Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

UPS in Brooklyn, New York - Delivery seems Impossible

I waited for a desk delivery until 5:15 p.m. on 05/30. The UPS truck sat at the corner from at 4 p.m., so I called UPS to see when I could expect delivery; they could offer no help and couldn't ascertain if it was even on that truck. The UPS rep I spoke to said I could pick it up, but I explained it's a 90-lb desk being delivered and I don't have a car and couldn't possibly carry it on my own up and down subway stairs. I explained to the rep that my shift in Manhattan starts at 5 p.m., and I could no longer wait. (Of course, I received a text notification when I arrived at work that UPS attempted delivery at 5:50 p.m., so it had indeed been on that truck.) I asked what the best solution was, given that it seems common that UPS delivers later in the day, when I'm at work. She said they could leave it at a leasing office (we don't have those in Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn) or with a neighbor (which I don't know any of mine except for the crazy man upstairs who threw away another neighbor's laundry cart when left out accidentally one afternoon). After all that, she recommended I sign up online for MyChoice, which costs $40 but would enable me to narrow down deliveries to a 4-hour time frame. I was relieved by this, and signed up immediately. However, I found out the next day from another UPS rep that I couldn't apply that service to this package, only future deliveries. So, the next best choice was that I pay $5 to postpone the delivery until my next day off, 06/04. That's today. It's now 7:45 p.m., and no delivery. The truck stopped directly in front of my building about an hour ago, attempted two deliveries at neighboring buildings, then left. I was shocked, so I called UPS to find my package. The rep says it could be on another truck, the same story I got last time. I told the rep that I'd been waiting patiently all day during the 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. delivery times, but the rep said they don't stop delivering at 7 p.m. and could very well deliver any time after that. She can't tell me if it's on this truck. She can't tell me when I can expect delivery. She can't get a supervisor on the phone. Most likely, this 90-lb ergonomic desk that I desperately need (I'm a writer with back problems thanks to years of waiting tables) and invested a great deal of money on will be returned to the manufacturer in Arizona, because so many have dropped the ball in this one seemingly simple task. I've lived in New York for 5 years now, yet I still don't understand how, in a major city such as this, getting a simple delivery is so difficult. P.S. In two previous package deliveries, the building buzzer was broken (it has since been fixed), so I would leave notes on the door asking the delivery man to call my phone so I could come down and accept. The first time, the UPS guy ignored the note, didn't call and left the Missed Delivery slip right next to my note. When I called UPS, the rep said they didn't require the drivers to carry cell phones--which may be true, though I don't know too many people who don't have cell phones on them at all times--so as a solution, I asked the rep to put a notation that the delivery man could even shout out, "UPS!" My apartment is directly above the building front door, and I keep all three windows open and could hear them. I even posted a new note saying that. So, the next day, I just happened to look out my window in the afternoon, and I see the UPS delivery man leaving my courtyard, package in hand. I ran downstairs, yelled out to him, and when he came back, I signed for the package. When I asked him why he didn't call me or yell out as the note requested, he said he couldn't call me because he was on a personal phone call. He showed me a text that he'd sent, which of course was to the wrong number. Why he didn't announce that he was outside is beyond reason. This company doesn't have any clue of customer service or even how to deliver.
#661921

The fault here is that UPS does not supply drivers with company cell phones, the driver is under no obligaion to use personal cell phone for company business, especially when the company pays no part of the bill.

UPS in Brooklyn, New York - Missed delivery for 2 days

I had 2 deliveries schedules to be at my office on a certain date and i was waiting all day for those packages since they were important for clients who were waiting on them. they never showed up and told me it would be here the next day, here i am writing this still waiting on this package and its 5:07 on the NEXT day. now they say it will only be here tomorrow. i have lost a client because of this and my reputation has gone down because of UPS BLIND driver who cant find 3 big signs that say my company name, address and suite number in bold!!!!
Loss

UPS in Metairie, Louisiana - Horrible service and delivery(there was no delivery)

UPS - Horrible service and delivery(there was no delivery)
Never recieved my package. UPS blames it on BabiesRus and that they should be held responsible. I spoke with a supervisor on the phone and he was basically an ***. Telling me that the claim I made on my package all the way back in February (YES! FEBRUARY!) was expired and that he cannot help me. *** man, hope you rot in *** for allowing people to suffer. I still never recieved my package and I am as is having problems financially. All this began with me just innocently shopping Babiesrus online for baby bath for my baby. Everyone working for UPS can shove all those boxes up their ***...EACH AND EVERYONE of you! I have complained for four months and still no effort made to help.
Tags
  • UPS bad service supervisor

UPS in New York, New York - YOU HAD ONE JOB TO DO

Spent all day waiting for my package, spent another two hours on the phone trying to find out why it didn't come. I was told by the lady at the facility, and I quote "I can come pick it up if I need it so bad" and that "maybe he doesn't know how to ring a doorbell, i can't comment on that" WTF? how in this day and age does this constitute customer service? I STILL DONT HAVE AN ANSWER... They say he was here at 5:06 and there is zero proof of that. No note, no bell rung, this is how they do business? I have a problem every time I am forced to use this company. They don't even handle customer complaints well. To take the drivers side and say he was here when there is no evidence he was is ridiculous. When I asked if i can get some kind of refund on my package that will now be getting here three days late, I was told to contact Amazon. YOU HAVE ONE JOB AND YOU SUCK AT IT UPS!
Loss

UPS in Jacksonville, Florida - Military family undue stress!!!

My family flies to Germany for a 3-year tour in 2 days. We have a family pet that needed time sensitive documents stamped by the USDA vet services. I over-nighted the documents with the payment on Friday for a Monday by noon delivery. At 4pm Monday, there was still no delivery. The package was put on the wrong truck! I cant tell you how tired I got of hearing "someone will call you in response to your urgent message within the hour"!. First, I only got 1 call back from 4 urgent messages. Second, I got told that if it didn't get delivered by the office closing time (4pm), it will be held til the next business day and will be there by noon. What?!?!?..... Tuesday is our LAST day to get this done! We have no home, no household goods, and we leave in 36 hours and I need this paperwork in hand at the airport check-in! In the end, the package arrived at 430 (the daily pick-up time). Wouldn't it have been less stressful to just say, their daily pick-up driver has it and it WILL be there today??? Now, I have to drive 2 hours to pick up these documents myself because there is no time for the prepaid over-night return. UGH...... I will NEVER use UPS again!!!!!

'Cause you don't seem real bright.

How did " the package arrived at 430 (the daily pick-up time)" AND "that 4 hour delay meant delivery after the USDA's closing"?

Your self contradicting nonsensical rants are fun to watch though.

I'm starting to fear for the safety of your children though. You need a zoloft. I was worried about your husband for a minute there, but then I realized he's getting plenty on the side to make life with you bearable.

Sad to be you, I guess. Buck up princess.

Look I have a son serving in afghanistan, I get the stress military and their families have to endure, we appreciate your service...but...what a freakin baby you are...shoot you're not even going to a combat zone. Pffftt.

While your sacrifices are appreciated, make no mistake, ups moves MILLIONS of packages a day. Ocassionally one will get missorted and end up not making a time deadline, yours missed by four hours, bummer. File for your guaranteed service refund. They still did deliver that day and frankly you planned poorly if you waited until the last second something that could possibly delay your move. Ever hear the saying "poor planning on your part doesn't necessarily constitute an emergency on my part"? Think about that and take it to heart.

Thanks again for your service and God bless.

momofthree2611
@what a drama queen

First off, who the *** are you to call me a baby! I have been an Army wife for 16 years and dealt with multiple 'war' deployments since the 9/11. Dont talk to me about having the right to complain! I have more than earned my right to vent

and complan about any *** thing I please! Oh, and we are gearing up to do another 'war zone' within 30 days of reaching our new destination. Don't for one minute "military mom" think you know squat about what the military life is like. If you dont want to hear a complaint, THEN DON'T READ IT!

AND FYI..... this particular paperwork, by international guidelines, CANNOT be completed by your own vet until a minimum of 10 days prior to flight!

... Not my poor planning you ignoramus!

@momofthree2611

You are a whiny baby/drama queen. Sniff, sniff.

Let's get this straight...you had 10 days to do the paperwork and you waited until the last day, right? Yeah, poor planning on your part.

In the real world a 4 hour delay on a package delivery shouldn't cause "undue stress" nor the type of unhinged rant(s) shown here. Perhaps you need some psychological help. Here's a hint...most people take responsibility for their mistakes. It appears you have been on the government teat too long and have adopted their ways...pass the buck much? Get that the from the current commander in chief?

I know in your self-entitled world that your sacrifices mean more than those of everyone else, but well, they don't. I mean you have "earned" what exactly? Learned to ride on the coattails of your husband's work and sacrifice(s)? And you know more about "military life" than everyone else in the world? Ha! Sweetie, that's a good one.

I salute your husband, pray he comes home safe during his next combat assignment and hope you learn some day that in the real world, it's not all about you.

momofthree2611
@Thanks for proving me right

You want to talk about psychological help?!? You are the one with nothing better to do than troll on this website to shoot your mouth off when you don't agree with a strangers opinion.

While you are starting an argument due to MY self entitlement, take a good long look in the mirror; assuming it won't crack. I did this process 8 days prior because my vet couldn't see me before then. AND that 4 hour delay meant delivery after the USDA's closing!

Yes, I do presume to know real military life more than a mommy. You simply miss your kid; I as a wife with children, hold down an entire household keeping things running and as normal aa possible for my babies. You willow NEVER understand what that is like... for that you are lucky!

So it is you that sounds self etitled and all because you birthed a military man who is now grown and his own entity. You take the credit for whatthe your son does protecting this country.... how sad! Ho find yourself a real life lady, and stop presuming to know about *** that doesn't even concern you!

View more comments (4)

UPS - Next Day Air

As I ordered my item from the vendor, they stated I can receive my item next day if I utilize UPS service called "Next Day Air". However, when you look at this service at the UPS website it does not clearly state that there is certain stipulations to actual time when you receive the item. In my case after trying to talk to the UPS customer service they shed more lights to these stipulations. Like for example, even though UPS works Saturday but it is not considered business day for them, so if your item is shipped by vendor on Friday morning and you happen to live couple states away, you will end up getting your item Monday before 7pm.I am pissed because I paid $70 extra on my $280 item in hopes to get it sooner than Monday night.

It's ups' fault you don't understand what the phrase "business days" mean? Nda means one business day.

Ship Monday get it Tuesday...ship Wednesday, get it Thursday...ship Friday you get it on Monday, the next BUSINESS day. Fedex has the same exact policy. You can pay extra for Saturday but there are limited cars on those days, same as fedex.

In fact now that I think about it, same as banks too. The bank is open Saturday but guess what your deposit won't clear until Monday.

Geezus some people are thick.

UPS in Corinth, Mississippi - Mamaroo

I sold a mamaroo on ebay. The item was practically new. I decided to go with UPS because I trusted they would handle my item with care and it would arrive safely. Needles to say, it did not. I was contacted by the buyer that it only worked on one setting. I refunded her and filed a claim. I was told by them in Corinth, MS that it was not damaged. If an electronic item is not turned on, then how could you know. It does now only work on one setting and I was out the expensive shipping plus cost of item. I will never use UPS again.

Mamaroo was probably packed like poo, that makes you the foo

UPS in Pasco, Washington - Poor customer service

I ordered an item from Amazon this past memorial weekend. I paid extra for expedited shipping. The package showed up at my local ups warehouse on Wednesday. I have arrangements with my local ups to deliver to my neighbor who is always home (I live alone and am seldom home when ups comes). The driver (a substitute) did not do as the instructions indicated, instead he left a delivery notice. Today, the driver again did not do as the instructions stated, but left a delivery notice. I called the 800 ups number....received a call back from Katie at my local ups, but was on the other line. Katie left a message saying that in order for me to have my delivery taken to the neighbor, there would have to be special arrangements...the driver wouldn't just know to do that. When she called back a couple hours later, I told her that I did in fact have "special arrangements" and my normal driver had recently shown me that any driver would see the notice to deliver to the neighbors house come up on the handheld computer upon delivery. Katie looked on her computer and realized that I was correct (Katie should have looked on her computer for this information before she ever called me). Her only "solution" was to redeliver the next day (third attempt). I asked her if the roles were reversed, would she think this was an acceptable solution to the problem. After All, I had paid for expedited shipping and thru the drivers inattention to detail, my package was going to be 3 DAYS LATE! That's longer than the shipping was supposed to take in the first place. Anyway, her answer was ambivalent...almost like it was my fault that the driver didn't look at his computer upon making a delivery attempt. Poor management and a poor customer service call by Katie. Is customer retention not important to ups? Are you such a big company, with such a corner on the delivery business that you don't need to worry about customer service? I'm VERY disappointed.... I get several packages per week, but I think I'll be insisting on alternative carriers from now on.

That happened to me to just recently. Through Amazon ordered a few items this past week.

Paid them extra for 2 day shipping. They came but needed a signature. So next attempt was between hours no one is home.

I emailed UPS seeing if they can come AFTER 3:15 PM or even AFTER 5 PM to which Blair said they don't come at specific times.

If she read the email she would notice I wasn't asking for specific time just anytime after. Even wrote a note and put it on door to verify to driver no one is home until after that time. Please deliver it after 5 PM next day. I get a post it for next day between 10:30-2 PM.

Apparently it doesn't matter for the customers. Amazon needs a new delivery service!

So, have it sent to your neighbors address with your name on it in the future ?

Avoids any special instructions being missed !

UPS runs an ad that suggests a customer can arrange a reasonable delivery time. Evidently, this refers to a "My Choice" plan that charges fees.

UPS conveniently leaves that caveat out of their ad.

This is not a company that I will use for delivery. Nor will I purchase from any future vendors that do not allow me an alternative delivery company.

View more comments (2)

UPS in Adelaide, South Australia - Rude service

On a few occasions in the past I have missed a delivery attempt from UPS (Adelaide SA) to my premises. I phone up the next day to arrange a pickup from their depot. When I arrive everything is locked up. I go to the front office where they tell me to ring a bell near the main gate. I ring it, no-one comes. I wait 4 - 5 minutes. I then go to leave. Suddenly in the distance from my car the gate opens with 2 guys standing there staring at me with smirks on their faces. When I walk back to say I thought no-one was there, they just stare at me. This silence continues as I receive and sign for my parcel. Shocking attitude, where's the politeness these days!

UPS WHAT A JOKE

I waited for s signed package to be deliveries it is my cell phone been out of it for a week. So the day of I check the status says should be between 2-6pm I have ups my choice. I am in the kitchen which is approximately three feet from my living room door. So I have my brothers checking non stop and I am checking .. NADA, then I check online and it says it has been delivered so tell me why when I go back to check out the door the UPS guy is DRIVING AWAY. The online said he tried at 3:36pm but I seen him at 4:48pm WHAT!!!???!!! Talked to management because this was not the first time it happened. I got a video of the driver the next day standing and not ringing the doorbell just standing writing out the sorry we missed you note. I took it to corporate. I would advise all to do the same. UPS (United Parcel Service) Corporate Office Headquarters in the USA: 55 Glenlake Parkway, NE Atlanta, GA 30328 Corporate Phone Number: 1-404-828-6000 Corporate Fax Number: 1-404-828-7666 Corporate Email: info@ups.com Corporate Stock Symbol: UPS UPS Google Finance Information