Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

UPS in Jacksonville, Florida - Military family undue stress!!!

My family flies to Germany for a 3-year tour in 2 days. We have a family pet that needed time sensitive documents stamped by the USDA vet services. I over-nighted the documents with the payment on Friday for a Monday by noon delivery. At 4pm Monday, there was still no delivery. The package was put on the wrong truck! I cant tell you how tired I got of hearing "someone will call you in response to your urgent message within the hour"!. First, I only got 1 call back from 4 urgent messages. Second, I got told that if it didn't get delivered by the office closing time (4pm), it will be held til the next business day and will be there by noon. What?!?!?..... Tuesday is our LAST day to get this done! We have no home, no household goods, and we leave in 36 hours and I need this paperwork in hand at the airport check-in! In the end, the package arrived at 430 (the daily pick-up time). Wouldn't it have been less stressful to just say, their daily pick-up driver has it and it WILL be there today??? Now, I have to drive 2 hours to pick up these documents myself because there is no time for the prepaid over-night return. UGH...... I will NEVER use UPS again!!!!!

'Cause you don't seem real bright.

How did " the package arrived at 430 (the daily pick-up time)" AND "that 4 hour delay meant delivery after the USDA's closing"?

Your self contradicting nonsensical rants are fun to watch though.

I'm starting to fear for the safety of your children though. You need a zoloft. I was worried about your husband for a minute there, but then I realized he's getting plenty on the side to make life with you bearable.

Sad to be you, I guess. Buck up princess.

Look I have a son serving in afghanistan, I get the stress military and their families have to endure, we appreciate your service...but...what a freakin baby you are...shoot you're not even going to a combat zone. Pffftt.

While your sacrifices are appreciated, make no mistake, ups moves MILLIONS of packages a day. Ocassionally one will get missorted and end up not making a time deadline, yours missed by four hours, bummer. File for your guaranteed service refund. They still did deliver that day and frankly you planned poorly if you waited until the last second something that could possibly delay your move. Ever hear the saying "poor planning on your part doesn't necessarily constitute an emergency on my part"? Think about that and take it to heart.

Thanks again for your service and God bless.

momofthree2611
@what a drama queen

First off, who the *** are you to call me a baby! I have been an Army wife for 16 years and dealt with multiple 'war' deployments since the 9/11. Dont talk to me about having the right to complain! I have more than earned my right to vent

and complan about any *** thing I please! Oh, and we are gearing up to do another 'war zone' within 30 days of reaching our new destination. Don't for one minute "military mom" think you know squat about what the military life is like. If you dont want to hear a complaint, THEN DON'T READ IT!

AND FYI..... this particular paperwork, by international guidelines, CANNOT be completed by your own vet until a minimum of 10 days prior to flight!

... Not my poor planning you ignoramus!

@momofthree2611

You are a whiny baby/drama queen. Sniff, sniff.

Let's get this straight...you had 10 days to do the paperwork and you waited until the last day, right? Yeah, poor planning on your part.

In the real world a 4 hour delay on a package delivery shouldn't cause "undue stress" nor the type of unhinged rant(s) shown here. Perhaps you need some psychological help. Here's a hint...most people take responsibility for their mistakes. It appears you have been on the government teat too long and have adopted their ways...pass the buck much? Get that the from the current commander in chief?

I know in your self-entitled world that your sacrifices mean more than those of everyone else, but well, they don't. I mean you have "earned" what exactly? Learned to ride on the coattails of your husband's work and sacrifice(s)? And you know more about "military life" than everyone else in the world? Ha! Sweetie, that's a good one.

I salute your husband, pray he comes home safe during his next combat assignment and hope you learn some day that in the real world, it's not all about you.

momofthree2611
@Thanks for proving me right

You want to talk about psychological help?!? You are the one with nothing better to do than troll on this website to shoot your mouth off when you don't agree with a strangers opinion.

While you are starting an argument due to MY self entitlement, take a good long look in the mirror; assuming it won't crack. I did this process 8 days prior because my vet couldn't see me before then. AND that 4 hour delay meant delivery after the USDA's closing!

Yes, I do presume to know real military life more than a mommy. You simply miss your kid; I as a wife with children, hold down an entire household keeping things running and as normal aa possible for my babies. You willow NEVER understand what that is like... for that you are lucky!

So it is you that sounds self etitled and all because you birthed a military man who is now grown and his own entity. You take the credit for whatthe your son does protecting this country.... how sad! Ho find yourself a real life lady, and stop presuming to know about *** that doesn't even concern you!

View more comments (4)

UPS - Next Day Air

As I ordered my item from the vendor, they stated I can receive my item next day if I utilize UPS service called "Next Day Air". However, when you look at this service at the UPS website it does not clearly state that there is certain stipulations to actual time when you receive the item. In my case after trying to talk to the UPS customer service they shed more lights to these stipulations. Like for example, even though UPS works Saturday but it is not considered business day for them, so if your item is shipped by vendor on Friday morning and you happen to live couple states away, you will end up getting your item Monday before 7pm.I am pissed because I paid $70 extra on my $280 item in hopes to get it sooner than Monday night.

It's ups' fault you don't understand what the phrase "business days" mean? Nda means one business day.

Ship Monday get it Tuesday...ship Wednesday, get it Thursday...ship Friday you get it on Monday, the next BUSINESS day. Fedex has the same exact policy. You can pay extra for Saturday but there are limited cars on those days, same as fedex.

In fact now that I think about it, same as banks too. The bank is open Saturday but guess what your deposit won't clear until Monday.

Geezus some people are thick.

UPS in Corinth, Mississippi - Mamaroo

I sold a mamaroo on ebay. The item was practically new. I decided to go with UPS because I trusted they would handle my item with care and it would arrive safely. Needles to say, it did not. I was contacted by the buyer that it only worked on one setting. I refunded her and filed a claim. I was told by them in Corinth, MS that it was not damaged. If an electronic item is not turned on, then how could you know. It does now only work on one setting and I was out the expensive shipping plus cost of item. I will never use UPS again.

Mamaroo was probably packed like poo, that makes you the foo

UPS in Pasco, Washington - Poor customer service

I ordered an item from Amazon this past memorial weekend. I paid extra for expedited shipping. The package showed up at my local ups warehouse on Wednesday. I have arrangements with my local ups to deliver to my neighbor who is always home (I live alone and am seldom home when ups comes). The driver (a substitute) did not do as the instructions indicated, instead he left a delivery notice. Today, the driver again did not do as the instructions stated, but left a delivery notice. I called the 800 ups number....received a call back from Katie at my local ups, but was on the other line. Katie left a message saying that in order for me to have my delivery taken to the neighbor, there would have to be special arrangements...the driver wouldn't just know to do that. When she called back a couple hours later, I told her that I did in fact have "special arrangements" and my normal driver had recently shown me that any driver would see the notice to deliver to the neighbors house come up on the handheld computer upon delivery. Katie looked on her computer and realized that I was correct (Katie should have looked on her computer for this information before she ever called me). Her only "solution" was to redeliver the next day (third attempt). I asked her if the roles were reversed, would she think this was an acceptable solution to the problem. After All, I had paid for expedited shipping and thru the drivers inattention to detail, my package was going to be 3 DAYS LATE! That's longer than the shipping was supposed to take in the first place. Anyway, her answer was ambivalent...almost like it was my fault that the driver didn't look at his computer upon making a delivery attempt. Poor management and a poor customer service call by Katie. Is customer retention not important to ups? Are you such a big company, with such a corner on the delivery business that you don't need to worry about customer service? I'm VERY disappointed.... I get several packages per week, but I think I'll be insisting on alternative carriers from now on.

That happened to me to just recently. Through Amazon ordered a few items this past week.

Paid them extra for 2 day shipping. They came but needed a signature. So next attempt was between hours no one is home.

I emailed UPS seeing if they can come AFTER 3:15 PM or even AFTER 5 PM to which Blair said they don't come at specific times.

If she read the email she would notice I wasn't asking for specific time just anytime after. Even wrote a note and put it on door to verify to driver no one is home until after that time. Please deliver it after 5 PM next day. I get a post it for next day between 10:30-2 PM.

Apparently it doesn't matter for the customers. Amazon needs a new delivery service!

So, have it sent to your neighbors address with your name on it in the future ?

Avoids any special instructions being missed !

UPS runs an ad that suggests a customer can arrange a reasonable delivery time. Evidently, this refers to a "My Choice" plan that charges fees.

UPS conveniently leaves that caveat out of their ad.

This is not a company that I will use for delivery. Nor will I purchase from any future vendors that do not allow me an alternative delivery company.

View more comments (2)

UPS in Adelaide, South Australia - Rude service

On a few occasions in the past I have missed a delivery attempt from UPS (Adelaide SA) to my premises. I phone up the next day to arrange a pickup from their depot. When I arrive everything is locked up. I go to the front office where they tell me to ring a bell near the main gate. I ring it, no-one comes. I wait 4 - 5 minutes. I then go to leave. Suddenly in the distance from my car the gate opens with 2 guys standing there staring at me with smirks on their faces. When I walk back to say I thought no-one was there, they just stare at me. This silence continues as I receive and sign for my parcel. Shocking attitude, where's the politeness these days!

UPS WHAT A JOKE

I waited for s signed package to be deliveries it is my cell phone been out of it for a week. So the day of I check the status says should be between 2-6pm I have ups my choice. I am in the kitchen which is approximately three feet from my living room door. So I have my brothers checking non stop and I am checking .. NADA, then I check online and it says it has been delivered so tell me why when I go back to check out the door the UPS guy is DRIVING AWAY. The online said he tried at 3:36pm but I seen him at 4:48pm WHAT!!!???!!! Talked to management because this was not the first time it happened. I got a video of the driver the next day standing and not ringing the doorbell just standing writing out the sorry we missed you note. I took it to corporate. I would advise all to do the same. UPS (United Parcel Service) Corporate Office Headquarters in the USA: 55 Glenlake Parkway, NE Atlanta, GA 30328 Corporate Phone Number: 1-404-828-6000 Corporate Fax Number: 1-404-828-7666 Corporate Email: info@ups.com Corporate Stock Symbol: UPS UPS Google Finance Information

UPS in Atlanta, Georgia - LOST VETERANS HAT

Posted on May 29th, 2013 at 12:57 pm I left a Korea Veterans Army hat at my nephew,s home in CA. I asked him to ship it back to me so I could wear it on Memorial day. He sent in on May 20, 2013 from San Pedro, CA and it arrived in Doraville, GA on May 23, 2013. (Great) It is now May 29 and it is still not delivered. I live 16 miles from Doraville. They now say it will take up to 8 days to trace it. How is that for treating a veteran. They wouldn’t even call the Doraville location to check on it. I asked for the phone number of the Doraville Facility and Deborah in the lost and found department refused to give it to me. Initially they did not want to listen to me but said I needed to call the shipper. No one should use UPS. They do not know the meaning of the words - CUSTOMER SERVICE.
Loss

UPS in Columbus, Ohio - Brand color is brown b/c customer service is ***!

Driver not doing his job. Tells boss he tried to deliver a package that I paid $100 to deliver, TWICE and no one home. Sorry pal, we were home both times. He NEVER came to the door. Customer service says, "OH MY, That's the driver's fault.". "Too bad customer, you can drive 20 miles to the distribution center and pick up your package". "You want a refund?---call the guy you ordered from and tell him to ask for it"? WHAT? I paid for this delivery, not the guy I ordered it from. They just want to make it even harder to get a refund. Why would I go back to the place I ordered from? Although, they DO have way better service than UPS.
Tags
  • better service

UPS in Melbourne, Victoria - Why cant a human push a button?

a delivery is expected, we leave doors open etc., why cant the delivery person then find and ring a bell to notify us of his arrival. hundreds others have and do every day! is it the level of care taken relevant to how much couriers are paid? or just a general attitude? im not a whinger but how hard can it be for someone to do their job-everyone else manages. i will never use ups again-not worth the hassle. j word word word word word word word word word gh ffhg hddf hfcg hff hgf hgg jhf sty fuj gggg hhg ggg gyh juggg u ggg hhf fgu ggu hh

UPS in Phoenix, Arizona - Package marked fragile and told at origin, damaged

I purchased a vintage reel to reel tape recorder from a seller in florida via paypal. he carefully wrapped,( including reccomended box from ups, that cost me 16 dollars) and marked and told represenative that it was sensitive. when it arrived in mesa az. it looked like it had been kicked around pretty badly. inside the wooden case wasd smashed on both corners and the electronics that he said were working were not. we called rep and on thursday and they said that we guranteed conrtact by the next day. we still have not heard anything. why buy insurance when a company has no regard for their customers and why would two different employees make false statements about contact. nsever again ups.