB to actually deliver the packages?" We exchanged words for a minute or so before he caved in and went to get the other packages. I asked for his name to report him but he wouldn't give it. I've never had any issues with UPS when I lived in Philadelphia but ever since I moved to Virginia, all the drivers had been mediocre. I let slide the fact that a large, heavy package marked FRAGILE was slid down the stairs to a SLAM in front of my apartment door. Sure enough, a piece was broken and a replacement had to be sent. There have also been SEVERAL instances where I have been home but the driver did not knock and left the sticky note. I don't expect the delivery people to help me get the boxes inside my home (I can do that myself, thank you very much) but stubbing my toe and ordering me do half their job when I'm not even dressed for the weather is where I draw the line. That's ridiculously RUDE.

Honestly, You shouldn't blame those ups drivers for their behavior. Seriously...They are treated so terrible by their management.

Ups drivers are lied to, manipulated, over worked, and pushed to a very unreasonable limit daily, oh did I mention harrassed and threatened daily over their time out doing deliveries and pick ups. Ups management are abusing their hourly employees like never before. It obviously shows in the drivers morale and HOW IS IT THAT UPS MAKES BOOMING PROFITS IN THIS TOUGH ECONOMY.

The answer is simple, They are abusing their drivers horribly and they need to be stopped. Call and complain to their 1-800 number but dont complain about the driver, just the service!

@Tasha: Telling and asking are two different things. If the driver asked, I would've gotten my coat and put on some boots and helped him get the packages. But he EXPECTED me to just go and get them myself. Like I said, I never had an issue when I lived in Philadelphia. The drivers there would take 2-3 trips from their truck and didn't even ask for me to get the stuff.

@Nikki: I've had that happen to me too but it usually arrived the next day. I think it may be that one of the drivers is lazy and just waits for another driver to do it.

@So sad: What's sad is that it IS true and there ARE drivers like this. I've also sent in a phone complaint that went nowhere and an email complaint that will hopefully get directed to where it needs to go.

Maybe it's sad, but I really am upset about the situation.

How exactly does the part about the stubbed tor prove this is bogus? I have already ordered a cell phone sat at my house all day long waiting for the phone to be delivered cause it needed a signature saw the UPS truck drive by the house slow down and keep going then I got an email 5 minutes later stating that no one was home to sign for the package.

The driver never even stopped the truck or came to my house, but he marked it as he did... I know a few UPS drivers as well and youwould be surprised the things they tell me they do so they can get routes done earlier and go home...

This story is completely bogus. I'm sure no UPS driver would do this. The part about the stubbed toe proves it is bogus.

View more comments (3)

UPS in Brampton, Ontario - Delivery failure, ruined my birthday

Parcel delivery date Dec.19/11, we both stayed home--no doorbell, no knock. Delivery guy left note, will deliver on Tues. Dec. 20/ll----my birthday. We had plans, drive out of town, dinner, etc. All plans cancelled because waiting for delivery. Tuesday---10:30 - 2:00, no delivery. I called UPS---Sorry, will deliver btwn. 3:00 - 7:00 p.m. So, all plans for birthday celebration and COSTS wasted because delivery guy didn't bother to ring doorbell on Monday. Finally 6:45 p.m.---package delivered----dinner & birthday (my 60th) ruined!!!!!!!! I will never use UPS, nor will my son's business. I will launch complaint to all (believe me there will be multitudes) abt. *** delivery by UPS & shoddy service!!!!!!

UPS in Estero, Florida - SPEEDING *** DRIVERS

1;05 pm *** *** driver speeding in condo complex at west bay estero fl 33928.Namely INDIGO SHORES AT WEST BAY ON INDIGO BAY BLVD THE 19th of DEC 2011. Happy Holidays this *** is going to kill someone or a child or a pet.... Hope your company enjoys the end results of reckless drivers in a lawsuit. My suggestion to the board will be to have the driver stop at the gate so he can use a bicycle or walk........ Orv Druck 239-682-9271 I expect this guy be fired before real damage occurs due to a deliver service for packages

Ups- no confirmation of delivery until 2 weeks later

UPS NEVER came to my door and knocked, nor left ANY type of notice or tracking email stating that my package had been delivered to someone at our complex's clubhouse office 2 weeks ago! How in the world can someone other than myself SIGN for my personal package?! - especially when I was home on the date that it was supposedly signed for and have seen various ups trucks at other residents homes all the time. Hopefully it will be waiting for me in the office, stressing out as it is my child's Christmas present. UPS is ridiculous and I will never use again.

The people in the office that signed for it didn't tell you? That wasn't very nice.

Irresponsible UPS shipping drivers

I stayed in an apartment where the main entrance door is locked all the time. I tracked my parcel and post a notice at the main entrance to call my cell when they are trying to deliver it. However, the driver had chosen to ignore my notice and send my their very own sticky notes. I decided to stay near the window to look out for them(12 hours WASTED) because they never clearly state when will they deliver it. I saw the driver at around 5pm(it was dark) and when i ran down there to claim my parcel, guess what, the driver just left even when I POSTED THE NOTE to CALL my CELL!! This had never happened to me before and I did it all the time and never have i experienced such irresponsible driver. Now my parcel is on its way back to the sender!!!!! WHAT are you guys doing !!!!!!!!!!! I waited so long for my parcel and you are sending it back again !!??? This is an ignorant act from you guys.

We (UPS Drivers) ARE permitted to have cell phones on or in our vehicles.We are NOT, however, permitted to use the phone when the vehicle is in motion or allow the phone to distract in any way(Corporate policy and Federal ban).It is at each individual drivers discretion whether to use his/her cell to contact the customer directly.I use my cell several times daily to communicate and facilitate, but that's MY policy.I would have called you instantly and got the package delivered.Problem solved and just plain good customer service.Another solution that you overlooked would be to find an alternate delivery location or apt office for the driver to deliver to .Then leave that information on the yellow info notice that the driver left on the first attempt(the info-notice should have the approx re-attempt time shown).Another avenue would be to call 1-800-pick-ups and leave instructions that way.The little brown tablet (diad) that we carry around is capable of sending and receiving text msgs from the local operating centers.In closing, I apologize for your grief and can assure you that I would have handled it differently.

smedrik

Drivers are not permitted to carry phones, nor does the corporate office issue a cell phone.

What you were asking is that the UPS driver potentially use his personal cell phone to contact you.

I don't know if it's a corporate thing or just in our area, but the UPS drivers are NOT permitted to carry cell phones on their truck for obvious reasons. And I seriously doubt that a driver is going to go looking for a pay phone to call you.

I sure as he11 would not go out of my way to find a phone and then have to use my own money to call you. He did exactly the right thing.

View more comments (2)
Loss

UPS. Never ever use them for over night shipping.

I ordered a package yesterday, getting over night shipping, expecting it to be here as the option of "over night shipping" implies. But no. It is getting here four days from now. It was supposed to arrive in New Mexico. It flew out of Dallas, Texas yesterday....to Louisville, Kentucky today. Excuse me!? If it is over night, it is supposed to be the fastest it can be, so flying it the complete opposite direction doesn't seem to be very efficient. And when I call to complain? I get a sassy guy with an accent telling me the company policies that supposedly known to everyone. Obviously not, SIR. I will never use UPS willingly again. Fedex, you just won yourself a loyal customer.

Looks like you posted this on a Saturday correct? I just wanted to share with you that anything ordered on a Fri EVEN with overnight service is del the earliest on Mon.

Unless you pay extra for deliveries on Saturday. This is both for UPS and FedEx as well.

They have the same policies and same procedures. I urge you to switch just to see that there is really no difference

With UPS everything goes to Louisville, KY. Ship via Fedex and everything goes to Memphis, TN.

This is where all packages are sorted (by destination, priority, etc) and loaded onto other planes that take the packages to their destination area (ie. a package going from Portalnd,Or will go to Louisville and be loaded onto a plane to D/FW for delivery in Waco,TX).

Upon arrival at D/FW, more sorting occurs and packages are usually loaded onto semi-trailers for delivery to local distribution points where they are again unloaded, sorted and placed on the "brown" delivery trucks to their final destination (your door). Frankly, I think both UPS and Fedex do a remarkable job considering what they go through to get a package from point A to point B.

View more comments (1)